• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Ted Cruz's Texas poll numbers recover after Trump loses?

Will Cruz's poll numbers recover if Trump loses in November?

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cruz isn't up for re-election until 2018. Plenty of time to fully recover. Americans have a very short memory and things that happen last week quickly become ancient history. We tend to fret only about what is in the news today, as soon as something else replaces it, we move on to whatever replaced it totally forgetting what was hot yesterday.

If Trump loses in November, he'll probably be a registered Democrat by the time 2018 rolls around. He has changed his party affiliation 7 times. This opportunist owes no allegiance or loyalty to the Republican Party.

For the record
Until 1987 Trump was a Democrat
From 1987-1999 he was a Republican
In 1999 Trump became an Independent
2000 to 2001 Trump was a member of the Reform Party
2001 to 2009 he was a Democrat again
2009 to 2011 he became a Republican
2011 to 2012 Trump was a registered Independent
2012 to present he became a Republican again.

I've posted that to people who are blindly loyal to Trump. I point it out pretty much every day. I've even posted links to his voter registrations so people can see for themselves that he's a fraud. But they never listen. They just close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears, and pretend that Donald Trump is a Republican.

Depressing.

I've posted that to people who are blindly loyal to Trump. I point it out pretty much every day. I've even posted links to his voter registrations so people can see for themselves that he's a fraud. But they never listen. They just close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears, and pretend that Donald Trump is a Republican.

Depressing.

Trump is no Republican as you stated. He is an opportunist who took advantage of the anger pent up among a certain group of Republicans. Trump goes whichever way the wind blows. His lifelong political beliefs are very liberal. He changed a couple of his political views to run as a Republican and promised to built a wall. Viola, enough Republicans bought this snake oil salesman bottle of magic cure all elixir and boom, he is their nominee.

He won't recover because the nation saw him try to stop the voters will by buying off delegates.. when that happened trump suddenly soared and he suddenly fell like a rock and indiana his best state saw and then they went against him in a landslide

also he won't recover when he called the voters in the south who voted so strong for trump uneducated people.. BUT texans are the very same people and he went against 2 popular texas governors who endorsed trump when he would not

I think the one thing we learned is that Cruz's way was not what the GoP or voters wanted. He failed to entertain them which is what the GoP primary came down to...who was the most entertaining!.....and despite Trump's inexperience and lunacy at times he had more charisma (likeable) than Cruz...not that it was hard to beat Cruz in that category. Seriously.....if the voters really wanted a guy like Cruz do you think Trump would have beat him? Cruz's biggest mistake was accepting the opportunity to speak at the RNC when he should have declined - sour grapes was not a good look for Cruz.

I voted Yes- Cruz's numbers will recover after Trump loses.

That is because the intellectual and psychological decomposition of the Republican electorate is now so advanced that a majority is sure to vote for the worst candidate in the field who has not already gotten totally, beyond redemption, demolished.

Nobody, not even 21st century Republican majority white trash, could be stupid enough to vote twice for anyone who loses as badly as Trump is going to lose this November 8. That will leave it on a platter to Cruz, clearly the 2nd worst candidate of the party, and nearly as bad as Trump.

I was checking out my old posts and ran across the above gem.

In the interest of absolute transparency I must bump it to the head of the line in order to admit how wrong I was.

I underestimated the stupidity of the Republican white trash, and, worse, I underestimated their numbers.

God help us.

Back
Top Bottom