• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Smith attacks Chris Rocks at the Oscars

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Chris Rock and Will Smith had an altercation during the 2022 Oscar telecast. Rock appeared on stage to present the Oscar for documentary feature and made a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith being in “G.I. Jane” because of her shaved head. Smith then took the stage to punch Rock. Although it appeared to be a joke at first, Smith returned to his seat and yelled at Rock, “Keep my wife’s name out of your ****ing mouth!”

Many in the Oscars audience appeared stunned at the altercation. Diddy was the next presenter during the ceremony, where he appeared to introduce the 50th anniversary celebration to “The Godfather.” Diddy addressed the situation by saying, “Will and Chris, we’re going to solve this like family. Right now we’re moving on with love. Everybody make some noise.”

Very unprofessional and shocking behavior. Smith should be fined:

1648438076180.png

Oooohhh.... Drama.

They're a bunch of actors.... their whole existence is based on pretending to be other people. This was all staged to boost their ratings.

Wait and see... the next Fast & Furious movie will have the both of them starring in it.

He thinks he’s acting royalty, and he has sold movie tickets over the years. But things like this are what we call career-limiting moves. This could be the high-water mark for his career. I noticed in his acceptance speech he was talking about God commanding him to love, and he apologized to everyone—except the guy he slapped!

Oooohhh.... Drama.

They're a bunch of actors.... their whole existence is based on pretending to be other people. This was all staged to boost their ratings.

Wait and see... the next Fast & Furious movie will have the both of them starring in it.

No, this was not staged. If it was, he should have been given a second Oscar for his acceptance speech.

That looked real to me. especially considering Smith's behavior after he sat down.

What's weird is this is the same guy who lets other men sleep with his wife. bizarre.

No, this was not staged. If it was, he should have been given a second Oscar for his acceptance speech.

Sorry... I've known too many actors. Anything they do in front of a camera or on a stage is acting. If they're doing it on camera on a stage, well.... let's say it's going to take a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Sorry... I've known too many actors. Anything they do in front of a camera is acting.

Well, some of them have class, and don’t say before a world-wide audience “Keep my wife’s name out of your ****ing mouth” just before the In Memoriam segment.

Well, some of them have class, and don’t say before a world-wide audience “Keep my wife’s name out of your ****ing mouth” just before the In Memoriam segment.

Draaaaaa-ma. He's an actor. His wife is an actor. His kids are actors. Shit, his cat is probably on meow-mix commercials. Let's face it... his whole freaking life is draaaaaa-ma.

I've been a fan of Will Smith for a very long time, but that was inexcusable behavior and I will never pay to see a movie of his again.

You won’t be the only one. There will be plenty of PR firms and focus groups testing the damage to his box office drawing power.

He thinks he’s acting royalty, and he has sold movie tickets over the years. But things like this are what we call career-limiting moves. This could be the high-water mark for his career. I noticed in his acceptance speech he was talking about God commanding him to love, and he apologized to everyone—except the guy he slapped!

I thought he was a scientologist

Very unprofessional and shocking behavior. Smith should be fined:

View attachment 67382552
I would have hoped that Smith could have done more damage than that.

The classy thing to do would have been to just have got up and left. Sometimes, class and decorum are not called for. This was one of those times. Smith did the right thing. His wife has a condition that causes hair loss. Had this been a style choice on her part, I would feel differently. Rock's stock went down a few points in my book.

Will Smith is a horrible human being and **** him if he can't take a joke
He's not horrible at all, there are many men who won't tolerate some jerk insulting their wives. Doing it on a stage like that made it even worse, Rock is a POS, always has been.

You won’t be the only one. There will be plenty of PR firms and focus groups testing the damage to his box office drawing power.

It's only going to go up. They'll be a movie together before the year is out.... probably with lots of behind-the-scenes juicy gossip about how they can't stand each other months before it becomes next Christmas' must-see film.

The classy thing to do would have been to just have got up and left. Sometimes, class and decorum are not called for. This was one of those times. Smith did the right thing. His wife has a condition that causes hair loss. Had this been a style choice on her part, I would feel differently. Rock's stock went down a few points in my book.

Its comedy. Can't take a joke?

Completely agree.

He's not horrible at all, there are many men who won't tolerate some jerk insulting their wives. Doing it on a stage like that made it even worse, Rock is a POS, always has been.

Boy, are we that pc people cannot take a little roast?

Should George W. Bush have jailed Colbert?

Back
Top Bottom