• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Sean Penn be cancelled

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Sean not only appeared on the reviled by leftist FOX news, he went right to the most hated man by leftist "white supremacist and racist" Sean hannity. They had a cordial conversation and the Hollywood star actually sounded like a conservative.

"Here's what we have to know," said Penn. "The Ukrainians are fighting to win. And they're fighting to win for the very thing that we're able to do right now. To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."

"Let them fight it to win it, because they will," he added."

Question now is does the left cancel him for this abhorrent to them conciliatory gesture or does he get a pass? I think he gets a pass but I'm sure heads are exploding with the CRT -woke crowd. This is inappropriate behavior to them and maybe they will decide to make an example of Penn. Be interesting to see which way they go.

Sean not only appeared on the reviled by leftist FOX news, he went right to the most hated man by leftist "white supremacist and racist" Sean hannity. They had a cordial conversation and the Hollywood star actually sounded like a conservative.

"Here's what we have to know," said Penn. "The Ukrainians are fighting to win. And they're fighting to win for the very thing that we're able to do right now. To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."

Question now is does the left cancel him for this abhorrent to them conciliatory gesture or does he get a pass? I think he gets a pass but I'm sure heads are exploding with the CRT -woke crowd. This is inappropriate behavior to them and maybe they will decide to make an example of Penn. Be interesting to see which way they go.

No.

Why would anyone cancel Sean Penn? And how would they do that?

U Turn is an Oliver Stone classic. How 'bout that J Lo?

Supporting role, but great in the David Fincher classic, The Game.

Mystic River, Dead Man Walking, 21 Grams...

C'mon, man. Nobody wants to cancel Sean Penn. Weird question, but thanks. Time to watch a few of those again.

Last edited:

Just from reading the quotes in the article, it doesn't seem like he said anything wrong. Unless he said something stupid and controversial, I don't think anyone is going to be up in arms just because he appeared on Sean Hannity.

Are you pretending that sympathy and support for Ukraine is somehow rightist? Does that mean you want to cancel Tucker Carlson and his rightist Putin worship?

That would require that people paid attention to him in the first place.

Are you pretending that sympathy and support for Ukraine is somehow rightist? Does that mean you want to cancel Tucker Carlson and his rightist Putin worship?
Sounds like a conservative to me.

"To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."

You disagree with what Penn said on FOX?
I don't know what he said, nor do I care. I was commenting on whether he would be cancelled and as far as I can tell, you have to attention to be cancelled first and almost nobody has ever care about what Penn has said.

Nope. They both have a right to say what they want. Just because I happen to not like something or someone doesn't mean I don't value them as a human being.
Interesting statement. What part of what Penn said do you disagree with?

Sounds like a conservative to me.

"To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."
That sounds conservative to you? Really?
Damn. When they were serving up the rightist kool-aid you went back for seconds, didn't you.

Rightists don;t cancel people, we disagree with them... unless they try to do it to us first of course.

I do not disagree with Penn here though.

How did he sound like a "conservative"? Did he talk about cutting taxes for rich people?

Sean Penn hasn’t had a significant role in anything since 2008. He’s already cancelled.

Not so much what he said but where he said it. Hannity is one of the worst of the worst.
I'm not a fan of Hannity either, but having watched half of the interview so far I'm pleasantly surprised. It's refreshing to see two people set aside their differences and have a respectful discussion on an important issue and I think it's important that these kinds of interviews exist.

How did he sound like a "conservative"? Did he talk about cutting taxes for rich people?
If he mentioned "freedom" that's neither a conservative nor liberal stance, pretty much everyone likes freedom.

If he mentioned "freedom" that's neither a conservative nor liberal stance, pretty much everyone likes freedom.
"Freedom" is not a word "conservatives" use anymore, not since Trump took over the party.

Freedom to own a gun, drive a gas powered car or even a huge 4x4 pickup, freedom to get a voucher to send your kid to a non public teachers union government school. Leftist hate that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom