• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Republicans Help to Impeach Bush?

easyt65 said:
It was ALL over MSNBC, Fox, and the other media when this began. I would bother to dig through Google to get a link, but it is after 5, and I am going home in a minute. You obviously have a computer - YOU Google. And, BTW, Earle had also made contributions to the DNC, etc, further boosting at least the PERCEPTION of bias.

Well, when he has prosecuted far more democrats than he has republicans, I think there no perception of bias. Also, the facts will speak for themselves. The indictment was reviewed by a judge who dismissed on charge and found that the other charges warranted consideration by a jury.

Oh, so its ok as long as it isn't done to one of the 'big' GOP leaders or one YOU DON'T like?! Delay was the Majority Speaker, BTW - the GOP Leaders don't get much bigger than him in that position.

I probably didn't word that well. DeLay had received three rebukes by the House ethics committee, and it's a republican-controlled house! On top of that, those congressmen who rebuked him were removed from the ethics committee and the people who replaced them had donated to DeLay's campaign. That is just ridiculous. That what I mean about DeLay being sort of corrupt. He has been acting like he owns the Hill, and his house of cards were going to have to come down at some point.

"Tom DeLay was rebuked on three separate matters by the House Ethics Committee in the last Congress, an extraordinary slap at the leader," says Ornstein. "But they left open pending a fourth issue, which was the Ronnie Earle case in Texas. So what did the House Republicans do? They fire the chairman of the Ethics Committee. They removed two members."

And two of the replacements had contributed to DeLay’s legal defense fund.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/04/60minutes/main678234.shtml

It stinks to high heaven!

BTW, ask me tomorrow about a Lesser theory of mine about how the Democrats are systematically taking out the top GOP candidates. Through accusations and indictments, the Dems have taken out the majority Speaker before Delay, DeLay, have gone after Rove - the 'architecht of the DNC's defeat in 2000 AND 2004', and other of the strongest 'top' GOP leaders in contention for 2008. It is just a theory thrown out there for fun, but if you stare at it enough and look at some of the circumstances and facts out there, it starts to seem not so far-fetched. :shock:

Okay.

aps said:
I am being honest with you about not being able to find your link. If you asked me to provide a link, I would do it without any hestitation. Your response to me is that of a child. BTW, unlike you, I get my information from the news--CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, Atlantic Monthly, New York Times. I do not read anything from moveon.org or any other liberal organization. That's not me. So you can assume I get my information from John Kerry all you want. That's just your imposing what you do on me, you poor thing......
:2rofll:

CNN --liberal organization
MSNBC--liberal organization
Washington Post--liberal organization
Atlantic Monthly -- never heard of it
New York Times--liberal organization

okay. Buh bye! :laughat:

Back
Top Bottom