• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Obama's thin "Red Line" become a Thick Brown Streak? [W:92]

Re: Will Obama's thin "Red Line" become a Thick Brown Streak?

In order for Obama to lose credibility, he'd actually have to have credibility in the first place - the man is totally irrelevant and the American people and their leaders in Congress should ensure that he doesn't drag you into a wag the dog distraction in an attempt to recapture some relevance.

There was a time when US intervention might have helped and saved lives in Syria - that train left the station over a year ago and Obama wasn't on board - others have now filled the vacuum.

You can read. I'm sure that is a cherished ability.
Apparently not shared by you since you still ignore the point I made and backed with documentation.

In order for Obama to lose credibility, he'd actually have to have credibility in the first place - the man is totally irrelevant and the American people ....
Thanks for the Canadian peanut gallery view.

Apparently not shared by you since you still ignore the point I made and backed with documentation.

You have done nothing, so it would be impossible to ignore.

Facts, from the source, speak for themself. They have buried any other opinions offered.

You are welcome to your interpretation of facts, but not a rewrite of them.

Russian Deputy Premier Calls West ‘Monkey With Hand Grenade’

A firebrand Russian nationalist-turned-senior official said Tuesday that the West was acting in the Islamic world like a “monkey with a hand grenade.”

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s former envoy to NATO, did not elaborate on his comparison, made on his Russian-language Twitter page.

But Rogozin, who used to head a popular nationalist political party and now oversees Russia’s military industrial complex, has previously lambasted on Twitter the alleged plans of “Anglo-Saxons” to attack Syrian government forces.

Russian Deputy Premier Calls West

Now THAT'S a funny line.

Made me think of this;

Thanks for the Canadian peanut gallery view.

You're welcome - it's pretty dark where you are following so closely behind Obama that an alternate view may help you out.

Yeah, Putin wants the UN to make a decision.....that Russia can veto. And a civil war for the last couple of years in Syria isn't "chaos".

I find it funny that the party that demanded the ouster of Saddam for the gassing of the Kurds now are either mocking the President for a line or are calling for isolationism.
Heres the thing about drawing that 'line'. Once you have drawn it you have to act or you look like an impotent chicken****. Well...like even MORE of an impotent chicken****. Dont say **** you dont mean. Thats always been his problem.

You have done nothing, so it would be impossible to ignore.

Facts, from the source, speak for themself. They have buried any other opinions offered.

You are welcome to your interpretation of facts, but not a rewrite of them.
LOL....If I did nothing, then I did not "rewrite" anything.

FFS, nothing gets by you, does it?

Russian Deputy Premier Calls West ‘Monkey With Hand Grenade’

A firebrand Russian nationalist-turned-senior official said Tuesday that the West was acting in the Islamic world like a “monkey with a hand grenade.”

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s former envoy to NATO, did not elaborate on his comparison, made on his Russian-language Twitter page.

But Rogozin, who used to head a popular nationalist political party and now oversees Russia’s military industrial complex, has previously lambasted on Twitter the alleged plans of “Anglo-Saxons” to attack Syrian government forces.

Russian Deputy Premier Calls West

Now THAT'S a funny line.

Made me think of this;

I'm sure his "monkey" comment was towards the "West" and not the leader of the Western world.

You're welcome - it's pretty dark where you are following so closely behind Obama that an alternate view may help you out.
Ah, a dark comment concerning the President.

You ought to get a job writing for the Russians.

Heres the thing about drawing that 'line'. Once you have drawn it you have to act or you look like an impotent chicken****. Well...like even MORE of an impotent chicken****. Dont say **** you dont mean. Thats always been his problem.
Funny, i didn't know the deal was done.

Funny, i didn't know the deal was done.
Which deal...the last time chemical weapons were used or this time?

Like I said...the problem with pretending you are a badass is every now and again, someone might call you on it.

Which deal...the last time chemical weapons were used or this time?

Like I said...the problem with pretending you are a badass is every now and again, someone might call you on it.
LOL....who is pretending to be a "badass"? Was it this guy?:

Such bravado!

Just wondering, what time limits are you setting......and what will satisfy you as far as "consequences"?

Such bravado!

Just wondering, what time limits are you setting......and what will satisfy you as far as "consequences"?
OH there should be no time limits. Nor consequences. Just...you know....really really stern disappointment. Or...you know...something like that. Maybe. Or not. Dont want to piss anyone off really. Or make a decision. Cant really have that. And...besides...who do you support? I mean...what if it is the rebels you have been backing that actually used the chemical weapons. Well...then you will look really stupid. Or...maybe you just have to pretend it didnt happen. Sort of like the last time the line in the sand was crossed. Or...wasnt.

You true believer types are a laugh riot. If he launched nukes tomorrow you would justify it. If he does absolutely nothing, you will justify it. What does "is" mean?

OH there should be no time limits. Nor consequences. Just...you know....really really stern disappointment. Or...you know...something like that. Maybe. Or not. Dont want to piss anyone off really. Or make a decision. Cant really have that. And...besides...who do you support? I mean...what if it is the rebels you have been backing that actually used the chemical weapons. Well...then you will look really stupid. Or...maybe you just have to pretend it didnt happen. Sort of like the last time the line in the sand was crossed. Or...wasnt.

You true believer types are a laugh riot. If he launched nukes tomorrow you would justify it. If he does absolutely nothing, you will justify it. What does "is" mean?
This is funny, I asked you a straight up question, no snark, "what are the time limits and what should the consequences be".....and you respond with total snark.....topped off with an accusation that "you guys are so wishy washy that you will justify anything".

Not only have I not justified a thing, I can't get you or any other "badass" in this thread to commit to stating what the President SHOULD do. Only the lady has actually committed to a position (non-intervention) while you guys puff and whine about lines while you bring up past failures of not being sure about WMD's but take action anyway.

Obama is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with you guys.....so it doesn't really matter what he does.

PS...i voted for Hillary in the primaries.

It's hilarious how conservatives are all upset that Obama isn't making the stupid costly mistakes Bush did, and is actually trying to get the facts before using military power.

Silly conservatives and their Obamaphobia.

Such bravado!

I suspect that we will do the ususal "shock and awe" routine (blow up stuff for 3 to 4 days) claiming to have "surgically removed" important strategic targets identified by intelligence assets but, of course, also claiming to have inflicted "very limitted" collateral damage. After that will be the return to "carefully examining the situation on the ground" just as we have been doing for years. ;)

This is funny, I asked you a straight up question, no snark, "what are the time limits and what should the consequences be".....and you respond with total snark.....topped off with an accusation that "you guys are so wishy washy that you will justify anything".

Not only have I not justified a thing, I can't get you or any other "badass" in this thread to commit to stating what the President SHOULD do. Only the lady has actually committed to a position (non-intervention) while you guys puff and whine about lines while you bring up past failures of not being sure about WMD's but take action anyway.

Obama is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with you guys.....so it doesn't really matter what he does.

PS...i voted for Hillary in the primaries.
Thats what makes you a true believer. You are cause and party driven...not individual driven.

See...the problem with DRAWING a line is you have to STAND by the line. Its hilarious thatyour boy drew the line and you want OTHERS to define what it should mean and when it should be enacted. When...well...lets see...Obamas line was drawn last year. What did he do back in March of 2013? Nothing? So apparently... the line is more of a "meh" and the response is "whatever".

The line isnt so much a 'line' as a 'stripe.' A yellow one.

I suspect that we will do the ususal "shock and awe" routine (blow up stuff for 3 to 4 days) claiming to have "surgically removed" important strategic targets identified by intelligence assets but, of course, also claiming to have inflicted "very limitted" collateral damage. After that will be the return to "carefully examining the situation on the ground" just as we have been doing for years. ;)
I did not ask what you read, interpreted and spun, I asked what time limits are you setting......and what will satisfy you as far as "consequences"?

Try again, artful dodger.

Thats what makes you a true believer. You are cause and party driven...not individual driven.

See...the problem with DRAWING a line is you have to STAND by the line. Its hilarious thatyour boy drew the line and you want OTHERS to define what it should mean and when it should be enacted. When...well...lets see...Obamas line was drawn last year. What did he do back in March of 2013? Nothing? So apparently... the line is more of a "meh" and the response is "whatever".

The line isnt so much a 'line' as a 'stripe.' A yellow one.
My "boy". Gosh, the racially tinged rhetoric is just thick in this thread while you continue to dance around the question:
what time limits are you setting......and what will satisfy you as far as "consequences"?

My "boy". Gosh, the racially tinged rhetoric is just thick in this thread while you continue to dance around the question:
what time limits are you setting......and what will satisfy you as far as "consequences"?
:lamo You played the 'race card!' How ****ing pathetic!!! :lamo

:lamo You played the 'race card! How ****ing pathetic!!! :lamo
I played it? Really? I pointed out your playing it....while you still dance away from the question at hand!

What is going to be the next rhetorical dance step?

:lamo You played the 'race card!' How ****ing pathetic!!! :lamo

That one has anger issues and is just trolling for an argument. Look at all the snarky, condescending comments in every post. I had to dismiss him. Too one dimensional and about as deep as a birdbath.

I did not ask what you read, interpreted and spun, I asked what time limits are you setting......and what will satisfy you as far as "consequences"?

Try again, artful dodger.

What would satisfy me is for the US and NATO to say that if the Arab League does not keep its member states in line than any spill over of violence/refugees into NATO nations or other US allied nations (e.g. Israel) will result in the total elimination of the responsible nation state's military capability and infrastructure, any oil (or other valuable resources) will then be controlled by NATOPEC to recover the cost of allied military operations. If a true Jihad is wanted then, reluctantly yet surely, the first target will be Mecca. This is what I propose is war on Islamic extremist terror 2.0 and let the "good Muslims" deal with the situation as they should; the Arab League nations are quite rich (collectively) and have the means, but they simply refuse to take any responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom