• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will obama call it quits before 2012

country

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Peter Ferrera of the American Spectator predicts obama will call it quits before 2012. President of the U.S. not a slam dunk he thought? Wouldn't surprise me a bit. He is too thin skinned and inexperienced for such a demanding job.

Peter Ferrera of the American Spectator predicts obama will call it quits before 2012. President of the U.S. not a slam dunk he thought? Wouldn't surprise me a bit. He is too thin skinned and inexperienced for such a demanding job.

Wait, Sarah Palin is President?

Peter Ferrera of the American Spectator predicts obama will call it quits before 2012. .

Well I guess if Peter Ferrera predicts it, then it has to happen :roll:

I wish there was a gambling house I could go and make bets with conservatives on wild speculation like this. I'd be rich.

Too thin skinned? You need to stop believing your own talking points.

Not a chance, he believes that the majority of America thinks like McCartney and that it is only the Right wing Media that portrays him as the idiotic bumbling fool he actually is.

When you check out Peter Ferrara on SourceWatch, one name jumps out: Jack Abramoff.

Pundit Payola

Peter Ferrara, a "senior policy adviser" at the conservative Institute for Policy Innovation, admitted that he "took money" from Jack Abramoff "to write op-ed pieces boosting the lobbyist's clients. 'I do that all the time,' Ferrara [said]. 'I've done that in the past, and I'll do it in the future'," Eamon Javers reported December 16, 2005, in Business Week. Ferrara said "he doesn't see a conflict of interest in taking undisclosed money to write op-ed pieces because his columns never violated his ideological principles."

"Ferrara wouldn't say which publications have published pieces for which Abramoff paid him," Javers wrote. "But a review of his work shows that he wrote articles for The Washington Times that were favorable to the Choctaw Indians and the Mariana Islands. He also wrote a 1998 book called The Choctaw Revolution: Lessons for Federal Indian Policy. Ferrara says the tribe paid him directly for his work on the book, which was published by the Americans for Tax Reform Foundation and is still available for sale on Amazon.com."

For background, see the Abramoff-Reed Indian Gambling Scandal.

Though Ferrara's academic credentials are impressive, his career is not. He moved around quite a bit until he finally settled into being a paid hack--working for important-sounding conservative front groups(think tanks), writing important sounding-conservative policy papers and then taking money to write Op-Ed pieces. Seems like a waste of a Harvard education--instead of making a real contribution, he just takes money to write what people tell him.

When you check out Peter Ferrara on SourceWatch, one name jumps out: Jack Abramoff.

Though Ferrara's academic credentials are impressive, his career is not. He moved around quite a bit until he finally settled into being a paid hack--working for important-sounding conservative front groups(think tanks), writing important sounding-conservative policy papers and then taking money to write Op-Ed pieces. Seems like a waste of a Harvard education--instead of making a real contribution, he just takes money to write what people tell him.

Were you this critical of obamas' friends and associates? I'll bet you didn't bat an eye when you learned of rev wright, or w.Ayres, or b Dornan, or maybe you were too involved with american idol and dancing with the stars to pay attention to who this clown running on the dem ticket was.
Suddenly, when the tables are turned guilt by association matters.

I don't think he will call it quits, but I don't thinkhe will get re-elected. Obama is very concerned about his image, that is why the only track record he holds is one of caution and hesitation. Neither of those are neccesarily bad, but sometimes a president needs to act.
I still don't know how we aren't fighting Islamic extremists though; would someone explain that to me? If I saw a Christian blow up an abortion clinic, I would call him a Christian extremist; I would condemn him but not Christianity. Why won't this administration call Islamic extremists what they are?

I don't think he will call it quits, but I don't thinkhe will get re-elected. Obama is very concerned about his image, that is why the only track record he holds is one of caution and hesitation. Neither of those are neccesarily bad, but sometimes a president needs to act.
I still don't know how we aren't fighting Islamic extremists though; would someone explain that to me? If I saw a Christian blow up an abortion clinic, I would call him a Christian extremist; I would condemn him but not Christianity. Why won't this administration call Islamic extremists what they are?

No matter what he says or does, Obama's opposition finds some kind of exaggerated fault with it. The media prints it, commentators exploit it, and his Congress won't back him up. Three strikes and he should be out, but he's too stubborn to admit it.

ricksfolly

No matter what he says or does, Obama's opposition finds some kind of exaggerated fault with it. The media prints it, commentators exploit it, and his Congress won't back him up. Three strikes and he should be out, but he's too stubborn to admit it.

ricksfolly

That darn liberal media!

I personally think this thread is too mean spirited and doesn't take into account all of the hope that Obama has given to us to fight for the working man, to fight for healthcare and to fight the FAT CATS on Wallstreet that continue to bring this country down. Yes, he may be inexperienced and only fit for a Harvard library pondering theory, but that isn't to say that he isn't a nice guy and doesn't CARE about you and me!

I personally think this thread is too mean spirited and doesn't take into account all of the hope that Obama has given to us to fight for the working man, to fight for healthcare and to fight the FAT CATS on Wallstreet that continue to bring this country down. Yes, he may be inexperienced and only fit for a Harvard library pondering theory, but that isn't to say that he isn't a nice guy and doesn't CARE about you and me!

Hate to say it, but Digbe was a much better faux liberal. Your posts are way too sarcastic and transparent.

My neighbor is a nice guy and will do anything for almost anyone, but he is not qualified to president.
If you call fighting for the working man by taking my tax money and giving it to someone else who doesn't make as much as I do admirable, then we cannot agree.

I hope he does for all our sakes.

His suggestion is far from realistic, but your post is almost as bad regarding the academic community.

He might quit early this term to garner up conservative votes in 2012. Seems like it could be working for Palin, lol.

How did you do that? I tried to post a short comment and it was blocked. Has to have at least 10 words.

The requirement is 10 characters, not 10 words. And to get around that many people just write (10char) to make their statement long enough for the requirement.

Hate to say it, but Digbe was a much better faux liberal. Your posts are way too sarcastic and transparent.

Well I'm practicing...still trying to figure out how to filibuster for 20 paragraphs. Blaming the FAT CATS just has so much appeal though even to a hard nose conservative like me.

Back
Top Bottom