• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Obama be re-elected?

Will Obama be re-elected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sure thing dude - you would never know it by the decisions they render.;)

I'm sure you can give a long list of such "Republican" decisions and the exact makeup of the majorties in those decisions, right?

If the right person asked I just might.

But you ain't it.

And never will be again.

If the right person asked I just might.

But you ain't it.

And never will be again.

That would be far more convincing if you weren't following me around biting my ankles.

But if you don't have the goods to back up what you say, that's fine.

Doesn't this question hugely depend on who he will be running against? If it's another old white guy who is a) fundamentalist, b) militaristic, or c) obviously in bed with big business, he probably will. Or an insane person like Palin or O'Donnell. Of course, find me a Republican leader who isn't one of those...

Last edited:
The Obama reelection will come down to three things

1- what happens over the next two years both with the economy and with Congress especially the GOP.
2- who is the opponent?
3- will the tea party become the Tea Party?

As to the continued attacks on me - You seem to be a legend in your own mind Harshaw. And with followers like Whovian maybe you need to order the T-shirts with your pic on them.

As for me, I learn my lessons well. Don't trust people who screw with you, lie to you, mislead you and generally attempt to use you like toilet paper.

Fight them. Expose them. Show them for who and what they are. But once you see the monster behind the mask they wear, never forget who and what you are dealing with.

Last edited:
I say yes. As long as the media including Fox news keeps trying to prop up Palin Obama will have a 2nd term.

There will be a full field, and she will shape the debate on Tea Party lines; which should help nominate a non-RINO. If she wins the nomination, she'll shred Obama. She's a bare knuckle fighter, and Obama is severely damaged goods. His BS and Baloney Tour won't fly except for with the Kool-Aiders. The swing voters swung because Obama was a bait-and-switch candidate.

This opposition to Palin all sounds so Reagan-like. My bet is she is looking to, setting up for 2020.

I like Christie, but my bet is he's staying put in NJ. He'd make a great VP should he not run.

Last edited:
There will be a full field, and she will shape the debate on Tea Party lines; which should help nominate a non-RINO.

Hopefully they are successful in nominating a non-RINO

If she wins the nomination, she'll shred Obama. She's a bare knuckle fighter, and Obama is severely damaged goods. His BS and Baloney Tour won't fly except for with the Kool-Aiders. The swing voters swung because Obama was a bait-and-switch candidate.

They will tear her a new asshole in the polls. If Palin did not quit being governor of Alaska, did not flip on Abortion or the so called bridge to nowhere then she would possibly have 2012 in the bag. The republican candidates might nail her on just the Abortion and bridge to nowhere thing during the primaries. But the democrats are going to use Palin quitting Governor of Alaska like they got a gay love affair sex tape of a conservative republican. They will run ads that Obama will not run away, Obama will not quit on you, how can you trust Palin to stick through the hard times if she can not handle people saying mean things about her family, Will Palin quit if someone attacks us?, or Obama will not quit just so he can dick ride a so-called new political movement and money.

Last edited:
While I am almost certain Sarah Palin or the like will be the GOP nominee there are a few things Obama will have going for him, and from a PSci stance you can understand why he didn't support the DNC as much in 2010.

-Historically to my knowledge a wartime President has never lost
-To my knowledge when a president creates sweeping plans (such as GWB did) that will have to take 2 full terms, people will tend to vote to keep them to see what happens
-The younger voters will come out in droves during presidential elections, specifically the minority crowd, women, etc to keep Obama in especially if he explains more thoroughly what he has done for them.
-The GOP could surprise me, but I reckon the next two years will be a total tear down of any work Obama has done or at least they will try to. Mitch McConnell said very honestly and best, "The GOP's #1 priority is to destroy Obama". **** like that will be repeated over and over by the democrats to prove the point that the GOP could give two ****s that people are suffering. Any seats up for grabs in 2012 besides presidents will be swept up by quite a few democrats, and the house will likely split more evenly, and the senate will be massively controlled by Democrats.

Historically my points are incredibly hard to argue against. These kind of things worked in GWB's favor ten-fold and if Palin were to be the nominee then it might as well just be guaranteed to Obama.

Yes Unless the right pulls someone of worth out of their ass or a strong 3rd party that is centrist rises up.

While I am almost certain Sarah Palin or the like will be the GOP nominee
1. I don't think so; if she runs she's setting the stage for 2020, just as Obi was really setting himself up for later on.

there are a few things Obama will have going for him
2. Yeah... all the hard core leftists. That's about it. He's lost the swing voters. They've been fooled once badly. It'll be an ABO election in the minds of many... Anyone But Obama.

-Historically to my knowledge a wartime President has never lost
3. LBJ quit. Obi will be the first.
There may be wars going on but everyone knows he's hostile to the military. He won't mention the wars because it opens things like Gitmo and trials of terroristas in civilian court... and we just saw how badly that went.

-To my knowledge when a president creates sweeping plans (such as GWB did) that will have to take 2 full terms, people will tend to vote to keep them to see what happens
4. He did not run on those, and people want him to go in another direction. That's what the election shellacking was about. Stop Obama Now.

-The younger voters will come out in droves during presidential elections, specifically the minority crowd, women, etc to keep Obama in especially if he explains more thoroughly what he has done for them.
The youth vote is always over-calculated. He has lost women in droves. His slick no-noting speeches will be just that the second time around.

-The GOP could surprise me, but I reckon the next two years will be a total tear down of any work Obama has done or at least they will try to. Mitch McConnell said very honestly and best, "The GOP's #1 priority is to destroy Obama".
Mitch said they wanted to defeat Obama, not destroy Obama. I hope they do the latter though.

**** like that will be repeated over and over by the democrats to prove the point that the GOP could give two ****s that people are suffering.
The point is, Obama has failed. He's thrown trillions at problems, expanded government and the problems have gotten bigger. The solution is the free market and a whole lot less class warfare rhetoric. Neither of which are Obama's strong suit.

Any seats up for grabs in 2012 besides presidents will be swept up by quite a few democrats, and the house will likely split more evenly, and the senate will be massively controlled by Democrats.
ROTFLOL... Dems are petrified... and with good reason. It's why they're running from Obi on raising taxes.

Historically my points are incredibly hard to argue against.
I just laid them all to waste. They're hollow, because the man at the helm is hollow, is a radikal, and Americans are fed up. They were lied to. Red-Sate, Blue-State... only the United States... ROTFLOL... the biggest BS line of all. He's a partisan hack... and we all know it now. What this this post-partisan call republicans during the midterms?... "enemies...

Obama's political landscape is like British Columbia after 10-weeks of extreme drought... a tinderbox... and Republicans are going to set it ablaze. Some Dems have... hell... Carville said the other day that if Hillary loaned Obama a testicle, both would have one! That's a Dem saying that.

These kind of things worked in GWB's favor ten-fold and if Palin were to be the nominee then it might as well just be guaranteed to Obama.
GWB actually told people what he wanted to do. He was honest about it. Obama was anything but honest... and the midterms reflected that reality.

PS. You might want to change your lean to "Very Liberal".

Last edited:
1. I don't think so; if she runs she's setting the stage for 2020, just as Obi was really setting himself up for later on.

2. Yeah... all the hard core leftists. That's about it. He's lost the swing voters. They've been fooled once badly. It'll be an ABO election in the minds of many... Anyone But Obama.

3. LBJ quit. Obi will be the first.
There may be wars going on but everyone knows he's hostile to the military. He won't mention the wars because it opens things like Gitmo and trials of terroristas in civilian court... and we just saw how badly that went.

4. He did not run on those, and people want him to go in another direction. That's what the election shellacking was about. Stop Obama Now.

The youth vote is always over-calculated. He has lost women in droves. His slick no-noting speeches will be just that the second time around.

Mitch said they wanted to defeat Obama, not destroy Obama. I hope they do the latter though.

The point is, Obama has failed. He's thrown trillions at problems, expanded government and the problems have gotten bigger. The solution is the free market and a whole lot less class warfare rhetoric. Neither of which are Obama's strong suit.

ROTFLOL... Dems are petrified... and with good reason. It's why they're running from Obi on raising taxes.

I just laid them all to waste. They're hollow, because the man at the helm is hollow, is a radikal, and Americans are fed up. They were lied to. Red-Sate, Blue-State... only the United States... ROTFLOL... the biggest BS line of all. He's a partisan hack... and we all know it now. What this this post-partisan call republicans during the midterms?... "enemies...

Obama's political landscape is like British Columbia after 10-weeks of extreme drought... a tinderbox... and Republicans are going to set it ablaze. Some Dems have... hell... Carville said the other day that if Hillary loaned Obama a testicle, both would have one! That's a Dem saying that.

GWB actually told people what he wanted to do. He was honest about it. Obama was anything but honest... and the midterms reflected that reality.

PS. You might want to change your lean to "Very Liberal".

Laid them to waste? All you said is "it will be different time cuz I said so because I think Obama is a bad president". Good job thinking you did though.

Laid them to waste? All you said is "it will be different time cuz I said so because I think Obama is a bad president". Good job thinking you did though.

I gave rational reasons why the two norms you apply don't apply to Obama, and I correct your false perceptions such as:

1. Obama will appeal to women; he's losing them in droves,
The rightward shift of women voters would be particularly notable: Women haven't sided with Republicans in House races since exit polling began in 1982.
http://www.examiner.com/populist-in-national/key-groups-abandon-obama

Same for the weak youth vote:
Fewer Young Voters See Themselves as Democrats
By KIRK JOHNSON
Published: September 2, 2010
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/03/us/politics/03students.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

2. big programs will carry him (that's what people are puking about),

3. your misquote of Mitch,
"Over the past week, some have said it was indelicate of me to suggest that our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term in office," McConnell said, NPR reported. "But the fact is, if our primary legislative goals are to repeal and replace the health spending bill; to end the bailouts; cut spending; and shrink the size and scope of government, the only way to do all these things it is to put someone in the White House who won't veto any of these things. We can hope the president will start listening to the electorate after Tuesday's election. But we can't plan on it."

4. the youth vote is over-calculated,
It is and now it seems to be swinging to the right! (see above) Beware of what you wish for!!!

5. and what worked for Bush is people believed he said what he meant about taking on terrorists. Kerry wasn't much of an option considering his history.

Add to that your house and senate predictions are utterly hilarious.

First Obama has to appeal to those in his own party...

Last edited:
For myself, I would say it is quite likely he would be re-elected. It is mostly a game of the Republican party being able to come up with a platform that is very coherent and led by a candidate that has that "it" factor. Not only that, but the President may need a significantly lower approval rating and continued and new policy foul-ups that are impressive.

I, myself, have felt quite isolated from the Democratic Party, but I think it is safe to say that at the moment, President Obama still holds that chair, even though Republicans and conservatives have dominated the airwaves since the passage of the Healthcare reform.

Given as the Republican Party has no one face to challenge Obama (it has faces, but the narrative is not consistent enough yet), declaring anything to the contrary of favoritism towards the incumbent is being quite optimistic.

Last edited:
I gave rational reasons why the two norms you apply don't apply to Obama, and I correct your false perceptions such as:

1. Obama will appeal to women; he's losing them in droves,

Same for the weak youth vote:

2. big programs will carry him (that's what people are puking about),

3. your misquote of Mitch,

4. the youth vote is over-calculated,
It is and now it seems to be swinging to the right! (see above) Beware of what you wish for!!!

5. and what worked for Bush is people believed he said what he meant about taking on terrorists. Kerry wasn't much of an option considering his history.

Add to that your house and senate predictions are utterly hilarious.

First Obama has to appeal to those in his own party...

Alright then if you were to give a percentage of how sure you were that Obama couldn't get re-elected what would you give it?

Alright then if you were to give a percentage of how sure you were that Obama couldn't get re-elected what would you give it?

About 20%; if that. He's lost the center, he is losing Dems, and as Carville says if Hillary gave Obama one of her balls, Obama'd have a pair.

He has a very poor record to defend, and the hollow rhetoric that worked last time isn't going to have any effect this time.

The midterms illustrated how pissed off the electorate is, and make no mistake, that election was largely pointed at him. It began with Brown taking the Kennedy seat, and hasn't waned, nor will it. The job isn't done until his ass is out of office.

People are tired of his droning, whining, pointing fingers at others and assaulting the private sector. He wanted the job, so he should man up... but it's too late for that. As the Finns say, "when the **** is in the pants, it's too late."

It's too late for Obama, the damage is done. He revealed what type of ass he is; from Day 1 with "You can't listen to Rush Limbaugh, the Cambridge Cops, bribes for ObamaKare, his ineptitude during the Gulf Oil Spill, and Republicans as "enemies"... for a short list.

James Carville Isn’t Sorry He Joked President Obama Is Missing A ‘Ball’
Carville: Obama needs a pair - PATRICK GAVIN | POLITICO CLICK

Last edited:
About 20%; if that. He's lost the center, he is losing Dems, and as Carville says if Hillary gave Obama one of her balls, Obama'd have a pair.

He has a very poor record to defend, and the hollow rhetoric that worked last time isn't going to have any effect this time.

The midterms illustrated how pissed off the electorate is, and make no mistake, that election was largely pointed at him. It began with Brown taking the Kennedy seat, and hasn't waned, nor will it. The job isn't done until his ass is out of office.

People are tired of his droning, whining, pointing fingers at others and assaulting the private sector. He wanted the job, so he should man up... but it's too late for that. As the Finns say, "when the **** is in the pants, it's too late."

It's too late for Obama, the damage is done. He revealed what type of ass he is; from Day 1 with "You can't listen to Rush Limbaugh, the Cambridge Cops, bribes for ObamaKare, his ineptitude during the Gulf Oil Spill, and Republicans as "enemies"... for a short list.

James Carville Isn’t Sorry He Joked President Obama Is Missing A ‘Ball’
Carville: Obama needs a pair - PATRICK GAVIN | POLITICO CLICK

So just to make sure I got what you are saying he has 20% chance?

So just to make sure I got what you are saying he has 20% chance?

Yeah his chances are about 20%. He's lost the center, he's lost women, and he's deaf.

Just listen to him and Pelosi. They think it was a problem of messaging. LOL... wrong. Their message was loud and clear and Americans didn't like it.

He can try to hit the reset button, but the damage is done. He is not who he proclaimed himself to be, and people don't like the "change" he has brought. You can't repackage a smelly dung sandwich and say it's fresh roast beef, not after the electorate has been force fed dung for a couple years. They know the smell and the deliveryman.

Last edited:
I voted "no" in the poll and actually would have checked off "God I hope not" had it been an option.

Yeah his chances are about 20%. He's lost the center, he's lost women, and he's deaf.

Just listen to him and Pelosi. They think it was a problem of messaging. LOL... wrong. Their message was loud and clear and Americans didn't like it.

He can try to hit the reset button, but the damage is done. He is not who he proclaimed himself to be, and people don't like the "change" he has brought. You can't repackage a smelly dung sandwich and say it's fresh roast beef, not after the electorate has been force fed dung for a couple years. They know the smell and the deliveryman.

Well I will remember that. See you here in 2 years admitting how incredibly wrong you are.

"Change" elections are rarely allowed a second term, largely because the elite already gave the people enough of a taste to stop mass rebellion, but also because no substantial change ever results.

Back
Top Bottom