• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Obama be re-elected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Yes?
No?

First of course he has to win his party's nomination should he be challenged.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell this far out, almost anything could happen in the next two years and it depends on who he has to run against. Personally, I hope he isn't, but that would mean the Republicans would have to put someone up who was actually worth voting for and that hasn't happened recently.

The Republicans blew all their political capital on the midterms. Now they are seen as the party in power, and in two years when things haven't improved they will get the blame. They basically handed Obama the next election on a silver platter. Unless Hillary challenges him, of course. But either way, we're looking at a Democratic president for the next six years at least.

and that is the bigee. everyone is saying that the Pubs don't have anyone to run against him. He still has to win the Dem nomination. I fully expect Hillary to run again and, after the broken promises and lack of any real hope or change, I can see many Democrats voting for Clinton over Obama. He won't benefit from the "first black president" hype voters this go around and Hillary may pick up some "first female president" voters.

2010 election was the people saying they did not want Obama agenda. The same will happen in 2012

2010 election was the people saying they did not want Obama agenda. The same will happen in 2012

Yeah, because everybody knows politics doesn't go in cycles :roll:

If enough jobs come back by then it's very likely. If not, he's toast.

The Republicans blew all their political capital on the midterms. Now they are seen as the party in power, and in two years when things haven't improved they will get the blame. .

and that just shows how stupid people really are. the democrats still control the senate and the WH yet people will cry "the republicans are the party in power" and blame all the failings and lack of progress on them.

and that just shows how stupid people really are. the democrats still control the senate and the WH yet people will cry "the republicans are the party in power" and blame all the failings and lack of progress on them.

I don't disagree with that statement. But facts are facts, and everybody knows that is how politics works. The Republicans should have bided their time, and come back strong in 2012. But they weren't patient enough, and so they ended up with a Pyrrhic victory in the midterm election.

I don't disagree with that statement. But facts are facts, and everybody knows that is how politics works. The Republicans should have bided their time, and come back strong in 2012. But they weren't patient enough, and so they ended up with a Pyrrhic victory in the midterm election.

Plus Obama will get to do what every president this century who lost congress in the midterms and gone on to win a second term has done: run against congress.

History has shown that when a first term President's party loses big in midterms they usually get re-elected.

Plus Obama will get to do what every president this century who lost congress in the midterms and gone on to win a second term has done: run against congress.

Very true. Boehner is the new Nacy Pelosi, not just because he's the speaker but also the lightning rod for criticism.

Ah, but where do economic bills originate? ;)

The problem with Obama is he has a record he cannot run away from this time.

Hope, Change, The One We Have Been Waiting for, and Yes We can just won't cut it this time, and his litany of broken promises and shady deals to shove trillions in debt down our and future generatins throats will not be soon forgotten. He and his journOlists fooled 'em once, it's not going to happen a second time.

History has shown that when a first term President's party loses big in midterms they usually get re-elected.

Usually yes, but this is not the usual environment, and we could also look to history and say Democrats are 1-termers, with the exception of The Clintons.

Last edited:

Yes?
No?

I say yes. As long as the media including Fox news keeps trying to prop up Palin Obama will have a 2nd term.

Ah, but where do economic bills originate? ;)

If there is gridlock it's because neither party is willing to work with the other. The Republicans control the House and the SCOTUS, the Democrats control the Senate and the Presidency. That means they both share blame. It is stupid to hold just one party accountable.

The Republicans blew all their political capital on the midterms. Now they are seen as the party in power, and in two years when things haven't improved they will get the blame. They basically handed Obama the next election on a silver platter. Unless Hillary challenges him, of course. But either way, we're looking at a Democratic president for the next six years at least.
Who sees them as "the party in power"? They control half of Congress - that is it?? I think many see them as being on the upward end of a momentum shift; but how could anyone with intelligence believe that Republicans are now "in power"? :shrug:

But I thought the Republicans won the election decisively... :lol:

It's hard to tell this far out, almost anything could happen in the next two years and it depends on who he has to run against. Personally, I hope he isn't, but that would mean the Republicans would have to put someone up who was actually worth voting for and that hasn't happened recently.

What these guys said.

ah, but who has the final approval authority?

This is true. Forgive me if I have little faith in the party of hell no working with him. I also have little faith that Obama will have the cojones to endure a standoff with them though. Ultimately, the buck stops at the White House. (Unless it was the Reagan administration or Bush43's last two years. :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom