• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Nikki Haley be Trump's VP pick?

Will Trump dump Pence?

• Nope. Trump/Pence 2020

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Yup. Trump/Haley 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Carolina

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Rumors are circulating that Trump intends on dumping Pence for Nikki Haley and plans on announcing at the RNC. I find it unlikely but certain personalities are sure its going to happen.

Think it'll happen?

I hear it will be Hillary.

Both Pence and Haley are scheduled speakers so it would come as quite a surprise to Mike Pence to be dis-invited.

I have no idea but I could see Trump thinking he needs to match up Harris with his own female and he can easily just tell everyone that Pence failed on the Covid thing so he needs to step away.

Now that would obviously be a huge FU to Pence and in a normal world with a stable person I'd say no. But we've been far from normal since the creation of alternative facts, so idk. :shrug:

I will say if Trump pulls that, I'd feel kind of bad for Pence because he's been a pretty loyal lap dog to even stand next to a man who has no morals.

Got any evidence aside from fever dreams?

Both Pence and Haley are scheduled speakers so it would come as quite a surprise to Mike Pence to be dis-invited.

Unless he announces that he is leaving the ticket and throwing his full support behind Trump/Haley. I'm sure if he WAS leaving the ticket it would be explained as a personal choice to focus on something else, and how he had closely worked with Trump to select Haley, blah blah blah.

Unless he announces that he is leaving the ticket and throwing his full support behind Trump/Haley. I'm sure if he WAS leaving the ticket it would be explained as a personal choice to focus on something else, and how he had closely worked with Trump to select Haley, blah blah blah.

That's true, Mike Pence could be biting the bullet and handing over the title to Nicki Haley. She's a much better spokesperson than he could ever be. Winning at any cost is the objective here so there may be a few people walking away with a knife sticking out of their back. 'take one for the gipper'

That's true, Mike Pence could be biting the bullet and handing over the title to Nicki Haley. She's a much better spokesperson than he could ever be. Winning at any cost is the objective here so there may be a few people walking away with a knife sticking out of their back. 'take one for the gipper'

So let's think who we're talking about here.

DJT. The guy who puts ratings above damn near everything. Or maybe it's truly everything.

If somebody whispered in his ear that everybody under the sun would be watching an earth shattering event if he let it slip out within 12 hours of the actual air time there could be some news no one would be expecting? I'd go with an over 50% chance he'd do it if he thought it got him the second term. Pence is disposable if Trump thinks the majority of his base would just chalk it up to another Jeff Sessions toss under the bus. Trump says Pence was dragging him down those people would be there with the giant scissors to cut the rope.

The more i think about it, I could see it. :doh

i find it very unlikely that he will dump Renfield. he punishes the slightest disloyalty, and that hasn't happened as far as i've seen.

Rumors are circulating that Trump intends on dumping Pence for Nikki Haley and plans on announcing at the RNC. I find it unlikely but certain personalities are sure its going to happen.

Think it'll happen?

Nikki Haley is not going to book passage on the Titanic. I'm surprise she is even willing to be associated with the convention. I thought she had political ambitions of her own.

Haley will not be Trump's VP, nor the nominee in 2024 either.

Truthfully, she has no future in Trump's GOP. Not radical enough.

Think it'll happen?

No way.
The Trump re-election campaign is already trying to sell me Trump-Pence campaign regalia.
It wouldn't be cost-effective to have to manufacture new Trump-Haley campaign stuff.
Of course, the merchandise was probably made in China, so replacement costs might be negligible.
Trump could also use a sharpie to cross out Pence's name and write in Haley's name.
Hope he spells Haley correctly.

Back
Top Bottom