• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Michelle Obama be the Democratic Candidate for President in 2020?

Will Michelle Obama be the Democratic Candidate for President in 2020?

• Likely yes and win the Democratic nomination

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • She might run but will drop out for lack of support

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Not sure, but she may run for Senate somewhere

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Unlikely she will run for president

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Depends how her tour with Oprah goes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Likely unless Oprah runs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, she won't run for president

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From the start, it has been my opinion that other than possibly Oprah, Michelle Obama would be virtually unstoppable in a candidacy for president. With her and Oprah joining forces on a tour that basically is a political tour with no declaration of candidacy make Michelle Obama likely unstoppable. She's blow past Hilary like she wasn't even there. Who would stop her? Old white guy Joe Biden? Even older white guy Bernie? Angry old white woman Elizabeth Warren? Sparticus?

My prediction is that Michelle Obama will be on the ballot for something in 2020 and very possibly president, unless God changes His mind again and tells Oprah to run.

From the start, it has been my opinion that other than possibly Oprah, Michelle Obama would be virtually unstoppable in a candidacy for president. With her and Oprah joining forces on a tour that basically is a political tour with no declaration of candidacy make Michelle Obama likely unstoppable. She's blow past Hilary like she wasn't even there. Who would stop her? Old white guy Joe Biden? Even older white guy Bernie? Angry old white woman Elizabeth Warren? Sparticus?

My prediction is that Michelle Obama will be on the ballot for something in 2020 and very possibly president, unless God changes His mind again and tells Oprah to run.

They are getting pretty desperate. I wouldn't be suprised if the democratic nominee is Jim Acosta.

I think it is very unlikely that either Michelle Obama or Oprah run for president.

Obama has been very very very very clear that she has no interest,

What is it gonna take?

So far, the success rate for Presidential spouses attaining their husband's former office is pretty dismal. I think Michelle should take notice.

But I think she would make a great Senator! :thumbs:

If she does run and let's be generous, saying that Oprah runs as well. I can only imagine the horrible dirt that will come to light about them in the upcoming year.

Doubt it, she seems quite happy to be out of the WH

I tend to cringe when I hear whispers of establishment Dems being pushed by media pundits, but this one's out of left field for me, and I'm not really concerned that this is actually a thing. Also, one of those old white guys is probably the most popular politician in the country. He also polled better against Trump, but pundits chose to ignore that in favor of focusing on their narrative of what constitutes as electability.

NO.

Many people (including many Democrats) do not like her.

If she does run and let's be generous, saying that Oprah runs as well. I can only imagine the horrible dirt that will come to light about them in the upcoming year.

Michelle Obama is not going to run, but I can't imagine Michelle Obama has any "horrible dirt". I would imagine she is about as clean as Laura Bush.

Well that would ruin Obama's position of being the dynasty disruptor:

George H. W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barrack Obama

Dynasty buster:

Trump vs. Hillary Clinton

No chance.

NO.

Many people (including many Democrats) do not like her.

Well, TheParser, could that not be be said of any major figure in the Democratic Party?

Michelle Obama is not going to run, but I can't imagine Michelle Obama has any "horrible dirt". I would imagine she is about as clean as Laura Bush.

Any dirt on her would have been exposed during the 10 years Obama was either running for office or in office.

As for Oprah, she has been in the public life for decades, with nearly everything that she has done, both in public life and private life exposed. All of her charities have been looked at, her personal relationships. I doubt much more is left secret

I agree with you. I think they are already grooming her for a run. I don't know what the result will be, but Michelle already ticks most the main boxes in the desired identity/symbolism politics platform for Democrats. The thought of Michelle, Hillary, Warren, Harris and Booker all in a primary trying to out minority each other would be very entertaining. Even nicer would be watching Michelle decimate Hillary and putting the final nail in that long overdue political coffin.

If they can get Michelle forward (as he nominee) I think she will be a good candidate for the national election. Have no idea if she would win, but she surely might given how the last election went (I didn't expect Trump to win the nomination much less the election).

I think Michelle is happy to be out of the daily fishbowl. She has stated she has no interest and, unlike others, she has not cultivated a reputation for public falsehoods.

Americans (and other citizens in western democracies) should stop looking for political messiahs. They are out there, but will eventually disappoint.

It's time for--we, the people--to take on the responsibility of governance.

She will not run for a president or senator in the soon future. The silent majority that votes in 2016 election for president Trump will vote again for him in case Michael Obama or Oprah Winfrey decided to go for it.

I think it's utterly pathetic that Dems are so desperate for a good candidate that they entertain people like Michelle Obama. Oprah and Avenatti.

So far, the success rate for Presidential spouses attaining their husband's former office is pretty dismal. I think Michelle should take notice.

But I think she would make a great Senator! :thumbs:

I think she'd have support. But no- no more family dynasties in the WH!

If I recall she has said before that she has no inclination to run for or be President. So I doubt that she will run.

I think it's utterly pathetic that Dems are so desperate for a good candidate that they entertain people like Michelle Obama. Oprah and Avenatti.

I don't really see many people at all saying they want any of those people, though.

Back
Top Bottom