• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Michelle Obama be the Democratic Candidate for President in 2020?

Will Michelle Obama be the Democratic Candidate for President in 2020?

• Likely yes and win the Democratic nomination

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • She might run but will drop out for lack of support

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Not sure, but she may run for Senate somewhere

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Unlikely she will run for president

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Depends how her tour with Oprah goes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Likely unless Oprah runs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, she won't run for president

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters
As for Oprah, she has been in the public life for decades, with nearly everything that she has done, both in public life and private life exposed. All of her charities have been looked at, her personal relationships. I doubt much more is left secret

I don't know about that. One could have said the same thing about Trump.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don't really see many people at all saying they want any of those people, though.

I think there is plenty of support because the progressives love to check boxes in their "intersectional" world.

From the start, it has been my opinion that other than possibly Oprah, Michelle Obama would be virtually unstoppable in a candidacy for president. With her and Oprah joining forces on a tour that basically is a political tour with no declaration of candidacy make Michelle Obama likely unstoppable. She's blow past Hilary like she wasn't even there. Who would stop her? Old white guy Joe Biden? Even older white guy Bernie? Angry old white woman Elizabeth Warren? Sparticus?

My prediction is that Michelle Obama will be on the ballot for something in 2020 and very possibly president, unless God changes His mind again and tells Oprah to run.

I don't think she has the personal fortitude to go back to the WH.
From what I gathered she didn't like being in the public spotlight.

So I vote NO.

Oprah by her side gives her what no other Democratic candidate has - the ability to draw a crowd. The 2 are a powerful combination. The tour will reveal whether Michelle Obama has the ability to be likable and learn now to make a sincere smile. The idea, of course, is to make it appear that people are begging her to run for which then she must accept for the good of the country or something like that if the tour is working well for her. If the tour is a bust then so is she.

In my opinion, Oprah going on tour with her is a massive advantage in running Michelle Obama up the public political flag pole and see how many and who salutes - specifically meaning crowd size and the attitude the press and media takes. Will she become the next Democratic media darling? Or will they ignore her?

I think she'd have support. But no- no more family dynasties in the WH!
I dunno. As great as she is, I think she'd be seen as riding her husband's coat-tails, rather than standing on her own. But I think she would be a better and more charismatic candidate than HRC, though that's not saying much!

Oprah by her side gives her what no other Democratic candidate has - the ability to draw a crowd. The 2 are a powerful combination. The tour will reveal whether Michelle Obama has the ability to be likable and learn now to make a sincere smile. The idea, of course, is to make it appear that people are begging her to run for which then she must accept for the good of the country or something like that if the tour is working well for her. If the tour is a bust then so is she.

In my opinion, Oprah going on tour with her is a massive advantage in running Michelle Obama up the public political flag pole and see how many and who salutes - specifically meaning crowd size and the attitude the press and media takes. Will she become the next Democratic media darling? Or will they ignore her?
There's the ticket, then:

Madame Pres + Madame VP!

;)

I think it's utterly pathetic that Dems are so desperate for a good candidate that they entertain people like Michelle Obama. Oprah and Avenatti.

Hey, we ended up with Trump. I totally didn't expect that so nothing is really off the table. (to be fair)

I think it's utterly pathetic that Dems are so desperate for a good candidate that they entertain people like Michelle Obama. Oprah and Avenatti.

Considering you people chose a ***** grabbing Reality T.V. Star birther to be your leader, I don't think what you guys think constitutes as "pathetic" matters to anyone. Then again, just because GOP voters voted for a corrupt worthless piece of crap to be their leader, doesn't mean the Dems will do the same.

I dunno. As great as she is, I think she'd be seen as riding her husband's coat-tails, rather than standing on her own. But I think she would be a better and more charismatic candidate than HRC, though that's not saying much!

Anyone who can still fog a mirror has more charisma than Hillary:lol:

Hey, we ended up with Trump. I totally didn't expect that so nothing is really off the table. (to be fair)

I totally blew off Trump, up until the heavy-hitting candidates started dropping like flies, then I was like, "wut?"

Considering you people chose a ***** grabbing Reality T.V. Star birther to be your leader, I don't think what you guys think constitutes as "pathetic" matters to anyone. Then again, just because GOP voters voted for a corrupt worthless piece of crap to be their leader, doesn't mean the Dems will do the same.
Feel better now? There, there...

Anyone who can still fog a mirror has more charisma than Hillary:lol:
:lamo

She's the anti-charisma black hole! Sucks it right out of the room!

And she's so completely unaware of it, which actually makes her fascinating. But, she really can go back to the NY state woods now. Please.

And she's so completely unaware of it, which actually makes her fascinating. But, she really can go back to the NY state woods now. Please.
Haha. Yeah, it is fascinating to watch. But not what we want to see in our preferred political candidate! :doh

Ah, c'mon, you know you need more of this. Admit it. ;)

Ah, c'mon, you know you need more of this. Admit it. ;)

You know, I can't see how anyone wanted to vote for Trump. But I can't see how anyone wanted to vote for her, either! Argh!

It was definitely a hold-your-nose election ...

You know, I can't see how anyone wanted to vote for Trump. But I can't see how anyone wanted to vote for her, either! Argh!

Precisely, what many of us have been saying all along...
Thank you for reiterating MY point as well. (That said, his policies align more with mine than hers did, and that should be enough of a good reason to support one over the other, in retrospect).

Hence, why it is a futile exercise to be angry at those who voted for Trump, isn't it?
It's not like he beat anyone who was any better of a person as far as personal character goes...

Neither Michelle nor Hillary are running in 2020. Time to end this foolish speculation already.

Speak for yourself. Not all of us felt that way.

Neither Michelle nor Hillary are running in 2020. Time to end this foolish speculation already.

What do you have against free speech?

Speak for yourself. Not all of us felt that way.

Oh, I get it now...

Your precious Hillary mustn't be rebuked.
Hey, she brings it all on herself. :lol:

Precisely, what many of us have been saying all along...
Thank you for reiterating MY point as well. (That said, his policies align more with mine than hers did, and that should be enough of a good reason to support one over the other, in retrospect).

Hence, why it is a futile exercise to be angry at those who voted for Trump, isn't it?
It's not like he beat anyone who was any better of a person as far as personal character goes...

Greetings, trixare4kids. :2wave:

I have just read the best response I have heard regarding the 2016 election! Kudos to you because 1. it's the truth, and 2. you stated it so well without deliberately insulting either candidate! :thumbs: .. :cool: .. :applaud

Back
Top Bottom