• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will McCarthy try to end all of the investigations of Trump by house investigations?

Incorrect, see below. You are lying because you are not acknowledging that the invention is closed.
Where have stated anything different?

Pretty lose about accusing liar.
If it’s a closed matter then there is no need to try to bring it up and whine about not getting an outcome that you wanted.

Incorrect, see below. You are lying because you are not acknowledging that the invention is closed.
What 'invention'?

If it’s a closed matter then there is no need to try to bring it up and whine about not getting an outcome that you wanted.
Difference in justice doesn't matter to you? I guess as long as Democrats are treated with kit gloves and non-democrats aren't, all well with you.

Like I said before, that's a hell of a justice system you are purporting, one drawn along the lines of politics. That's not how it's supposed to work, you know?

What 'invention'?
Typo, investigation.
Difference in justice doesn't matter to you? I guess as long as Democrats are treated with kit gloves and non-democrats aren't, all well with you.

Like I said before, that's a hell of a justice system you are purporting, one drawn along the lines of politics. That's not how it's supposed to work, you know?
I believe each case has its own facts and merits. That’s exactly how it should be.

Because if Trump does get indicted he will have the option for a trial and all discovery etc. If he is found guilty he can appeal. So please tell me why Congress needs to be involved.

Perhaps that question should have been asked when Ms. Pelosi set up the J6 committee...

You think any Republican unwilling to join Traitor Trump in his illegal/unconstitutional attempted coup were in the wrong.

Anything short of absolute obedience to the orange menace makes a Republican official a “RINO” in MAGAt world.

Unedited recordings and transcripts cannot be opinionated. A nonsensical assertion.

An ass is an ass, no matter one's affiliation....take a look.

Announcing your plan to obstruct justice ahead of time is a bold strategy, Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for him

It's "election interference" 2.0.....Trump doesn't have to be arrested for their devilish plan to work.....it's all about getting people to begin to think, "enough is enough" and cast their vote for another, besides Trump. This is all, that's going on here......we all know it, period.

It should very much be investigated, for the sake of democracy in our Republic......as far as I know, we are not a Banana Republic. We cannot have a major political party committing crimes of this nature prior to an election, as they did in 2020. Election interference is a federal crime and should be investigated.

:unsure:

:LOL:

3018b0fae24ea48f4d75e1f75a0b1e1746ed077b.jpg

NO, he's not.
YES, he is. I do, of course, realize you will just say what you have to in order to protect your feelings on the matter.

McCarthy has just announced he is going to have a House investigation into the D,A.'s investigtion and possible indictment of Trump. I guess this means that in every investigtion of Trump McCarthy will try and end it with an investigtion of his own. Has not worked yet and you wonder how far he will go to appease the MAGA troups within the GOP and Trump himself. To the right wing Trump truly is above the law and his peon McCarthy is there to try and insure that is true. Will McCarthy ever get off his knees?
I think one must realize that today we live in what I call the modern political era of polarization, the great divide and the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship. Most Republicans firmly believe that the democrats going after Trump in his two impeachments and the 1-6 committee investigation was purely political. That Trump had done nothing wrong. As an extension of that, the DOJ, New York and Atlanta investigations are also purely political. All being unwarranted in their minds, Trump did nothing wrong except defeat their queen Hillary Clinton. It doesn’t matter if the above is correct, wrong or indifferent, this is what they believe in their hearts. The Democrats have a political vendetta against Trump and are trying to bring him down by hook or crook. With the Democrats in control of the house, Republicans were powerless to do anything about it. Now they have the power and by gosh, they’re going to use it.

The first thing the Republicans did was open an investigation into Hunter Biden to decide if he used his father’s position and influence to enhance the Biden family’s wealth. At least that how I understand it. Now the Democrats are howling about an unwarranted investigation. Certainly, I think these investigations into whether or not federal funds were funneled to New York and Atlanta’s DA’s is an attempt to shut down those investigations. But what if federal funds were found to be funneled to both DA’s or just one? I don’t even know if that is against the law or not. I suppose it must be for the Republicans to open up an investigation or is just to show the Democratic power apparatus is doing all this for political revenge, vengeance against Trump not only pitting the power of Democrats in control of state prosecutions, but the power of the federal government also.

Living in today’s modern political era of polarization, the great divide, the super mega, ultra-high partisanship, nothing of this bothers me. I’m just sitting back, relaxing, drinking coffee watching all of this play out. What I want is Trump out of politics, how doesn’t matter. Indicted, arrested, in jail, exiled to Timbuktu, retires on his own to Mar-a-Lago free and clear, any and all other scenarios is fine with me as long as Trump is out of politics. I want a return to a previous political era where cooperation, compromise, playing the old political game of give and take is the norm. I’d like to see all of these ideologues go climb back into the rabbit hole they came out of, a government and political era of pragmatism returning. Where political campaigns are about substance, issues, policies, not 100% negative personal attacks where the idea is to get the voter to hate the other guy more than they hate you. Bring back some common sense to our politics, but that is way too much to ask for.

Hopefully.

It will squash the clown show.

Perhaps that question should have been asked when Ms. Pelosi set up the J6 committee...

Yea, can you imagine wanting to hold hearings on how and why the Congress offices were attacked to try to stop their work.

Yea, can you imagine wanting to hold hearings on how and why the Congress offices were attacked to try to stop their work.

The FBI is investigating the riots to find out who and why.

Hence the answer.

The FBI is investigating the riots to find out who and why.

Hence the answer.

You see the difference, right? Or are you going keep up this bs charade.

You see the difference, right? Or are you going keep up this bs charade.

The difference is that one is being established by a Democrat and the other being established by a Republican.
The difference being that you support the decision by the Democrats (regardless there is a criminal investigation into said subject) and oppose the decision by the Republican (because there is a criminal investigation ongoing).

What was the issue again? Trump paying off Daniels with 'hush money'?

Why wasn't Clinton arrested for the same back in the day?

Isn't this an example of differing justice standards?
You posted this whataboutism earlier. Does posting it twice make it more acceptable?

Will McCarthy try? Yes.

Will he be successful? No.

But it will align himself in a manner the "Freedom Caucus" demanded well before obtaining their votes for Speaker, in other words this little announcement from McCarthy is basically the far right going into his office and saying "get out there boy, go earn my vote, and defend Trump."

The difference is that one is being established by a Democrat and the other being established by a Republican.
The difference being that you support the decision by the Democrats (regardless there is a criminal investigation into said subject) and oppose the decision by the Republican (because there is a criminal investigation ongoing).

Ok, you refuse acknowledge the key differences and will remain keeping on going with your charade.

Ok, you refuse acknowledge the key differences and will remain keeping on going with your charade.

the key difference being one is a republican and one is a democrat.
thats all.

Back
Top Bottom