• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will McCain withdrawal his endorsement?

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
McCain endorsed Trump once he had the nomination locked. But on a fairly regular basis McCain has had to denounce the things Trump says and the few policy ideas Trump espouses.

Most recently McCain condemned Trump’s treatment of the Khan’s, the Gold Star family that criticized Trump at the DNC. In addition to thoroughly praising the Khan’s and their son, McCain also said, regarding Trump’s statements, “I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates.”

I realize McCain has his own election to worry about but I wonder just how far Trump has to go in order for McCain to withdrawal his endorsement.

What do you all think? Is it conceivable that McCain will eventually withdrawal his endorsement?

McCain endorsed Trump once he had the nomination locked. But on a fairly regular basis McCain has had to denounce the things Trump says and the few policy ideas Trump espouses.

Most recently McCain condemned Trump’s treatment of the Khan’s, the Gold Star family that criticized Trump at the DNC. In addition to thoroughly praising the Khan’s and their son, McCain also said, regarding Trump’s statements, “I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates.”

I realize McCain has his own election to worry about but I wonder just how far Trump has to go in order for McCain to withdrawal his endorsement.

What do you all think? Is it conceivable that McCain will eventually withdrawal his endorsement?

He was an idiot for endorsing him anyway. Some people have a real problem with just rolling over and taking it simply because of the letter behind someone's name.

McCain is a team player, dedicated to the Republican party, he will not withdraw his endorsement. I'm pretty sure he hates Trump though.

Sen. McCain was a pandering liberal to endorse Trump at all after Trump's trash talk about McCain's military service.

Most of his political active family have.. so yes eventually he could. His grand-daughter wrote a great piece explaining why she is going to vote for Hilary after being a life long Republican. Not because she supports all of Hilary´s policies, but she does not.. but because Trump is so bad that she feels that she has to stop him.

If it weren't for Clinton then being able to determine Supreme Court nominees, a lot of people would not be backing Trump.

He's so committed at this point, it would probably take something much bigger for him to withdraw his endorsement. And he definitely wouldn't do it before his primary at the end of the month.

Most of his political active family have.. so yes eventually he could. His grand-daughter wrote a great piece explaining why she is going to vote for Hilary after being a life long Republican. Not because she supports all of Hilary´s policies, but she does not.. but because Trump is so bad that she feels that she has to stop him.

The sentiment is quite fine and resembles my position. I must say, however, that after Clinton's speech the other day, the probability feel, that she will get my vote. Not to zero, but she is certainly bad for the country.

The sentiment is quite fine and resembles my position. I must say, however, that after Clinton's speech the other day, the probability feel, that she will get my vote. Not to zero, but she is certainly bad for the country.

In fact if you read

https://medium.com/@ccmccain/for-th...ump-means-im-with-her-10321e751c6d#.jwv6u573g

by Caroline McCain, you see her in conflict over that... and she comes to this conclusion.

I wanted a different candidate. I wanted a New American Century. I wanted an election with good ideas and good discourse. I wanted to win. But now I want my party to change. I want fresh leaders, of good character, in both parties. And I want Donald Trump to be humiliated in November and driven far from the political arena for the rest of his life.

So I’m not a Democrat — at least not yet. But this year, I’m With Her.

He should withdraw it, but he won't.

What Trump said about McCain IMO was unforgivable. The **** he's pulled since then just makes him worse. I think all of the Republicans who are up for election should publicly disavow Trump.

We are learning how many Republicans actually value their principles more than their party.

It is a short list.

Has anyone here ever changed their mind because someone, politician or otherwise, endorsed a particular candidate?

Back
Top Bottom