• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Maria Butina bring down the NRA or diminish its power?

Thanks so much about your concern of the NRA. They will be just fine and will
be willing and able to point out all of the anti-guns zelots that will be running for office
in 2020.

The NRA started November 17, 1871 in New York City, NY.

Here is just a little bit that the NRA is active with.

In civilian training, the NRA continues to be the leader in firearms education. Over 125,000 certified instructors now train about 1,000,000 gun owners a year. Courses are available in basic rifle, pistol, shotgun, muzzleloading firearms, personal protection, even ammunition reloading. Additionally, nearly 7,000 certified coaches are specially trained to work with young competitive shooters. Since the establishment of the lifesaving Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program in 1988, more than 28 million pre-kindergarten to fourth grade children have learned that if they see a firearm in an unsupervised situation, they should "STOP. DON'T TOUCH. RUN AWAY. TELL A GROWNUP." Over the past seven years, Refuse To Be A Victim® seminars have helped more than 100,000 men and women develop their own personal safety plan using common sense strategies.

In 1990, NRA made a dramatic move to ensure that the financial support for firearms-related activities would be available now and for future generations. Establishing the NRA Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization, provided a means to raise millions of dollars to fund gun safety and educational projects of benefit to the general public. Contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible and benefit a variety of American constituencies including youth, women, hunters, competitive shooters, gun collectors, law enforcement agents and persons with physical disabilities.

While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the NRA has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly five million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs. As former Clinton spokesman George Stephanopoulos said, "Let me make one small vote for the NRA. They're good citizens. They call their congressmen. They write. They vote. They contribute. And they get what they want over time."

Read about the rest here:
https://home.nra.org/about-the-nra/

LOL The NRA is the mouthpiece of the gun industry that works tirelessly to sell more guns when they are not laundering Russian money for Trump that is.

To the OP:

1) The NRA is already losing money
2) I really don't think she has anything to offer. If she was truly a Russian spy, she would not take a plea deal to cooperate. After her cooperation she'd surely be deported where she would then end up dead from lead poisoning or leaping from a tall building.

Gun banners keep claiming that the NRA is nothing but a front for gun makers. Obama and Hillary were the best gun sales representatives that the Gun industry has ever had.

And if you get an Anti-gun chump like Mikey Bloomberg running in 2020, the NRA won't have a problem funding a fight against him.

Maria Butina the Russian spy had a lot to do with the NRA and the NRA contacts with the Russians. There is scuttlebutt that the NRA took money from the Russians and funneled it to the Trump campaign. She has flipped and if that turns out to be true, the NRA and its leaders could be in very big trouble. The NRA is already having financial problems and fighting any legal problems could make matters for them much worse. And what about the next election in 2020. If they are having to cut back on staff and programs, how will they supply campaign money to all of the Federal and state lawmakers they presently support? This will be especially hard if the Feds are looking over their shoulders to see where the NRA funds for political purposes are coming from? So will this Russian spy bring down the NRA or diminish its power?

The worst that could happen is some of the leadership of the NRA might get into legal hot water. Someone might even go to jail.
Damage to NRA's influence: Minimal

To the OP:

1) The NRA is already losing money
2) I really don't think she has anything to offer. If she was truly a Russian spy, she would not take a plea deal to cooperate. After her cooperation she'd surely be deported where she would then end up dead from lead poisoning or leaping from a tall building.

On point 2) I suspect that Russia wants their involvement to ultimately be discovered.

They want to weaken the US, divide us, play both sides. They want their spies to be discovered working with Trump. To fan the flames. To watch the internal fighting tear us apart. They want Trump to appear guilty, and they want Trump to convince his base he's not.

I believe the final nail for Trump will truly come from Russia, when they feel he can't do anymore damage to the US. They'll drive it home.

On point 2) I suspect that Russia wants their involvement to ultimately be discovered.

They want to weaken the US, divide us, play both sides. They want their spies to be discovered working with Trump. To fan the flames. To watch the internal fighting tear us apart. They want Trump to appear guilty, and they want Trump to convince his base he's not.

I believe the final nail for Trump will truly come from Russia, when they feel he can't do anymore damage to the US. They'll drive it home.

The bolded part I agree with you on. They are playing ALL OF US like fiddles. Fear and suspicion and anger are more dangerous then any weapon in the arsenal of any nation, and Putin is sure doing damage to the US with them.

A little sprinkling of Trump love here, a few Russian agents fiddling with elections there and PRESTO! Instant political division, fear and suspicion and anger in the USA.

DdVtIi7XcAA_dF0.jpg

The worst that could happen is some of the leadership of the NRA might get into legal hot water. Someone might even go to jail.
Damage to NRA's influence: Minimal

I would agree that the NRA membership will not be negatively impacted by this at all and could not care less.

For most of the rest of us, it makes us want to puke in disgust at the National Russian Association.

I can see that you will never see the present day NRA for what there are now, not what they were 30 years ago. And if they did funnel money from the Russians to Trump, that is treason and the whole bunch ought to go to jail.

That's not what we were discussing. We were discussing that if any of that happened, what effect it would have on gun control legislation and it won't have any because the NRA is given way more credit than they deserve. They are of little influence. Their influence is nothing but a myth. People who are pro second amendment aren't going to change their minds even if the NRA wasn't around anymore. They are only a shell organization, like many others, where the top people get rich from the club and they actually accomplish very little that wouldn't have already been accomplished without them. Conservatives and rural areas aren't going to change their minds about gun control legislation just because the NRA is gone. Once again, you guys are having premature orgasms just on fantasies alone. The fact is, gun control legislation comes at the expense of law abiding citizens and they aren't going to stand for that, NRA or not. The left just can't seem to understand that criminals don't follow laws, only law abiding people do. That's why they're called criminals.

Wow...a Russian dude TWEETED THE NRA and supports its princples...where is all that "LAUNDERED MONEY" you lied about having proof of?

And the NRA bought ads supporting a PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT CANDIDATE .

GASP!! SURELY NOT!!!

Where is the "PROOF" of all that NRA/RUSSIAN MONEY LAUNDERING you just got busted LYING ABOUT?

three-stooges-triple-facepalm.jpg

Already offered plenty of circumstantial evidence and the FBI is investigating, a fact you cannot spazdance out from under, I fear.

Like, bummer, man.

Spazdance.....LOL

I would agree that the NRA membership will not be negatively impacted by this at all and could not care less.

For most of the rest of us, it makes us want to puke in disgust at the National Russian Association.

Or "Neadrathal Russian Apologists":lamo

Back
Top Bottom