• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Kobi beat Wilt?

Will Kobi Bryant beat Wilt Chamberlain's single game scoring record of 100 points?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
After scoring 81 points in a single game, there exists only one man ahead of Kobi Bryant that has scored more, Wilt Chamberlain (100 points). Do you think Kobi can beat Wilt's record for most points scored in a single game?

Billo_Really said:
After scoring 81 points in a single game, there exists only one man ahead of Kobi Bryant that has scored more, Wilt Chamberlain (100 points). Do you think Kobi can beat Wilt's record for most points scored in a single game?

I think that he could, but he won't. The situation won't present itself. Phil knows that Kobe will need rest if they even make it to the playoffs

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002
I think that he could, but he won't. The situation won't present itself. Phil knows that Kobe will need rest if they even make it to the playoffs
Speaking of the playoffs, is anyone going to beat Detroit?

Billo_Really said:
Speaking of the playoffs, is anyone going to beat Detroit?

It depends on how healthy they are. It depends on what Miami and San Antonia can muster up.

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002
It depends on how healthy they are. It depends on what Miami and San Antonia can muster up.
So the Spurs are going to represent the west. Not Phoenix?

Billo_Really said:
So the Spurs are going to represent the west. Not Phoenix?

Shaun Marion will have to stay healthy

Billo_Really said:
Do you think Kobi can beat Wilt's record for most points scored in a single game?

Was there a 24- second shot clock installed during Wilt's 100 point game? I kinda doubt that Kobe can score 100, Wilt was a dominating presense, a 7 footer, and the biggest opposing player was what, 6'9"? Kobe it seems has to really struggle to get 50, let alone 81. I don't think that'll be surpassed in awhile.

Kobi could not carry Wilt's jock.......

Navy Pride said:
Kobi could not carry Wilt's jock.......

Probably not, with all the women Wilt's been with, he's most likely hung like a mule!:lol:

kal-el said:
Probably not, with all the women Wilt's been with, he's most likely hung like a mule!:lol:

You have a point there.........

Originally posted by kal-el
Was there a 24- second shot clock installed during Wilt's 100 point game? I kinda doubt that Kobe can score 100, Wilt was a dominating presense, a 7 footer, and the biggest opposing player was what, 6'9"? Kobe it seems has to really struggle to get 50, let alone 81. I don't think that'll be surpassed in awhile.
Now I'm not positive on this, but I think Wilt scored his 100 against 6'-11" Walt Bellamy. Bells was not your average podunk center.

Billo_Really said:
Now I'm not positive on this, but I think Wilt scored his 100 against 6'-11" Walt Bellamy. Bells was not your average podunk center.

One year Wilt averaged 50 points a game.....He use to score over Russell all the time.........

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
One year Wilt averaged 50 points a game.....He use to score over Russell all the time.........
True statement.

Navy Pride said:

But Wilt played againsst shorter people. it was much easier for wilt to get in the 50s nightly. cause he had height over everyone else. but if you look toward the end of wilts carreer when the taller people were coming into the NBA Wilts numbers were going down.

Originally posted by gfytt689
But Wilt played againsst shorter people. it was much easier for wilt to get in the 50s nightly. cause he had height over everyone else. but if you look toward the end of wilts carreer when the taller people were coming into the NBA Wilts numbers were going down.
That had more to do with the fact that he was getting older. He is also the only center ever to lead the leage in assists.

Billo_Really said:
That had more to do with the fact that he was getting older. He is also the only center ever to lead the leage in assists.

When he was 30 or 31 he averaged 20 ppg. thats not old. its not young but its definently not old.

Originally posted by gfytt689
When he was 30 or 31 he averaged 20 ppg. thats not old. its not young but its definently not old.
That had nothing to do with people getting taller. Wilt deliberately sacrificed his own numbers in order to get another championship. Which came the year the Lakers won 33 straight games in a row. That is a record that will never be beaten (in any sport).

gfytt689 said:

Make no mistake about it "The Big Dipper" could score any time he wanted too and there were some excellent big men in those days.......Bill Russell comes to mind......

Make no mistake about it "The Big Dipper" could score any time he wanted too and there were some excellent big men in those days.......Bill Russell comes to mind......
You know it man.

• Willis Reed
  • Walt Bellamy
  • Elvin Hayes
  • Nate Thurmond
  • Bob Lanier
  • Wes Unseld
  • Lew Alcindor
  • Tom Boerwinkle (just kidding)

Billo_Really said:
You know it man.

• Willis Reed
  • Walt Bellamy
  • Elvin Hayes
  • Nate Thurmond
  • Bob Lanier
  • Wes Unseld
  • Lew Alcindor
  • Tom Boerwinkle (just kidding)

Luke Jackson
Wayne Embry

Alright Wilt was dominant, but i still dont think hes the most dominant ever. I think hes up there but what ever happened to Shaq being the most dominant of all time and the best laker ever? And what about Hakeem Olajuwon? Personally i think Olajuwon is the best ever. He had 2 quadruple doubles, which is the most amzing thing ive ever seen. probably more than the 81 points game...

Luke Jackson
Wayne Embry
I knew there was a couple I missed.

I love all those old guys. Except Johnny Most.

gfytt689 said:
Alright Wilt was dominant, but i still dont think hes the most dominant ever. I think hes up there but what ever happened to Shaq being the most dominant of all time and the best laker ever? And what about Hakeem Olajuwon? Personally i think Olajuwon is the best ever. He had 2 quadruple doubles, which is the most amzing thing ive ever seen. probably more than the 81 points game...

Yup, I think if Shaq was around back in the day, he would manhandle Wilt. If Wilt were in his prime today, he'd just be another 7 footer.

kal-el said:
Yup, I think if Shaq was around back in the day, he would manhandle Wilt. If Wilt were in his prime today, he'd just be another 7 footer.

I saw Wilt play many a game and there is no one that could handle him then or now........He had a step back jumper that was deadly and his finger roll was unstoppable.........

Since he was retired long before you were born I don't know how you could even make a comparison......

Billo_Really said:
I knew there was a couple I missed.

I love all those old guys. Except Johnny Most.

Billo, you ever hear of a player by the name of Maurice Stokes? He went to a small college called St Francis right outside my hometown in Pa.......Great college player and rookie of the year his first year in the NBA......6'6" and set a rebound record............Fell in a game and became paralyzed and that finished his career.....They use to call him "Maurice the Magnificent".........Us kids you to stand by the players entrance and grab their bags so we could get in free.....Stokes would hand me his.........

What a talent a such a sad ending..He never recovered and died at about 35.....Jack Twyman a white guy adopted him and took care of him the rest of his life..........They made a movie about it..........The Maurice Stokes Story........

Back
Top Bottom