• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Karl Rove loose his job over TreasonGate?

Will Karl Rove loose his job over TreasonGate?

• Yes, Karl will resign.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • President Bush will fire him.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • What? Karl is a true American patriot - no way!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • He will get promoted and/or a medal.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Who? When is Survivor on?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Hoot said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that this Vanity Fair issue came out AFTER the leak by the White House...plus, her face was hidden in all the photos, and the only quote by her is the fact that "My kitchen is a mess," due to recent re-modeling.

There was a photo in the spread of her and Wilson, in a convertible vehicle, I believe. A very close up shot, I might add. Regardless of when the article was published, it is a very damning photo in this, and I'm going to (gulp) agree with Navy on one point. If I'm a CIA agent, covert or not, I'm not going to appear in photograph, because magazines have world wide readership. My face could very well appear within the hands of an enemy I've infultrated. It was stupid for her to do so, and then claim she's "upset" be being forced to a desk. She only helped it along at that point.

Now, my disclaimer, having written this post in NO WAY heaps guilt or innocence upon Karl Rove. So before any panties get bunched up, might I suggest changing the "tightie whities" :2wave:

debate_junkie said:
There was a photo in the spread of her and Wilson, in a convertible vehicle, I believe. A very close up shot, I might add. Regardless of when the article was published, it is a very damning photo in this, and I'm going to (gulp) agree with Navy on one point. If I'm a CIA agent, covert or not, I'm not going to appear in photograph, because magazines have world wide readership. My face could very well appear within the hands of an enemy I've infultrated. It was stupid for her to do so, and then claim she's "upset" be being forced to a desk. She only helped it along at that point.

Now, my disclaimer, having written this post in NO WAY heaps guilt or innocence upon Karl Rove. So before any panties get bunched up, might I suggest changing the "tightie whities" :2wave:

The photo you mention has Valerie wearing very large sunglasses with a scarf covering her head...not exactly a conclusive photo, however, they regret allowing that picture to be published, and it was a stupid thing to do, but again, that photo was published after 'whoever' outed Valerie as a CIA agent. Her identity was still considered classified information at the time of the 'leak.'

I also doubt these 'ethics' classes in the White House are gonna do one bit of good. Who's gonna teach the class? Karl Rove? LOL!

I heard that Andrea Jaeger (not sure of the spelling) from NBC told Chris Matthews on Hardball that in 2002 it was common knowledge that at one time Plame was a covert agent but that she had not been one since 1997...That explains why she can appear in Vanity Fair...........

Hoot said:
The photo you mention has Valerie wearing very large sunglasses with a scarf covering her head...not exactly a conclusive photo, however, they regret allowing that picture to be published, and it was a stupid thing to do, but again, that photo was published after 'whoever' outed Valerie as a CIA agent. Her identity was still considered classified information at the time of the 'leak.'

I also doubt these 'ethics' classes in the White House are gonna do one bit of good. Who's gonna teach the class? Karl Rove? LOL!

It doesn't matter when the photo was published. It should have never been done, period, regardless of whether she was outed or not. How did she know that spread wasn't going to hurt any investigations she'd previously done, and are currently not completed? It isn't hard to see enough of her features to realize.. ah ha... she was what? She did just as much harm to herself, as whoever leaked her name, and for that I will say, the desk is where she deserves to be.

Taking the photo after the leak, excuses her appearance in it NONE.

Navy Pride said:
You hit it pretty well my friend with one mistake.......All democrats are not jokes.........Nelson, Bayh, Leiberman and Zell Miller and a few others are good men....Sadly they have no place in the the democratic party.............

The Loserman is a "good man"? Gimme a break. When he teamed up with Gore he reversed his positions on almost everything, and then he stuck around for that embarassing episode when Nader gave Floriduh to Bush.

(Gotta say, Nader's gift did a lot to reverse the bad feelings he earned for all the damage he's done this country ;) )

This from Bill Maher:

Rove-itusson, "For when you're desparately trying to avoid coughing up the truth."

Treasongate..??? Have YOU any real clue as to the damage that the democratic party, & liberals have inflicted upon our intelligence organizations?

Do you really have one damn inkling in how they have been hamstrung, & some intel sections even gutted over the decades.

To refer to this non-sensical POLTICAL crap, (a desk jockey's outing as being covert, ..or some modern version of a Matta Hari who is putting her life in harms way is the most ridiculous thing ever to portay!)

Treason, hardly....not to mention the fact that Rove has not been proven to have done anything wrong; & Libby was not even charged with "outing" Valerie Plame period.

I submit to you; ..go look at the facts IF you want to see how the liberal democrats have entreated ALL of our intel agencies over the last couple decades.

You might not only want to stop refering to this political witchunt as "treasongate", ...but if you are really seeking truth about which party takes the security of the United Stated seriously, ..& the health & well being of their "real" covert agents.

When I see nothing but beaurocrats, & phoney political appointees harping about the so called rights of suspected terrorists, & how they have put up a wall of seperation between CIA & the FBI so intel cannot be shared, because of liberal ideology & this stupid lust & zeal to pretend that everybody in America deserves the benefit of the doubt to not be targetted for special investigation;...this is FOOLHARDY, & DETRIMENTAL BEHAVIOR thjat puts great risk upon the rest of society.

Has it EVER occurred to those little liberally challenged fools this IS precisely as to why, & how EASY it is for terror groups to come into America in the first place, & take pilot training courses, & operate unmolested, & without any suspicion?

I would suggest that WHEN you see who has rendered our intel agencies as almost "impotent" in some areas, ..you might prefer seeing those responsible lined up on front of a brick wall to meet the fate they probably actually do deserve while they pretend to be watchdogs for justice, ..& even unwittingly help & aid those that want to destroy us!

I quit voting "democrat" decades ago, ..I'm not still stuck on "stupid"! ;)

Back when this counrty was founded they used to hang traitors. I think the whole administration has commited treason and should be dealt with like traitors.

Back
Top Bottom