• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Karl Rove loose his job over TreasonGate?

Will Karl Rove loose his job over TreasonGate?

• Yes, Karl will resign.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • President Bush will fire him.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • What? Karl is a true American patriot - no way!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • He will get promoted and/or a medal.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Who? When is Survivor on?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
Again aps, Rove has not been accused of anything and a man or woman is innocent until proven guilty........

Would you like to be fired from your job under those cricumstances?

I understand your point, Navy Pride, but it is a fact that Karl provided Matt Cooper with the name of Wilson's wife. Rove apparently had adamantly denied to McClellan of being involved in this at all, which was an outright lie. Why wouldn't the president's employees be held to a higher standard? Bush said he would restore honesty and integrity to the White House (do you need me to find the exact quotes?). Rove lied and has defamed the White House. If Bush was that concerned about restoring honesty and integrity, he would fire anyone who gave the appearance of lacking such qualities.

Again, those who work in the White House should be held to a higher standard. It is the most powerful office in our country. The White House should be better than this.

And yes, I know Clinton was a boob--Bush promised to be better. I do not see better.

aps said:
I understand your point, Navy Pride, but it is a fact that Karl provided Matt Cooper with the name of Wilson's wife. Rove apparently had adamantly denied to McClellan of being involved in this at all, which was an outright lie. Why wouldn't the president's employees be held to a higher standard? Bush said he would restore honesty and integrity to the White House (do you need me to find the exact quotes?). Rove lied and has defamed the White House. If Bush was that concerned about restoring honesty and integrity, he would fire anyone who gave the appearance of lacking such qualities.

Again, those who work in the White House should be held to a higher standard. It is the most powerful office in our country. The White House should be better than this.

And yes, I know Clinton was a boob--Bush promised to be better. I do not see better.

Bottom line aps is Valerie Plame was outed long before any of that happened.......It was common knowledge that she was a CIA agent but not covert......That is the key...She had not been covert since 1997.....Wilson and Plame appeared in a lay out of Vanity Fair...I don't think that is how you provent the identity of a covert agent..........

If the SP could have charged Rove he would have done so...........

This whole thing about Rove is partisan politics.....The dems smelled blood in the water and thought they had Rove and they did not get him.........

I will give you this.......Politics is a dirty business no matter if you democrat or republican.......I just think with the democrats and the hatred for Bush and Rove ands a little more dirtier.......

Navy Pride said:
And I feel the same way about Dean so we are even......The differenc is Rove is effective, Dean is not...........

I don't think I would want to win a campaign by falsley accusing a man of being a pedophile. You call that kind of victory effective, I call it un-American.

hipsterdufus said:
I don't think I would want to win a campaign by falsley accusing a man of being a pedophile. You call that kind of victory effective, I call it un-American.

That's the only way Rove wins elections--by being unethical. He accused the democrat running for governor in Texas (way back when) of bugging his office. He did a whisper campaign against Ann Richards, saying she was a lesbian and hired mostly gay people. He did a whisper campaign against McCain, saying he had a love child with some woman outside of his marriage and had "anger problems" from being a prisoner of war for 5 years.

What kind of a$$hole makes commentary on a prisoner of war, and particularly, someone who was held captive for 5 years? Rove makes me sick.

aps said:
That's the only way Rove wins elections--by being unethical. He accused the democrat running for governor in Texas (way back when) of bugging his office. He did a whisper campaign against Ann Richards, saying she was a lesbian and hired mostly gay people. He did a whisper campaign against McCain, saying he had a love child with some woman outside of his marriage and had "anger problems" from being a prisoner of war for 5 years.

What kind of a$$hole makes commentary on a prisoner of war, and particularly, someone who was held captive for 5 years? Rove makes me sick.

Unfortunately, the effect in the country, because Rove HAS won, is to make these kind of attacks more prevelant. You're seeing it now in NJ where Forrester is using quotes from Corzine's ex-wife to attack him.

hipsterdufus said:

Who did Rove call a pedophille?:confused:

hipsterdufus said:
Unfortunately, the effect in the country, because Rove HAS won, is to make these kind of attacks more prevelant. You're seeing it now in NJ where Forrester is using quotes from Corzine's ex-wife to attack him.
The attacks don't always work though. Lane Evans of IL is often attacked by his Republican adversaries for having parkinsons disease, but it has always failed to get them elected. When they reverted to this tactic they started losing by even larger margins than before.

Navy Pride said:
Who did Rove call a pedophille?:confused:
Mark Kennedy. I'm quite certain this has all been posted before...

You do know when your in primarys some nasty things are said.......I can remember in 2000 with Gore and Bradley and in 2004 with the 9 dem stooges there was some far out stuff said....

Don't you find it odd that if Rove said all these things about McCain that he would so enthusiatically support him and help him get elected twice?

Bottom line is a very effective adivisor to the president and it just kills the libs out he outsmarts them at every turn.......

They though they had him in the Plame leak it it just torqued their jaws to be beaten again......

They though they had him in the Plame leak it it just torqued their jaws to be beaten again......

HA. I love how you think hes home free just because there hasn't been an inditement yet. If fitz finds the evidence of anything other than his endless capacity for nefarious douchebaggery he'll get indited. The investigation ain't over yet.

Navy Pride said:
.....Wilson and Plame appeared in a lay out of Vanity Fair...I don't think that is how you provent the identity of a covert agent..........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that this Vanity Fair issue came out AFTER the leak by the White House...plus, her face was hidden in all the photos, and the only quote by her is the fact that "My kitchen is a mess," due to recent re-modeling.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
HA. I love how you think hes home free just because there hasn't been an inditement yet. If fitz finds the evidence of anything other than his endless capacity for nefarious douchebaggery he'll get indited. The investigation ain't over yet.

If he had anything he would have indicted him already......Even Lanny Davis, a Liberal, and a very close advisor to "The Slickster" said as much so I would not hold my breath if I were you......

Stick to Delay, you have a better chance there.......

Hoot said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that this Vanity Fair issue came out AFTER the leak by the White House...plus, her face was hidden in all the photos, and the only quote by her is the fact that "My kitchen is a mess," due to recent re-modeling.

I can see you did not see the issue............Wilson and Plame were in a full page picture in a convertible..........

Bottom line though is she has not been covert since 1997........

Navy Pride said:
I can see you did not see the issue............Wilson and Plame were in a full page picture in a convertible..........

Here's the picture of Plame and Wilson. Wow, she is really exposing herself in that picture, ain't she? This picture was taken after July 2003.

http://fray.slate.com/media/64/031202_VF_ValeriePlame.jpg

The Wilson's have said that they regret having their picture taken for that article.

Bottom line though is she has not been covert since 1997........

While she may not be deemed to be covert, her position was classified. See Fitzgerald's own words at the press conference:

Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community.

Valerie Wilson's friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life.

The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well-known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It's important that a CIA officer's identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation's security.

Valerie Wilson's cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/28/AR2005102801340.html#Page #1

Don't worry about replying, Navy Pride. I know what you're going to say:

But, aps, she wasn't covert and therefore the statute has not been violated. Everyone knew she was a CIA agent, aps....everyone! This investigation is a joke. Howard Dean is a joke. All democrats are jokes, including you. ;)

If he had anything he would have indicted him already......Even Lanny Davis, a Liberal, and a very close advisor to "The Slickster" said as much so I would not hold my breath if I were you......

Stick to Delay, you have a better chance there.......

"I" don't have any chance at all. Fitz is the one with a chance. I trust Fitz to make the cases he can win, and thats it. I couldn't care less who gets indited, they're all criminals in my view, its just the degree of guilt that determines how I feel about them (this is congressmen in general). And just so you know, theres a difference between having evidence for a case and having evidence for a solid and winnable case.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
"I" don't have any chance at all. Fitz is the one with a chance. I trust Fitz to make the cases he can win, and thats it. I couldn't care less who gets indited, they're all criminals in my view, its just the degree of guilt that determines how I feel about them (this is congressmen in general). And just so you know, theres a difference between having evidence for a case and having evidence for a solid and winnable case.

Of course, to you all Conservatives are criminals.....You hate Bush and Rove with a purple passion becasue they have kicked your butt over and over again..........

But, aps, she wasn't covert and therefore the statute has not been violated. Everyone knew she was a CIA agent, aps....everyone! This investigation is a joke. Howard Dean is a joke. All democrats are jokes, including you. ;)[/

You hit it pretty well my friend with one mistake.......All democrats are not jokes.........Nelson, Bayh, Leiberman and Zell Miller and a few others are good men....Sadly they have no place in the the democratic party.............

Navy Pride said:
Of course, to you all Conservatives are criminals.....You hate Bush and Rove with a purple passion becasue they have kicked your butt over and over again..........

LOL Whenever you dont' have a good argument, Navy Pride, you talk about how the democrats keep losing and how much we hate the republicans because they have beaten us over and over again. What's the point? I would never know you are an adult based on these posts.

Navy Pride said:
You hit it pretty well my friend with one mistake.......All democrats are not jokes.........Nelson, Bayh, Leiberman and Zell Miller or good men....They just have no chance in the democratic party.............

:shock: :shock: :shock: What about me, you b a s t a r d ? :mrgreen:

aps said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: What about me, you b a s t a r d ? :mrgreen:

You are not a crooked politician dear..........Besides after some of the things you have told me If given a chance I could make a moderate out of you...

Last edited:
aps said:
LOL Whenever you dont' have a good argument, Navy Pride, you talk about how the democrats keep losing and how much we hate the republicans because they have beaten us over and over again. What's the point? I would never know you are an adult based on these posts.

Now now I don't attack you personally so please show me the same courtesy........Thanks......

I know sometimes the truth is hard to hear but I try...:lol:

OdgenTugbyGlub said:

Do you go along with the thinking that all men are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of their peers or do you just want to string them up like some of your liberal friends without due process?

Navy Pride said:
Now now I don't attack you personally so please show me the same courtesy........Thanks......

I know sometimes the truth is hard to hear but I try...:lol:

But....but...but, sometimes you need a good tearing into, you know?

:3oops: How can I make myself feel better about being part of the losing party if I can't attack you personally?

:lol:

aps said:
But....but...but, sometimes you need a good tearing into, you know?

:3oops: How can I make myself feel better about being part of the losing party if I can't attack you personally?

:lol:

[QUOTEHow can I make myself feel better about being part of the losing party if I can't attack you personally?
][/QUOTE]

That is and easy one......Join the party of moderates because I believe that is what you really are if you would think about it......

Navy Pride said:
Bottom line aps is Valerie Plame was outed long before any of that happened.......It was common knowledge that she was a CIA agent but not covert......That is the key...She had not been covert since 1997.....Wilson and Plame appeared in a lay out of Vanity Fair...I don't think that is how you provent the identity of a covert agent.
Completely untrue Navy Pride! Here's proof from the Office of the Special Prosecutor's website. This is the truth. What you wrote are lies:
Prior to July 14, 2003, Valerie Wilson’s employment status was classified. Prior to that date, her affiliation with the CIA was not common knowledge outside the intelligence community. Disclosure of classified information about an individual’s employment by the CIA has the potential to damage the national security in ways that range from preventing that individual’s future use in a covert capacity, to compromising intelligence-gathering methods and operations, and endangering the safety of CIA employees and those who deal with them, the indictment states.
Source: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/iln/osc/documents/libby_pr_28102005.pdf

Now can that be any clearer Navy Pride? Hmmm?
Prior to July 14, 2003, Valerie Wilson’s employment status was classified.
Navy Pride said:
I will give you this.......Politics is a dirty business no matter if you democrat or republican.......I just think with the democrats and the hatred for Bush and Rove ands a little more dirtier.
I'm confused? Is this dirtier than YOUR posting over and over again that President Clinton is a RAPIST or Rove putting out stories about Sen. McCain's "Love Child"?

Rapist...Love Child...Outing CIA Agent's Identity...You and Rove are two of a kind, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom