• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Kamala Harris rank as one of the worst VPs in history?

Dan Quayle hands down for incompetence.

Dick Cheney for the way he abused the office for his own gain.
what exactly was Quayle incompetent about?

But you are also saying that about President Biden and he is undoubtable the best President of the last 50 years.
that is one of the funniest comments I have ever seen. what is not funny is that you might even believe it.

Yikes. If this article were submitted as a paper in a political science class it should have been returned covered in red ink and a large D.

While he was reviled and hated, Dick Cheney was one of the most active and effective Vice Presidents in history. He should be on the list of best VPs in history. Quayle, while not a good VP was also not a bad one, comparable to Joe Biden complete with verbal gaffs. Where is the paragraph on Spiro Agnew who was forced to resign?
The Agnew paragraph is in the link. You saying Cheney was a good VP and Quayle was not a bad one is silly. Cite something to back up those claims.

Well frankly I think the DEM's allowing the Left of the Party to abscond with the term "progressive" is as criminal is the GOP allowing the whacks on the far right to abscond with the term "conservative". So you can start with that.
Take your beef up with them. I am calling them what they self-identify as.
That said, Biden was not part of the Left end of the DEM Party. You could actually make a case that Harris was not either. So there goes your whole argument up in smoke.
Biden has lead as a far left Progessive so far.
Black voters are a different story though. Biden clearly needed Black voters. Black voters are the most pragmatic voters in the country....way, way, way far away from the Left end of the DEM Party.
If you say so

And the verdict is in.

YES! She’s a complete and unmitigated abject failure.

============

Historians and polling companies love to provide their assessments of past presidents, and to a lesser extent vice presidents. While it is still early in her tenure – so there’s a chance she’ll make a comeback – let’s just say those future assessments of Vice President Kamala Harris’s job performance will likely not be kind.
It’s remarkable, since the U.S. Constitution gives the vice president almost no duties to fail at — and yet failing she is.

Slow down Agenda Joe, let's not forget common criminal Spiro T. Agnew. FFS! :rolleyes:

so what exactly has he done that would put him there.
He beat Trump and that's enough for some people. Nothing else matters to them. They also will never admit they made a mistake in naming him as their party nominee.

It's amazing how scared the right is of VP Harris. But it does give them a break from the obsessions with Hunter Biden and AOC.

It's amazing how scared the right is of VP Harris. But it does give them a break from the obsessions with Hunter Biden and AOC.
no one is scared of Harris. Her pathetic campaign for the presidential nomination was proof that she is fairly mediocre as a candidate. She also is a poster child of the racial quota protocols of your party

no one is scared of Harris. Her pathetic campaign for the presidential nomination was proof that she is fairly mediocre as a candidate. She also is a poster child of the racial quota protocols of your party

My party? The Republican Party has racial quota protocols? Who knew.

You are terrified of her, which is why you feel the need to constantly tear her down. Okay, maybe not terrified. Just jealous of her success.

My party? The Republican Party has racial quota protocols? Who knew.

You are terrified of her, which is why you feel the need to constantly tear her down. Okay, maybe not terrified. Just jealous of her success.
you're terrified of Trump? you spend far more time whining about Trump-even after a year+ of him being gone from office than I ever spent bashing Harris. and you must be jealous of Trump's success. I certainly am not jealous of Harris. You seem to think that the rest of us lionize politicians as much as you do

you're terrified of Trump? you spend far more time whining about Trump-even after a year+ of him being gone from office than I ever spent bashing Harris. and you must be jealous of Trump's success. I certainly am not jealous of Harris. You seem to think that the rest of us lionize politicians as much as you do

I didn't mention Trump. This thread is about Kamala Harris. Can you ever remove Trump from your brain? Do you go to bed at night screaming out his name while touching yourself?

The Agnew paragraph is in the link. You saying Cheney was a good VP and Quayle was not a bad one is silly. Cite something to back up those claims.
Cheney was an excellent VP. I understand why he was hated--enforcers and fixers frequently are--but saying he was not good at his job is a matter of not looking at the facts. It is not like he was avoiding his duties or undermining the President, both of which Harris is doing.

Quayle and Biden are very comparable as VP. Neither was given responsibility and both have a bit fumble-mouth. This is very typical of Vice presidents through the years, hence not bad.

tbf, American SHOULD be terrified or Trump, Trumpco, and Trumpco customers.

Too many Trumpco customers are so far removed from reality that they are unable to admit that a politician lies.
An electorate who does not live in reality is a real and present danger to America.

imho
obv, ymmv

Too many Trumpco customers are so far removed from reality that they are unable to admit that a politician lies.
An electorate who does not live in reality is a real and present danger to America.

imho
obv, ymmv
oh do tell how Trump caused you so much fear and trembling vs Biden

Another STUPID THREAD, with imbecilic commentary, because they have no idea of what the Constitutional Role of a Vice President is. Others can't face and respect "a woman" being in that role, and some can't respect "a non white person" being in that role, and other can't respect a woman who is a non white person" in that role.

Article I, Section 3.
The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

Aside from breaking tie votes in the Senate and stepping in when the president can’t fulfill his responsibilities, vice presidents have developed these new responsibilities:

• They lead commissions and other efforts on particular topics as a way for the president to show focus on that area.
  • They travel abroad, especially when the president isn’t ready to commit to some sort of deal with another country but wants to send a high-level emissary.
  • They serve as advisers whose loyalties are clearly to the president and not other groups.
  • They perform the lead on any area the President wants them to spearhead or participate in.
  • They go where the President wants them to go, for what ever purpose the President choose to send them for.

The silliness of The thread, is a deep indication of the severe need for Civics Educations in America, it shows how little people know about what a Vice President's Role is.

Will Vysky ever get over his terrifying fear of accomplished women....or African Americans....or African American women?
NO!!! The gender bias and race bias is too deeply ingrained!!! and to see her, as being black and a woman, brings out the extreme rabid bias and bigotry wrapped in racist based prejudiced commentary.

Last edited:
I just did.

Did you fail to read the post you responded to?

🤷
that a politician lies causes you so much butt hurt? claiming 70 million plus voters don't live in reality is a stupid throwaway line that has no value

that a politician lies causes you so much butt hurt? claiming 70 million plus voters don't live in reality is a stupid throwaway line that has no value
Where'd you get the 70 million plus number?

Where'd you get the 70 million plus number?

imho
obv, ymmv
over 70 million voted for Trump. you claim the electorate does not live in reality

over 70 million voted for Trump. you claim the electorate does not live in reality
words mean things

let's start with something simple

"too many" ≠ "all"

I hope that helps clarify some of how my statement differs from your ostensible understanding of what I wrote.

Back
Top Bottom