• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Joe Biden Make the Ten Greatest President's List?

JBG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
So far my list is:
  1. George Washington;
  2. Abe Lincoln;
  3. Harry Truman;
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
  5. Ronald Reagan;
  6. Donald Trump;
  7. Andrew Jackson;
  8. James K. Polk;
  9. John Adams; and
  10. Bill Clinton;
Nine and ten are tied in my opinion. Which one will have to move over for President Joe Biden?

Hard to say about Biden. He will have to prove himself. But my list is:

1-George Washington
2-James Madison
3-Thomas Jefferson
4-FDR
5-Abraham Lincoln
6-John Adams
7-JFK
8-Woodrow Wilson
9-Theodore Roosevelt
10-William Howard Taft

I have mixed feelings about Ronald Reagan- he did some good but he also exploded the deficits (Dick Cheney: “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter”) and started the destruction of the middle class- something whose effects and repercussions we are seeing to this day.

More recent presidents- it’s hard to say. I think some time has to pass before history can make more sober and objective judgments on them. I suspect Obama is going to be up there eventually.

So far my list is:
  1. George Washington;
  2. Abe Lincoln;
  3. Harry Truman;
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
  5. Ronald Reagan;
  6. Donald Trump;
  7. Andrew Jackson;
  8. James K. Polk;
  9. John Adams; and
  10. Bill Clinton;
Nine and ten are tied in my opinion. Which one will have to move over for President Joe Biden?
Probably not. I haven't seen a "greatest" president in my lifetime. So, I have no reason to expect Joe to make the cut.

Abe
FDR

It's a short list.

1-George Washington
2-James Madison
3-Thomas Jefferson
4-FDR
5-Abraham Lincoln
6-John Adams
7-JFK
8-Woodrow Wilson
9-Theodore Roosevelt
10-William Howard Taft

I have mixed feelings about Ronald Reagan- he did some good but he also exploded the deficits (Dick Cheney: “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter”) and started the destruction of the middle class- something whose effects and repercussions we are seeing to this day.

More recent presidents- it’s hard to say. I think some time has to pass before history can make more sober and objective judgments on them. I suspect Obama is going to be up there eventually.
Iran-Contra was so egregiously unconstitutional that it eliminated Reagan from the discussion.

Probably...but then, that's like asking if Obama will ever get a Peace Prize.

So far my list is:
  1. George Washington;
  2. Abe Lincoln;
  3. Harry Truman;
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
  5. Ronald Reagan;
  6. Donald Trump;
  7. Andrew Jackson;
  8. James K. Polk;
  9. John Adams; and
  10. Bill Clinton;

No but he doesn't HAVE to make that list.
He just has to do a decent job.
And while that may not put him on any of these lists, doing a decent job will put him on a lot of people's own "internal" lists.

I give up. Where would you put Clinton?

Truth be told, I've never really given it much thought. I'd put Clinton and Reagan at about the same level, fairly high up - they're really the only two Presidents I'd call "successful" over the last 50 years.

No but he doesn't HAVE to make that list.
He just has to do a decent job.
And while that may not put him on any of these lists, doing a decent job will put him on a lot of people's own "internal" lists.
He'll probably go on the same list as William Henry Harrison, Zach Taylor or James Garfield; he'll surrender to Harris sooner rather than later.

He'll probably go on the same list as William Henry Harrison, Zach Taylor or James Garfield; he'll surrender to Harris sooner rather than later.

What the cinnamon-toast **** theory is that based on?

So far my list is:
  1. George Washington;
  2. Abe Lincoln;
  3. Harry Truman;
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
  5. Ronald Reagan;
  6. Donald Trump;
  7. Andrew Jackson;
  8. James K. Polk;
  9. John Adams; and
  10. Bill Clinton;
Donald Trump?
64-647127_smiley-lol-emoticon-laughter-clip-art-laughing-emoji.jpg

1-George Washington
2-James Madison
3-Thomas Jefferson
4-FDR
5-Abraham Lincoln
6-John Adams
7-JFK
8-Woodrow Wilson
9-Theodore Roosevelt
10-William Howard Taft

New poll ranks Obama as best all-time US President, Trump ranked as worst

Probably...but then, that's like asking if Obama will ever get a Peace Prize.
Obama DID!

64-647127_smiley-lol-emoticon-laughter-clip-art-laughing-emoji.jpg

Reactions: JBG
Here’s my top 10 in chronological order

Washington
Jefferson
Jackson
Lincoln
Roosevelt
Wilson
FDR
Truman
Eisenhower
Reagan

If Biden makes it through one term he'll qualify for the top thirty list. Just on timing. But he's still miles ahead of Trump.

So far my list is:
  1. George Washington;
  2. Abe Lincoln;
  3. Harry Truman;
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
  5. Ronald Reagan;
  6. Donald Trump;
  7. Andrew Jackson;
  8. James K. Polk;
  9. John Adams; and
  10. Bill Clinton;
Maybe Grant after Lincoln, maybe FDR, Teddy and Jefferson, Biden would be trying for #7.

Biden saved our ***es from the meanie Trump at the start of the first Tribulation (2020-2026).

If he rides it out right, he'll be a rock star. It is very hard for a President to become a rock star, but he would be a rock star.

It depends on who writes the list. I expect that for many members of the Democrat Party he's already on it.

New poll ranks Obama as best all-time US President, Trump ranked as worst

Yeah maybe. There tends to be a bias toward current events and people- because obviously things happening right now seem much more serious and real to us than stuff that happened a long time ago. It just seems odd that the best and worse ever would be the two most recent ones. I am sure that in a poll the pandemic today would seem much more serious than the pandemic of 1918 too, or WWI, or the civil war, or the British Invasion of 1812. Because it’s happening to us and it’s not just stuff in some boring old history book. That’s why I was saying that we should probably be steering clear of making judgments on more current presidents until it can be done in the more sober and objective light of history.

But with that being said, I can’t imagine that in the light of history, Donald Trump would not be considered among the most small-minded, ignorant (and proudly so), mendacious, narcissistic, and corrupt presidents ever. I can’t even think of a close second right now.

Back
Top Bottom