• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ will return before your death?

• Total voters
Islam and Judaism is closer imo than Christianity and Islam.
To be close to Christians God, an acceptance of Jesus as Son of God is needed which would never happen for Muslims or Jews.

Easier to accept him as the son of God than to accept him as being God himself. At least it is easier for me, a hard polytheist.

Christian believer's have always believed Jesus's return was just right around the corner. I remember in my youth the preacher's screaming that the end times are near and Jesus would be returning in our lifetime's. Some of those guys are dead now. Ooops... I suspect in a hundred years they will be screaming the same.

In 1000 years I'm sure religion will STILL be preaching "The End is Nigh" but most likely the god will be different one altogether (as history continually repeats itself as god get's re-invented)

Such belief is necessary to keep the religion industry alive.

Last edited:
There are likely a lot of nutcases roaming around during my lifetime, thinking they are Jesus Christ.

No, but that's only because I'm gonna die next Tuesday, and he's not scheduled to arrive until Wednesday.

No. People can't come back to life after being dead for 2000 years.

How does it not if you don't believe in the religion? If you answer "no" it doesn't disqualify the claim of return. The question is clearly geared to christains only.

You give weight to the religious belief involuntarily with ether answer.

It's not only Christians that believe Christ will return....have you not read the discussion?

Hrm, I think it is arrogant to assume all agree this god is coming back or was ever here. It is not arrogance to question the viability of this poll to accommodate all who answer yes the god is coming back before I die.. or No he will come after I die.

You should not be upset I don't find the line of questioning accommodating. I have only said that it is a christian or muslim only pole. (if there are other religions that also believe this I apologise for not mentioning.)

I am not being arrogant by suggesting the pole is not compliant to what I think.

Then perhaps you should file an equal opportunity complaint because someone created a poll that, in your mind, disregards your beliefs. Or, you can stay out of it all together.

Jesus has already returned and is hiding among the cast of Jersey Shore.

Last edited:
Then perhaps you should file an equal opportunity complaint because someone created a poll that, in your mind, disregards your beliefs. Or, you can stay out of it all together.

I don't care to file any sort of complaint. The poll taker should be aware that people do not believe in this god necessarily. I should not have to defend my position one bit.

I don't care to file any sort of complaint. The poll taker should be aware that people do not believe in this god necessarily. I should not have to defend my position one bit.

Just like no one has to defend their position to you.

If you aren't a christian or muslim then your answer is probably "no". Jesus, what is so hard about this?

Just like no one has to defend their position to you.

but I have to defend my objections to the poll? Seems to me the arrogance is deligated by the faithful.. the unfaithful have to make arguments for their case.

If you aren't a christian or muslim then your answer is probably "no". Jesus, what is so hard about this?

The answer "no" still implies I believe.. this god will return after I die.

I honestly don't understand why this position I'm taking is so hard to understand. A reply of ether yes or no indicates the said thing exists, so it is logical to assume based on the question, that all who answer are religious.

edit: wording

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why this position I'm taking is so hard to understand. A reply of ether yes or no indicates the said thing exists, so it is logical to assume based on the question, that all who answer are religious.

Then don't answer.

Then don't answer.

Then specify in the question who is being asked.

Edit: I did not make a choice based on my observations. I did not vote.

Are you an accountant or are you always this anal retentive?

Why has it not occurred to you that you don't have to answer it?

Are you an accountant or are you always this anal retentive?

It is imperative that the question being asked in a poll is all inclusive. Otherwise the pole is unrepresentative of the thing being quantified. In other words the question should have been directed towards a specific demography. The poll is not a universal question, therefore it should be subject to critical observation.

Why has it not occurred to you that you don't have to answer it?

When I read the question, none of the given multiple choice answers are appropriate for me.

Edit:I did not answer the question.

Last edited:
It is imperative that the question being asked in a poll is all inclusive. Otherwise the pole is unrepresentative of the thing being quantified. In other words the question should have been directed towards a specific demography. The poll is not a universal question, therefore it should be subject to critical observation.
Holy ****!! That is a definite yes to my question.

Shouldn't you get back to counting cracks in the sidewalk or something?
:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom