• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will it help or hurt Trump more politically to pardon those convicted of seditious conspiracy?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We have the first two persons convicted of seditious conspiracy who were involved in January 6th. Trump has said if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot. So do you think that making that promise as part of his campaign, will it help or hurt him more politically, especially those who have been convicted of seditious conspiracy against the United States?

We have the first two persons convicted of seditious conspiracy who were involved in January 6th. Trump has said if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot. So do you think that making that promise as part of his campaign, will it help or hurt him more politically, especially those who have been convicted of seditious conspiracy against the United States?
I suggest trump worry about his own heinie.

It would hurt. Despite what some people think most conservative republicans were as appalled by Jan 6th as liberals.

Its a moot issue. I believe Trumpmania is a gone by phenomena. He in my opinion did a good job as president but he's severely damaged goods. He's far too divisive to lead a nation. Ironically the only candidate that gives him a shot (if he clears the primaries) is Biden. Trump gives Biden the best shot of winning. They really do need each other to have a chance. If Biden doesn't run they'll be a twenty car pile up. Harris will be the first to get run over.

Only a little harm will come of it---------------harm to the nation will be much worse

I would hope that if he is still talking about 1/6 during the 2024 campaign people will totally turn him off. You would think that Republicans will not be lemmings and follow him off the cliff.

Well, if Trump is stupid enough to pardon people chanting "Kill him with his own gun" in reference to a police officer these "patriots" were looking to harm then Trump, nor any of his enablers / supporters (including those here,) can claim to be pro law enforcement ever again.

Can you give me a quote of Trump saying..."if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot."?

If you can't, then your entire thread is based on a lie.

Let's see what you got?

Can you give me a quote of Trump saying..."if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot."?

Let's see what you got?

"I will tell you, I will look very, very favorably about full pardons. If I decide to run and if I win, I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons," Trump said on Wendy Bell Radio Thursday, adding: "We'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can't let that happen. ... And I mean full pardons with an apology to many."

Let's see what you got?

Let's see what you got?
Before he even LEFT the Oval Office

“If it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly,” Trump said during a Texas rally over the weekend.

It would hurt. Despite what some people think most conservative republicans were as appalled by Jan 6th as liberals.

Its a moot issue. I believe Trumpmania is a gone by phenomena. He in my opinion did a good job as president but he's severely damaged goods. He's far too divisive to lead a nation. Ironically the only candidate that gives him a shot (if he clears the primaries) is Biden. Trump gives Biden the best shot of winning. They really do need each other to have a chance. If Biden doesn't run they'll be a twenty car pile up. Harris will be the first to get run over.

What would it 'hurt?' He's not getting re-elected anyway but even if he did, he wouldnt be eligible for another term. And knowing that...he wouldnt give a shit...there would be nothing for him to get out of it.

From Reuters...

"Another thing we'll do, and so many people have been asking me about it, if I run and if I win, we will treat those people from Jan. 6 fairly," Trump said to applause. "We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons we will give them pardons. Because they are being treated so unfairly."​

Sorry...but that is not what the OP stated.

From CNN...

“I will tell you, I will look very, very favorably about full pardons. If I decide to run and if I win, I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons,” Trump said on Wendy Bell Radio Thursday, adding: “We’ll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can’t let that happen. … And I mean full pardons with an apology to many.”​

From CNN...

“If it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly,”​

And just to remind y'all what the OP stated...

"if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot."

independentusa...When are you going to stop lying?​

Thread dismissed because it is based on a lie.

Let's see what you got?

From Reuters...

"Another thing we'll do, and so many people have been asking me about it, if I run and if I win, we will treat those people from Jan. 6 fairly," Trump said to applause. "We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons we will give them pardons. Because they are being treated so unfairly."​

From CNN...

“I will tell you, I will look very, very favorably about full pardons. If I decide to run and if I win, I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons,” Trump said on Wendy Bell Radio Thursday, adding: “We’ll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can’t let that happen. … And I mean full pardons with an apology to many.”​

From CNN...

“If it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly,”​

And just to remind y'all what the OP stated...

"if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot."

independentusa...When are you going to stop lying?​

Thread dismissed because it is based on a lie.
What’s the substantial difference between what the OP said and what Trump said?

Trying to understand

I think it hurts with independents and perhaps moderate republicans.
They were convicted by a jury of their peers. Fair and square.

What’s the substantial difference between what the OP said and what Trump said?

Trying to understand
sigh...

What the OP said is ENTIRELY different from anything Trump has said.

"if he is reelected, he will pardon all of those "patriots' who were found guilty of taking part of the riot or the planning of the riot."​

Trump didn't say that at all.

Again...here's what Trump said...

"We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons we will give them pardons.​

Now...can you see the difference between what Trump said and what the OP said?

If traitor trump were president again, we'd have much more to worry about than that.

Hurt him with patriotic Americans, help him with his unamerican base.

From the Reuters link.

"We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons we will give them pardons. Because they are being treated so unfairly."
The last statement qualifies the concept of a pardon.

The CNN quotes above is even more straightforward about granting pardons and with apologies for many.

tRump has made it clear what he intends to do.

At least as clear as tRump can make it.

It's his style to always leave wiggle room in anything he says.

Mr. Trump will never be in a position to pardon anyone else.

He can only hope that a kindly (and courageous) Democratic (or Republican) President pardons him,

Will it help or hurt Trump more politically to pardon those convicted of seditious conspiracy?​

Geezuz....Trump could only pardon them from the WH. If he were to get back there "hurting him" politically would sort of be OFF THE TABLE!

Why would he care? He can only serve one more term. Trump without another chance to run is a dangerous man.

Trump won’t even be nominated in 2024 let alone become president. If you equate Trump’s very favorable rating to being avid Trump supporters, that down to 45% in the Republican Party. Down 20 points since January when Trump was at 65% very favorable within the GOP.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/h45mt3xoby/econTabReport.pdf

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/ld46rgtdlz/econTabReport.pdf

A lot of Republicans are opening their eyes, seeing Trump has cost them election after election as independents don’t like the man, the person, the individual, Trump himself. Trump has caused the Republican Party to lose the independent vote in 2018, 2020, 2022. Today, Ron DeSantis has a higher very favorable rating at 49% among Republicans than Trump. Trump is on his way out. Many Republicans are tired of losing, losing the house in 2018, losing the presidency and the senate in 2020 and now the very poor showing in 2022 because of Trump and his chosen candidate. Trump’s a has been, but Trump himself, his avid followers and most Democrats don’t realize that yet. Time for all to open their eyes. It’s DeSantis that is on the way up, Trump going down.

He doesn't have to actually p[rdon them. He can just think it and it will happen.

Back
Top Bottom