• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

• I don't give a damn. Bring on war with the left.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is what democrats thinks inciting is:

From the January 6th speech

We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you.

We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

We all saw the months long "Steal the Election" show.

You can't take a remark here and a remark there which were thrown in just to have plausible deniability and think we missed the rest.

How's this defense working in Congress today?

About the way one would expect,. The only folks buying your story are the ones determined to believe. They will believe anything from anyone who tells them they are not losers.

Just a question for you. What about false propaganda about Trump and Russian collusion that was pushed by the democrats and the media for years.
There is a long list of democrats that should be impeached for their sorry conduct. Lies over and over. Trying to remove the legally elected president.
There is a difference between false propaganda based on nothing but wishful thinking, and reasonable suspicion of collusion based on (1) an acknowledged meeting in Trump Tower with a Russian agent for dirt on Clinton, (2) open comments made by Trump encouraging Russian hacking of Clinton, and (3) proof that Russian interfered in the election to benefit Trump. The 2020 election fraud theory has no more legs to it than birtherism, the Q pedophile theory, or the idea that 9/11 was a hoax. And we will never have unity when that kind of misinformation continues to spread.

It's clear to many that president-elect Biden hasn't done a thing to bring the country together to unite and heal. If he was truly interested, he would discouraged this morning's political shit show.
Repeating feel good platitudes about bringing forth unity and healing are cheap.
He has to walk the walk...

Like I said, he should have discouraged Impeachment II for unity and healing to happen.
The left has made a big mistake with Impeachment II... all it's doing is empowering the people on the right to become even stronger in commitment to prevail and to be heard.

It's clear that the stoking the fire Democrats are the puppet masters of Biden. All they are doing is what they did for the last four grueling years... Resist, resist, impeach, resist, divide, resist, resist, impeach. These crazy grandstanding bastards are fooling no one in their unending thirst for power and control.

And then, some wonder why someone like DJT rose to power... Do these fools ever look in the mirror?

I am not sure that President Trump should be impeached. If there is another route that could be use to ban him from future public office I would be open to it.
Trump's rhetoric has been derisive over the years.

So what would you have any President do to unify the country and heal it from the event of 1/6/2021?

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?
No Justice, No Peace.

You cannot have unity when one side flaunts our laws. Trump is the most corrupt criminal president in the history of this country and if he is not held accountable no president in the history of this country will every be able to be held accountable again.

This is what democrats thinks inciting is:

From the January 6th speech

We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you.

We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
No one in America thinks we can convince the cult anymore. Everyone else is going to have to come together without you guys.

And I am so encouraged by the republicans who are standing up-and-doing the right thing.

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?
Other.
Impeaching Trump is just one step on the road to recovery, if recovery is even possible.

But without accountability, you cannot have healing.

So it's not just Trump, but also other persons who aided or caused the harm that occurred under his administration.
And definitely people, including elected representatives, who aided in the capitol attack.

Accountability.

There cannot be peace without justice.

Why in the world do we need to do anything to meet the Trump mob in the middle? Justice will take care of them, each and every invader of the Capitol will be hunted down like the dogs they are and charged with a federal crime. As for the elected officials who supported Trumps last erection, they too will feel the pain as they become marginalized and dealt with harshly by both chambers. Pay back is a ...

ErnqwnoXUAEPq3N
Is this your plea that two wrongs make a right?

Or is this you pretending that the attack on the Capitol, was not incited by a guy who said to ‘you cant take back your country with weakness’ and only said that there should be ‘no violence’ SIX DAYS after the violent mob he incited killed a cop and injured many, while NOT LIFTING A FINGER TO HELP despite multiple pleas during the violence?

Its a sick cult.

I don't believe it will heal or unite. I think it is necessary because the man cannot continue to be above the law.

I have no idea if it will make it better or worse, just feel it has to be done.

So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?
It'll sure unite me!! and those who stand tall for justice.

As far as I am concerned, when equal justice is served all the time a nation stands to unite.

No.

It'll sure unite me!! and those who stand tall for justice.

As far as I am concerned, when equal justice is served all the time a nation stands to unite.

Very good point. The impeachment is uniting Democrats like never before. Fiscally conservative Democrats... Green New Deal progressive Democrats... those who feel the Bern.... they're all 100% united and standing together (along with some Republicans) in unity. In that sense, this is been highly successful so far.

Censure would have been a much more difficult and divisive vote for the GOPs.

If they’re going to have a trial post-Trump, they could have impeached post-Trump.

OK. He's already called us Nazis and called the Capital Police racists. We have your OK to start disrespecting and bashing him now?
If you weren't in the Capitol wearing 6MWNE shirts or other neo-Nazi gear, no one called YOU a Nazi.

It's clear to many that president-elect Biden hasn't done a thing to bring the country together to unite and heal. If he was truly interested, he would discouraged this morning's political shit show.
Repeating feel good platitudes about bringing forth unity and healing are cheap.

Like I said, he should have discouraged Impeachment II for unity and healing to happen.
The left has made a big mistake with Impeachment II... all it's doing is empowering the people on the right to become even stronger in commitment to prevail and to be heard.

It's clear that the stoking the fire Democrats are the puppet masters of Biden. All they are doing is what they did for the last four grueling years... Resist, resist, impeach, resist, divide, resist, resist, impeach. These crazy grandstanding bastards are fooling no one in their unending thirst for power and control.

And then, some wonder why someone like DJT rose to power... Do these fools ever look in the mirror?

"On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic.

"Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

"I will vote to impeach the President."

If they’re going to have a trial post-Trump, they could have impeached post-Trump.
Censure against a president is what you do when you don't want to impeach, but know you really should.

I dont think it would be more difficult.

I mean, once guy actually got up and agreed Trump incited the riot, but said he wouldnt impeach.

These people aren’t really the sharpest tools in the shed.

One positive is that there will be no Trump 2024.....

Heal yourself first. The right has turned into the the party of anger and hate. Take a breathe, maybe meditate. There will be no healing with attitudes like this.

How about Democrats and Republicans uniting to not impeach Trump out of fear that it will make things worse, because they all want to heal the country and that is more important to them than the emotion of revenge?

I think the motivation at this point is more deterrence than revenge. You wouldn’t want future presidents to get away with such reckless and flagrant flouting of the law in the future, would you? Before you answer, remember: they may even have a D after their name.

Last edited:
We
'Really dealing with a new problem nowm
What? All summer long the left have threatened to let criminals go. In fact, even before that, that was one of their biggest objectives, prisons were overcrowded, we had the highest incarceration rate in the world, and the left wanted to let criminals go. Now, all of a sudden, you have done a 360. Rioters tried to overrun and burn down federal courts in Portland over the summer. Were they called terrorists? Were they accused of trying to overthrow our democracy? Instead lefties paid the fines of those arrested so they could get right back out there and riot the next night.
problem is that's not what happened.

Your entire reality is made up of sound bites and clever edits and persuasive messaging. Your reality is distinct to consumers of your media.

And everybody is tired of it.

So keep it up. You only hasten your relegation to the useful idiot chapter in the history books.

Trump’s ‘movement’ now on Fox.

Those are lies and that is what is dividing the country. The belief and propagation of lies is the most anti-American behavior imaginable. You are being brainwashed.like the Russian people were in the USSR.
Have been for decades, actually.

Back
Top Bottom