• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

• I don't give a damn. Bring on war with the left.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No, but it has to be done.

We can't let the right threaten us into letting criminals go. The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

Trump will no longer be POTUS as of next week (i.e. before any impeachment conviction is possible). If you really think that what Trump did was criminal (as the bolded above seems to indicate) then the correct course of action would be to criminally indict him, hold a trial and let a jury decide.

Simply firing someone from a their government job (e.g. as a police officer) is not, in any way, a suitable punishment for having committed a criminal act while holding that job - in fact, doing so just might result in rioting, looting and/or arson.

Let me know when/if you calm down. Your hate has you ranting.
I don't respect those two preening, cowardly assholes, who sold their integrity for a shot at the nomination in 2024 by capturing the MAGA vote. That's all it was about for them, and they were willing to take a stand that if others agreed would have effectively ended our system of government. They can **** right off with that crap.

FWIW, you lied about what Biden said. He was referring to those two, not you or anyone else, and Biden was right on with his comments.

Trump will no longer be POTUS as of next week (i.e. before any impeachment conviction is possible). If you really think that what Trump did was criminal (as the bolded above seems to indicate) then the correct course of action would be to criminally indict him, hold a trial and let a jury decide.

Simply firing someone from a their government job (e.g. as a police officer) is not, in any way, a suitable punishment for having committed a criminal act while holding that job - in fact, doing so just might result in rioting, looting and/or arson.

On what planet do you live where you think Trump wouldn't be prosecuted for inciting insurrection after he was removed from office?

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four y. ven that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?
Those who came together with Republicans prior to the election did unite. I've got a few Republican friends and we are fine. They agree Trump is a nutball. I've never wanted to impeach or hate any other Republican president before Trump, and I probably won't after.

Impeaching the president for inciting a riot and continually lying about the election to inflame his base into a frenzy. I would do that if we lost and Biden did this. I would want to get rid of any lunatic. It's not meant for uniting or dividing anyone.

Another good option is to impeach him. That leaves the action in the hands of Congress, where the Constitution places this obligation, rather than in the hands of prosecutors, defense attorneys and a jury. Waiting on the criminal justice system to take care of it is the coward's way out.

And if it's not an either/or option. Impeach, the charge and try criminally when out of office is also very possible.

An impeachment is the worst thing that can happen to Trump. If he's convicted it would make him the only President in U.S. history to be impeached, and convicted by the Senate. That kind of shame will live forever in the history books. And it sends a message to the world that the U.S. government, as a body, will not tolerate what Trump did, not ever.

Of course the Senate is highly likely to decide to tell the world - Hey, it looked kind of bad but it's really just FINE WITH WE REPUBLICANS if the President undermines an election result, spreads lies for months, gins up a violent crowd, then does NOTHING to stop them as they are attacking the U.S. Capitol. It should be shocking to us all that for HOURS people were begging everyone around Trump to try to convince Trump to issue something, anything, to tell the crowd to stop the violence, and condemn the violence. Of course it's not shocking - that's who he is. Trump loved every second of it, told the crowd as they're attacking our seat of government that he loved them, and that is why he should be impeached and convicted. He has no honor, and he told us he'd happily watch the country burn, a literal coup, if it meant another four years as President.

Trump has tested the boundaries since he was inaugurated..........this could have been avoided if the puppy’s nose was rubbed in his mess the first time he shat in the house, imo.
Indeed...

Everyone knew he was a psycho, but they let him inside. The agreement you see with him today is out of pure fear. He's terrorized people he works with his whole presidency. Enough already.

I don't respect those two preening, cowardly assholes, who sold their integrity for a shot at the nomination in 2024 by capturing the MAGA vote. That's all it was about for them, and they were willing to take a stand that if others agreed would have effectively ended our system of government. They can **** right off with that crap.

FWIW, you lied about what Biden said. He was referring to those two, not you or anyone else, and Biden was right on with his comments.
So, I'm not part of the Big Lie that is being repeated over and over and over in Goebbles Nazi fashion.? The preening, cowardly assholes leading your party , who sold their integrity to support Biden have been telling us any one that raised any questions are part of the Big Lie. I've raised questions. Several of them. And I repeated them over and over and over. But I'm not part of Biden's big lie? Is that your story?

How the Capital Police? When he called them racist because in his mind they would have treated BLM protestors differently. Was he talking some other preening, cowardly assholes tasked with protecting the Capital?

On what planet do you live where you think Trump wouldn't be prosecuted for inciting insurrection after he was removed from office?

The planet which realizes that Trump will no longer be in office next week with or without an impeachment conviction.

no, because nothing outside of a space alien attack will. however, it will make future presidents think twice about inciting insurrections.

Trump did not incite an insurrection, but even though you baselessly and without evidence assert he did, you’re really arguing it will make a future president take steps to ensure that it’s an actual insurrection and not a cosplay with Viking helmets.

Trump did not incite an insurrection, but even though you baselessly and without evidence assert he did, you’re really arguing it will make a future president take steps to ensure that it’s an actual insurrection and not a cosplay with Viking helmets.
He didn’t just do it... HES DOING IT RIGHT NOW.

didn't read past the first sentence, as it was bullshit.

What? All summer long the left have threatened to let criminals go. In fact, even before that, that was one of their biggest objectives, prisons were overcrowded, we had the highest incarceration rate in the world, and the left wanted to let criminals go. Now, all of a sudden, you have done a 360. Rioters tried to overrun and burn down federal courts in Portland over the summer. Were they called terrorists? Were they accused of trying to overthrow our democracy? Instead lefties paid the fines of those arrested so they could get right back out there and riot the next night.

They weren't accused of trying to overthrow our democracy becsuse they didn't attack the Capitol when there was an election being certified - with the expressed purpose of stopping the election.

The Capitol building is slightly more important than Target.

I don't know. There really wasn't any hope of removing Trump from office last time he was impeached and I think it did divide the country more. This time I think there is hope, and if senate Democrats and Republican unite together to remove him from office, I think that could also help unite the country. Either way it's a gamble that might not pay off.
Is there something I'm missing? President Trump will be gone in seven days.

Conclusion: This charade is not even close to being about removing a president.

So, I'm not part of the Big Lie that is being repeated over and over and over in Goebbles Nazi fashion.? The preening, cowardly assholes leading your party , who sold their integrity to support Biden have been telling us any one that raised any questions are part of the Big Lie. I've raised questions. Several of them. And I repeated them over and over and over. But I'm not part of Biden's big lie? Is that your story?
Biden specifically referenced Cruz and Hawley. If you want to be included in that group, fine with me. I really don't care.

How the Capital Police? When he called them racist because in his mind they would have treated BLM protestors differently. Was he talking some other preening, cowardly assholes tasked with protecting the Capital?
If you guys didn't have BUTWHATABOUT?? and BOTH SIDES!! you'd be lost. This thread is about impeaching Trump, and you can't defend Trump so you're pointing fingers everywhere else but the topic of the OP and the sitting POTUS, who crapped on the office, the country and deserves to be impeached.

They were never Trumpers. Yes, they are traitors by joining on board with values that are totally opposite to what they believe in. And, they will not be allowed to sway Biden's policies to the center. They will be used by Biden to help sway Republicans to accept liberal policies. So, yes, they are traitors to conservatism. If they didn't like Trump they could have just remained silent instead of helping elect the enemy.
Helping the enemy! You consider those who don't follow your beliefs to the letter are the enemy, this makes you a hypocrite of the first order, saying you want to heal the country while name calling the opposition. I think Biden is showing admirable bi-partisanship in reaching out to those republicans who are willing to do the same.
And if you have been following politics for more than a week, you should know Biden tracks pretty close to center of the political spectrum, doubt he will be dragging anyone to the far left.

Is there something I'm missing? President Trump will be gone in seven days.

Conclusion: This charade is not even close to being about removing a president.
Well, impeachment does two things. Since the Senate is waiting until after inauguration for the trial, Trump knows anything he does to incite violence or support his violent MAGA mob, or any other reckless bullshit will result in the first ever conviction of a President in U.S. history, and that should restrain Trump.

Even without that, impeachment strips Trump of all the perks of office post presidency, which is a good thing. We as taxpayers should not have to pay for his security, or permanent office space, or his pension, and he doesn't deserve to be in the ranks of former Presidents in good standing. He betrayed the office and the country last week and that should come with a heavy price, and impeachment and conviction is a heavy price.

Bactacha Not even going to attempt an answer?
No. You don't have a grasp of what happened. Bring more than hypothetical questions.

Biden specifically referenced Cruz and Hawley. If you want to be included in that group, fine with me. I really don't care.

Like I said, the faithful really don't give a **** what Biden says - including calling those that oppose him Nazis.

If you guys didn't have BUTWHATABOUT?? and BOTH SIDES!! you'd be lost. This thread is about impeaching Trump, and you can't defend Trump so you're pointing fingers everywhere else but the topic of the OP and the sitting POTUS, who crapped on the office, the country and deserves to be impeached.

LOL read the OP Helen. It's not about Trump, it's about Healing and Uniting the country. You know, your guy's campaign slogan for the past eight months. But thanks for confirming my thesis that even the faithful don't listen to or give a **** what Biden says. You funny.

No. You don't have a grasp of what happened. Bring more than hypothetical questions.
??? nothing hypothetical

I'll ask again - How do you know these people that crossed the border with these children were their parents?

And if your children were "kidnapped" and you knew exactly who had them and exactly where they were, and they offered to give you your children back, you wouldn't go and get them? Nothing hypothetical there - that's exactly what you are claiming the truth is. That these parent's have not come forward to claim their children

Like I said, the faithful really don't give a **** what Biden says - including calling those that oppose him Nazis.

LOL read the OP Helen. It's not about Trump, its about Healing and Uniting the country. You know, your guy's campaign slogan for the past eight months. But thanks for confirming my thesis that even the faithful don't listen to or give a **** what Biden says. You funny.
He did not call those that "oppose him" Nazis. That is a lie. Lots of people opposed him. He used a Nazi analogy to refer to TWO named individuals - Cruz and Hawley - who were repeating a Big Lie.

Again, if you want to lump yourself in with those gutless, preening cowards who sold their integrity for a shot at the MAGA vote in 2024, I do not care.

Seems you're joining several of your fellow travelers arguing that Biden is not the leader of your party. And yes it is your party leading the impeachment.
The president elect has no say in the impeachment process, and when he takes office he will still have no say in the impeachment process.

Back
Top Bottom