• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

• I don't give a damn. Bring on war with the left.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No. But its a good first step. Will take time and effort to undo the damage wrought by Trump and his supporters.

If you weren't in the Capitol wearing 6MWNE shirts or other neo-Nazi gear, no one called YOU a Nazi.
Cracks me up that even the failthful don't listen to the shit this asshole spews.

"They’re part of the big lie,” Biden said. He soon added, “Goebbels and the great lie. You keep repeating the lie, repeating the lie.”

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

I think Biden is naive if he thinks he can heal the country.

You guys talked about owning libs for 4 years, you guys don't want unity.

BTW....Trump just called off the attack!

The President killed their parents? How in the hell did I miss that? Damn
If you are kidnapped from your parents by an organized entity that purposefully does nothing to enable you to be returned to your parents, how would you describe their position? Nice deflection though, are you admitting R's have less soul than D's? Can't see any examples to deny it.

No impeachment is merely the surgery to get rid of the cancer. the healing takes place over time and takes a lot of effort.

I get the impression that the rueful trumplicans think "healing and uniting" is this simple

qZgRr9u.png

And hung out his truest believers in the process.

The most die hard Trump supporters broke into the Capital and Trump just said they aren't "No true supporters of him would do this". He's betrayed his biggest supporters to protect himself legally. What a sad day to be a Trump supporter.

If you are kidnapped from your parents by an organized entity that purposefully does nothing to enable you to be returned to your parents, how would you describe their position? Nice deflection though, are you admitting R's have less soul than D's? Can't see any examples to deny it.
And how do you know these people that crossed the border with these children were their parents?

And if your children were "kidnapped" and you knew exactly who had them and exactly where they were, and they offered to give you your children back, you wouldn't go and get them?

Sorry Mrjurr, you story smells like week old fish.

When they say "heal and unite," remind them...

And how do you know these people that crossed the border with these children were their parents?

And if your children were "kidnapped" and you knew exactly who had them and exactly where they were, and they offered to give you your children back, you wouldn't go and get them?

Sorry Mrjurr, you story smells like week old fish.
You are a perfect example of why R's are where they are today, unable to accept facts about what IS happening in the world.

Heal yourself first. The right has turned into the the party of anger and hate. Take a breathe, maybe meditate. There will be no healing with attitudes like this.
Where is the irony meter when we need it most? Lol!

Mitch has ducked it until after the inauguration, and now the optics will be that the mean Democrat Senate piled onto Trump.

Who ever could have seen that coming?

It seems to me Mitch McConnell is playing the shrewdest game right now, while the Dems are celebrating by getting high on their own farts (again.)

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

It won't heal and unite the country, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The other option would be letting him off the hook for sedition .

There is no healing crazy. I"ve never seen a group of people with such a big chip on their collective shoulders. We don't like trump lost so we are going to start a violent insurrection as the last resort. This will not change if people are not held accountable.

You are a perfect example of why R's are where they are today, unable to accept facts about what IS happening in the world.
Bactacha Not even going to attempt an answer?

Censure would have been a much more difficult and divisive vote for the GOPs.

If they’re going to have a trial post-Trump, they could have impeached post-Trump.

censor is only useful if the person being censured is honestly regretful for their actions and apologetic. trump is neither of those.

Most amazing part of this poll: As of now:

zero righties said, "I don't give a damn, bring on a war with the left"

4 lefties said, "I don't give a damn, bring on war with the right"

While 35 said this will not unite or heal the country and 5 amazingly said impeaching Trump will unite the country. I'd like those five to explain to me how all of those Trump supporters will feel united and healed after a Trump impeachment.

Cracks me up that even the failthful don't listen to the shit this asshole spews.
Unless your name is Cruz or Hawley, he wasn't referring to YOU. He was talking about those two shameless, pandering, lying cowards who are repeating the LIE that the election was stolen and led the Senate effort to block the vote certification. What's worst for those two is they are not in fact certifiable idiots. Some on Congress have that as a legit excuse, but these two pricks are actually intelligent and know better, and we all know they know better.

Those two worthless, preening assholes are just upset that their reckless LIES fed that mob, and now they're acting all SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU that they're facing a torrent of criticism for their actions.

censor is only useful if the person being censured is honestly regretful for their actions and apologetic. trump is neither of those.
More to the point, a censure is a nothing. There is no cost to it, and it's not a real punishment and it sure as hell isn't a deterrent to the next guy who doesn't want to leave office and so tries like heck to have his VP and a friendly Congress throw out the entire U.S. election and have his buddies anoint him President for another term.

It's a coward's way out, which is of course why the GOP is pushing this as the alternative to impeachment. Trump doesn't care about a censure, which will be forgotten in about a month. Who else has been censured by the House? No one knows or cares. Who has been IMPEACHED is different - anyone paying attention to history can name them all, at least in the past 100 years. Clinton, Trump, Trump. That's it.

So these gutless cowards want to have something on the record that they don't in fact approve of the President of the United States ginning up a violent mob, and doing NOTHING as this mob is attacking the U.S. Capitol, as it's in session, but are so scared of the MAGA contingent that they don't want to vote for impeachment. So, now, they're on the record with a vote saying it's in fact FINE with them what Trump did. We should never forget those votes.

Unless your name is Cruz or Hawley, he wasn't referring to YOU. He was talking about those two shameless, pandering, lying cowards who are repeating the LIE that the election was stolen and led the Senate effort to block the vote certification. What's worst for those two is they are not in fact certifiable idiots. Some on Congress have that as a legit excuse, but these two pricks are actually intelligent and know better, and we all know they know better.

Those two worthless, preening assholes are just upset that their reckless LIES fed that mob, and now they're acting all SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU that they're facing a torrent of criticism for their actions.
Let me know when/if you calm down. Your hate has you ranting.

Trump hoisted his own petard.

This isn't about healing the nation.

This is about Trump inciting an insurrection and attempting to overturn by criminal acts the results of a legitimate election.

Back
Top Bottom