• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

• I don't give a damn. Bring on war with the left.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He promised to unite Americans. Probably most Democrats were behind this as well. Then January 6th happened, and I think many--perhaps most--changed their minds. And by Trump losing the Senate in addition to the House and the Oval Office, they also realized that Republicans need Democrats a lot more than Democrats need Republicans now, so why sue for peace with a group that wants to kill you? Why should Democrats treat Republicans any differently than they were treated by Republicans these last 12 years? Why should they compromise on policy, on Supreme Court, etc. when frankly they no longer have any incentive to? What's the worst that can happen?
Make you a deal, We will give Biden every bit of respect and treat him no differently than the Democrats treated President Trump. Deal?

Impeach, Indict, Incarcerate and heal. I like that.

It is now very obvious how dangerous he is to our country. If a politician does not disavow him now they will never be trusted by the country again.

Hey, they didn't orphan over 500 children because they were too incompetent to take down parent information. You want to compare souls of D's and R's? What is worse than what I just added?
The President killed their parents? How in the hell did I miss that? Damn

I chose other because my answer is that it won't unite the country but it will have a net positive effect on society. Politicians always use sensational language to manipulate people into voting for them, but Trump's unrelenting demonization of anyone who opposes him and insistence on mainstreaming conspiracy theories is beyond the pale. Having a leader that doesn't view a camera or social media as an outlet to spew hate will lower the temperature in the country. A successful impeachment will be a genuine refutation of Trump and the hatred he stands for.

Make you a deal, We will give Biden every bit of respect and treat him no differently than the Democrats treated President Trump. Deal?
If Biden behaves like Trump then I agree.

Deal. In fact that's fine and indeed expected. You see, it means that Biden will at least be treated better than you treated Obama, which is why it's fine. And it's expected because, well, he's white.

Biden isn't the one impeaching Trump, congress is. And they have a right to.

But, but, but....

ANTIFA! ANTIFA!

Antifa is the blame for the insurrection. Antifa stormed the capital! All those people at Trump's hate rally were Antifa! Antifa operatives are trying to impeach our Dear Leader!

ErnqwnoXUAEPq3N

If Biden behaves like Trump then I agree.
OK. He's already called us Nazis and called the Capital Police racists. We have your OK to start disrespecting and bashing him now?

Until every major player in the insurrection, and every politician that gave it tacit support by stirring the pot, and voted against certification (even though they knew there was no material fraud) is arrested and convicted, there can be no unity or healing.

OK. He's already called us Nazis and called the Capital Police racists. We have your OK to start disrespecting and bashing him now?
So you were in the capital.

Your respect is of no value.

Let's establish a "unity baseline".

The first step is for the Trump fans to unify with the rest of the country behind this fact. Joe Biden was duly elected as President of the United States in a free and fair election.

If they aren't willing to take that step, then the calls for unity are just more Trumpian garbage.

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

It will do nothing either way. There is no dividing this country any further than what Republicans have done. Their partisan foolishness and stupidity is the cause of what happened on January 6th. The only question is whether or not Republicans approve of this conduct. Clearly, the majority do. Are you watching their "debates?" Their defense for Trump is clearly a means to defend their own treachery, because if he is a traitor, so are they.

Republicans are pushing the lie that impeaching a traitorous piece of garbage will divide the country further. How pathetic. Never mind that dividing this country largely began in 2008 when a black man "from Africa" dared to get elected and McConnell, Boehner, and Ryan created the "Party of No" for the next eight years. Never mind that they never held Trump accountable, from secret meetings with Russians during a campaign that saw Russian interference, to later asking Ukraine to interfere on his behalf. These obtuse cowards wanted him re-elected on November 3rd; and when he lost they immediately dove into creating yet another conspiracy theory against Democrats and "the left" to further divide this country. Now, they seek to rationalize their way around exactly what all those years culminated into and what we all witnessed on January 6th. They have even gone as far as to promote, yet again, another conspiracy that what we all saw was actually Antifa. And these are the people who accuse Democrat of dividing the country? These snakes even divide up their own Party into "real" Republicans and "rinos."

Thus, even without this current and well deserved impeachment, Republicans have every intention to continue their venom and lies about "the left" to create irrational hatred; and every intention to do exactly what they did under Obama: oppose absolutely everything and keep scheming up ways to create a delusion of "us versus them." Sad that their lack of responsibility has them denying the mass of treason within that 74 million people that they created. On November 3rd, they wanted more of this garbage.

Last edited:
Let's establish a "unity baseline".

The first step is for the Trump fans to unify with the rest of the country behind this fact. Joe Biden was duly elected as President of the United States in a free and fair election.

If they aren't willing to take that step, then the calls for unity are just more Trumpian garbage.
AS I said before, we will give Biden every bit of respect shown by the Democrats to President Trump.

"I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president," Lewis told NBC's Chuck Todd during a "Meet the Press" interview set to air on Sunday. The Russians participated in helping this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton

The country can only unite and heal once right-wing political leaders stop encouraging the spread of false propaganda and violence. Impeaching Trump helps send a message that these politicians' conduct is not acceptable, so yes, I think it could be a starting point to helping the country heal. Ideally it will be a unified message.
Just a question for you. What about false propaganda about Trump and Russian collusion that was pushed by the democrats and the media for years.
There is a long list of democrats that should be impeached for their sorry conduct. Lies over and over. Trying to remove the legally elected president.

If we don't impeach a US President for inciting insurrection against the United States then we're ******s.

This is what democrats thinks inciting is:

From the January 6th speech

We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you.

We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

Why do you bring up Good Ole' Joe? He has nothing to do with this. Further, he was against it.

As to you question Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

It will not unite the country but it is a good first step. It helps to legitimize government and erode the belief in all the lies which is taking this country under.

This is what democrats thinks inciting is:

From the January 6th speech

We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you. We love you.

We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
It's bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom