• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

• I don't give a damn. Bring on war with the left.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Biden isn't the one impeaching Trump, congress is. And they have a right to.
Biden could stand up to them and say, we need to unite the country. That is what I ran on in the campaign.

The left pushed election integrity bull for four years.
Hate to tell you but after countless investigations and 70 court cases, the integrity of the election has been established. No Fraud!

The left didn't do that for four years. Why should the right do it after only two months?

I agree. I think the right should get three months, not two, to show they can compromise and be a willing partner in seeking unity. It's now on the right to earn it, and they should be given three months to do so. A good first step would be to support impeachment for sedition. But it's up to the right to choose how to spend the 90 days before the left should then simply move forward with its policy platforms.

It's clear to many that president-elect Biden hasn't done a thing to bring the country together to unite and heal. If he was truly interested, he would discouraged this morning's political shit show....
lol....I love seeing the squirm of butthurt in a desperate post.

But left wing political leaders are free to continue encouraging violence? How does that help heal and unite the country?
Certainly not what I said.

You ignored every word of my post to move the goal posts. I'm not engaging with Both Sides!!/butwhatabout!!! bullshit. Sorry.

And you're lying about Biden, so there is that. But what should we expect? It's not possible for you Trumpers and MAGAs to defend POTUS, so this kind of crap is all you got. MOM! THEY DID IT TOO/FIRST!!!

Grow up. There is no equivalent to what we saw last week and there is no equivalent in American history for Trump's actions spanning two months since the election. That's the issue. Impeachment is about those actions, not what someone else might have done, or some lies you want to make up about Biden.

If you can't comment on the events of last week and the impeachment over those actions and really months before that by TRUMP who is facing impeachment, then please ignore my posts.
Translation: You are OK with rioters attacking police, doing violence, burning down cities, taking over swaths of territory from the police, demanding police be defunded, it's OK for rioters to try overrunning and burnuing down federal court houses (AKA our democracy)

Is he tolerating it or is he calling out the hypocrisy?

He's being a hypocrite too.

All summer long talking about lefties rioting and when he gets the chance to condemn his own side, instead he downplays it and acts like since the left did it, it's okay.

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

Well, I think most members of the party would like that, but the party leadership is necessarily more cutthroat, and they serve their donors, same as the GOP (and often the same donors.)

But Biden said he will unite and heal the country. That is Biden's goal. How is it achieved by impeaching Trump?

It's very simple. By Republicans agreeing to impeach Trump for sedition, and fully supporting it, we will heal and unite the country. It's also the right thing to do. It'll be great. Both parties will repudiate the con man for his crimes, and with his toxic attitudes tossed to the curb, the two parties can begin to collaborate and debate on facts and policy, and step away from pettiness, vindictiveness and cheap shots to score political points. And thus dost Biden Heal Thy Nation.

Now you understand. Yes, it is the fault of Democrats for allowing rioting all summer long, making the right feel like they should get the same treatment. Now, all of a sudden you are against rioting.

Just like, now all of a sudden you are for rioting.

It's only hypocritical if he is OK with what happened on the 6th. Has he said it was OK?
Exactly. I say all rioters all summer long should have been shot and killed on sight as well as rioters on the 6th. Or at least, we should have let law enforcement have a very heavy hand in defending our democracy.

Whenever you guys lose an argument, out comes whataboutism. By just claiming this you are admitting that the all summer long riots equated to the Capitol riots.
They are not the same, but I do think that both were wrong, and I didn't excuse the violence/looting that occurred over the summer. If Biden had supported and egged on those rioters in the same way Trump has, I may have had a conundrum, but fortunately he was not one of those defending that.

What was your position on such violence/looting? Your current position should be at least as fervent against the Capitol riots, which present a much graver threat to democracy than looting, for whatever point you are trying to make about liberal whataboutism to have any credibility.

It would be foolish to vote any other option but "No. This will divide the country even more."

We are already divided in every way possible, tension in this nation is at an awful level, we've already seen an attempt to overthrow Congress, and we know damn well that the far right will use this as a recruitment tool.

All that said there should still be accountability, and the President incited an attempt to halt the Legislative Branch from election certification. They ended up killing an officer, destroyed government property, and took various items from the Capital.

We have no choice, impeachment.

It is amusing watching the left normalize treason all summer long, day after day after day after day.

Shhhh. Your posts smell of disloyalty and treason.

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?
There is in this modern era of our politics, the polarization, the divisiveness, the mega, ultra high partisanship. No healing is possible. No healing is possible as long as both major parties view the other party as this nation's number one enemy out to destroy this nation. For healing to begin we'd have to get back to a time when both major parties respected each other, compromise was always possible, each realized the goals of each party was a secure, free and prosperous America. Those days are 20-30 years behind us if not more.

Healing, not until the leaders of each party stop all the negative, personal attacks in hopes of wooing votes. Not as long as each party employs a divide and conquer strategy in elections, pitting one group of voters against another. All in hope of getting the voter to hate the other candidate more than they hate you. We have to get back to substance in our political campaigns, make them about ideas, possible solutions to our problems, visions of the future. Not about something some candidate did during kinder garden.

We're tearing ourselves apart, neither major party cares as long as they can win an election. The thing is with 20-30 years of constant negative personal attacks against candidates and the other party, the members of each party have come to believe all political propaganda about the other party is true. Mark my word, violence is just beginning as long as we continue down our current path. We're not only tearing ourselves apart the way we conduct our political campaigns full of nothing but negative personal attacks, we sowed the seeds of our own destruction. Seeds sown by both major parties and their political leaders with the no hold bar negative political attacks. We will be destroyed from within, by our own political leaders who seek to make the people hate each other for voting against one or the other political party.

Whether Trump is impeached or not is totally irrelevant to any type of healing. It's too late in the game, the seeds have sprouted and are becoming full bloom. Now we reap what each political party and their leaders have sown.

Biden could stand up to them and say, we need to unite the country. That is what I ran on in the campaign.

Yes, we need to unite the country and show that even the president is not above the law by holding Trump accountable for his insurrection. Trump and his supporters think Trump is above the law.

Now you understand. Yes, it is the fault of Democrats for allowing rioting all summer long, making the right feel like they should get the same treatment. Now, all of a sudden you are against rioting.
Right!!! It's the Democrats' fault that the people who stormed the U.S. Capitol while it was in session thought they could get away with it!! Personal accountability is for suckers!!

And the infection will still be flaming.
True. I'm not sure I ever see the infection of hate in the Democrat's body politic ever abating. It's in the party's soul at this point

I guess Nazis do not quite get that we do not want to unite with them. Oh well, more arrests coming soon.

Exactly. I say all rioters all summer long should have been shot and killed on sight as well as rioters on the 6th. Or at least, we should have let law enforcement have a very heavy hand in defending our democracy.

Yep that FORCED Trump supporters to riot and commit illegal acts by wanting senators dead and storming the capitol to find them. :rolleyes:

Certainly not what I said.
Yes you did, by singling out "right-wing" politicians, you are saying left-wing politicians are free to continue encouraging violence.

Uniting the country is important, but it's not the only thing of importance. If Trump had simply resigned, told his followers that he has conceded and explained to them that while he might have issues with certain aspects of the election he recognizes that Biden won and there wasn't a level of fraud that could change that, then I might be able to find my way to saying lets just let him go on his way and let the nation move on. But he hasn't done that. Not even close. So I don't really see any other option. Actions have consequences.

True. I'm not sure I ever see the infection of hate in the Democrat's body politic ever abating. It's in the party's soul at this point
Hey, they didn't orphan over 500 children because they were too incompetent to take down parent information. You want to compare souls of D's and R's? What is worse than what I just added?

Back
Top Bottom