• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

Will Impeaching Trump Heal And Unite The Country?

• I don't give a damn. Bring on war with the left.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

The country can only unite and heal once right-wing political leaders stop encouraging the spread of false propaganda and violence. Impeaching Trump helps send a message that these politicians' conduct is not acceptable, so yes, I think it could be a starting point to helping the country heal. Ideally it will be a unified message.

I don't know. There really wasn't any hope of removing Trump from office last time he was impeached and I think it did divide the country more. This time I think there is hope, and if senate Democrats and Republican unite together to remove him from office, I think that could also help unite the country. Either way it's a gamble that might not pay off.

The country can only unite and heal once right-wing political leaders stop encouraging the spread of false propaganda and violence. Impeaching Trump helps send a message that these politicians' conduct is not acceptable, so yes, I think it could be a starting point to helping the country heal. Ideally it will be a unified message.

Why didn't the leftist politicians, CNN, MSNBC and people on the left in general condemn the rioters, the looting and burning our cities to the ground instead they in lock step called them peaceful protesters. Your vice president elect in fact praised them and her staff provide bail money as did a lot of their corporate backers.

Biden has said he wants to heal and unite the country. The left have said for four years now how divisive Trump is, implying that they (the Democrats) would be less divisive. So, given that, will impeaching Trump heal and unite the country?

No, but it has to be done.

We can't let the right threaten us into letting criminals go. The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

no, because nothing outside of a space alien attack will. however, it will make future presidents think twice about inciting insurrections.

Impeaching the President is going to anger some of the Trump supporters. If the impeachment is successful in the Senate it could keep Trump from running again. He may then fade away from politics. For some that would be a good thing.

This one action won't "heal" anything, but it must be done. It's the first step. Why? The Trump supporters who attempted a coup already crossed the line by trying to physically destroy our government, and they must be completely defeated before we can move on. This begins with removing Trump from office and preventing him from ever holding office again.

I don't think that's the goal of impeachment. The purpose is to draw a line and say THAT isn't acceptable by a President, and if the POTUS engages in that activity, he will be impeached, hopefully convicted, and stripped of his perks post-Presidency paid for by taxpayers. It's to deter the next loser from spreading a bunch of lies about election fraud, spending two months undermining the results of an election, then ginning up an insurrection intended to pressure VP and others to throw out the results of an election and have the loser anointed as the next POTUS.

If we can't agree that's not acceptable by POTUS, what is unacceptable?

Why didn't the leftist politicians, CNN, MSNBC and people on the left in general condemn the rioters, the looting and burning our cities to the ground instead they in lock step called them peaceful protesters. Your vice president elect in fact praised them and her staff provide bail money as did a lot of their corporate backers.
Even if riots and looting could be equated with the organized storming of a joint session of Congress in an attempt to prevent the legitimate transfer of power, I don't see how childish and circular what-aboutism is productive here (since the people claiming hypocrisy are also virtually always complete and utter hypocrites themselves on the same issue). Also, it should be directed at someone who tried to excuse violent aspects of BLM protests; I did not.

Biden could have encouraged congress to go in another direction, (that's what good leaders do), but since he didn't, he is complicit and his presidency will be tainted. He bears responsibility for further dividing the country. There will be more unrest, more division, and no healing as a result of Impeachment Part II.

I’m starting to feel better already!

I don’t understand this. What have the GOP done to bring us to unity? They went straight from lying about the election being stoen to lying about censorship, and they still can’t admit Biden won legally and fairly, which would go a long ways towards “unity.”

GOP doesn’t want unity. They want no consequences for what they did last week so they can do more, and worse, at a later date.

Biden could have encouraged congress to go in another direction, (that's what good leaders do), but since he didn't, he is complicit and his presidency will be tainted. He bears responsibility for further dividing the country. There will be more unrest, more division, and no healing as a result of Impeachment Part II.

Gee! You would think Biden is the one being impeached after reading this.

It will make it worse. There's no doubt about that.

When all Republicans publlicly admit Biden won a fair and legitimate election, the above will be nonsense. Ya’ll owe all of us an apology for Trump.

Biden has no ability to heal and unite the country.

His handlers have no desire to heal and unite the country.

In fact, AOC has come out with nonsense that will make things worse.

His imprisonment, along with his family and allies, will go a long way toward it.

Biden has no ability to heal and unite the country.

His handlers have no desire to heal and unite the country.

In fact, AOC has come out with nonsense that will make things worse.

I somewhat disagree. Biden has the ability. He probably won't use it. The left have talked about how divisive Trump has been for four years and now they will prove they are just as divisive, if not more. Biden's definition of healing the country is in appointing one or two turncoat Republicans to positions in his administration, thinking that will heal the country when, in fact, his main reason for appointing them will be to use them to try swaying Republicans into Biden's way of thinking. And thinking that appointing a couple of traitors to positions in the Biden administration will heal the country will not heal or unite the country.

Just because Trump supporters want to terrorize the country with threats of violence if Trump is removed or impeached doesn't mean we should negotiate with them and not hold him accountable. I don't care if Trump had one day left in office, he messed up.

It has to be done. The insurrection must be crushed. The seditionists who raised their fists against our Republic must be ruined. And this begins with ending Trump's administration and any future political career because he encouraged the attack on Congress. And if this isn't done. If Republicans do not join with the attempt to destroy this cancer, then Trump supporters will continue to engage in domestic terrorism. These militia types aren't quitters, and they've already crossed a Rubicon of sorts. They've made their intentions clear. We need to treat them the same way we treated Communist sympathizers during the Cold War.

Last edited:
Trump has tested the boundaries since he was inaugurated..........this could have been avoided if the puppy’s nose was rubbed in his mess the first time he shat in the house, imo.

Back
Top Bottom