• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Hillary Clinton run in '08?

Will Hillary Clinton run in '08?

• Yes

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • It is too early to determine

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • No opinion

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The media has spread far and wide that Hillary is seeking the Presidency.

Do you think she will run?

vauge said:
The media has spread far and wide that Hillary is seeking the Presidency.

Do you think she will run?
She's already running isn't she? I mean she hasn't "declared" which of course gives her the option to opt out and save face once the right get's done smearing some more lies on her, but I'd she's already running.

I hope she doesn't. I don't think she would be a good president.

Not sure about US politics, but I dont think she would make a good president!! Alhough who's too say she wouldnt do a better job than previous presidents!!!!

I don't think that she is electable, and she knows it.

She is one of the most liked and hated at the same time.

Yea although it would be interesting to see how the first female president would perform>

vauge said:
I don't think that she is electable, and she knows it.

She is one of the most liked and hated at the same time.
Is she disliked because of the things she done or the things the right say she's done.

I use to really despise the Clinton's but I'm starting to look at them in a differnet light. In fact there was a time it wouldn't taken much to convince me they committed murder, literally. Or at least had the deed done. Now I don't know?

I'm from UK so not sure how the US system works, although we were well educated about the US elections!!!

Yes, I do think she will run in 2008, but she will not win the election. The United States is well aware that Hillary is incompetent of running the country. Even if she was capable of being a good president, who wants a crazy feminist as our commander and chief anyway? :confused:

I once thought that hillary had no chance in hell of getting elected in New York, but we see how that turned out.

I think that everything would depend on what the republicans produce for a presidential candidate. Let's get some choices on the board to kick around and then we might be able to discuss it.

Powell Vs. Clinton?

LiberalFINGER said:
I once thought that hillary had no chance in hell of getting elected in New York, but we see how that turned out.

I think that everything would depend on what the republicans produce for a presidential candidate. Let's get some choices on the board to kick around and then we might be able to discuss it.

Powell Vs. Clinton?
Rice Vs. Clinton?

Rice Vs. Clinton

Wow! Good one.. that would be interesting.

*twitch* *twitch*

That's an interesting thought. Let's examine the implications further.

We'd have the first female president for sure.
Black or white?
What would their platforms be?

I honestly don't know who'll survive the Demo heap- but I really think McCain has a soild shot for the GOP in '08. I think the only reason he smoozed back up with Bush after Bush's camp ran those attacks about him having a black baby and siding with the VC in Nam back in the 2000 primary was to gain some political captial so he could make a soild run.

Last edited:
>I honestly don't know who'll survive the Demo heap- but I really think McCain has a soild shot for the GOP in '08<Pacridge

I'd love for the Republicans to nominate McCain, but it ain't gonna happen.

This would mean the Republican party actually nominated someone of substance for a change.

I'm not holding my breath.

I hold both liberal and conservative beliefs, but I'd feel much better about the state of our nation with someone like McCain in the White House than the current occupant.

Hoot

What is so bad about Hillary Clinton? Someone mentioned her feminism...how typical. Do you suppose Condi Rice is not a feminist? Besides, Hillary doesn't speak about feminism. And its thanks to our sisters that came before us who made sure that we don't have to! Feminism is becoming irrelevant and that's a good thing. Get over it!

I think Hillary is a great woman. I love what she says. She has more good sense than anyone who has been in the White House for maybe the past fifty years. Anyone who watches her and doesn't see her intelligence and pragmatic competency is blinded by partisanship.

And that is exactly why she shouldn't run.

I think the Democrats need a fresh voice, someone without as much history in Washington.

Barack Obama in 2008.

I agree with you MixedMedia.
I'm from Southern Illinois...at least we had some common sense in the last election. LOL!

I think Barack Obama has a great future with the Dem party.

Personally, I think Hillary would make a great president. My only reservation is the fact that the GOP will do any and everything to make her life a living Hell.

I hope I live to see a woman president, and this is coming from a guy.

Regards,

Hoot

Hoot said:
>I honestly don't know who'll survive the Demo heap- but I really think McCain has a soild shot for the GOP in '08<Pacridge

I'd love for the Republicans to nominate McCain, but it ain't gonna happen.

This would mean the Republican party actually nominated someone of substance for a change.

I'm not holding my breath.

I hold both liberal and conservative beliefs, but I'd feel much better about the state of our nation with someone like McCain in the White House than the current occupant.

Hoot
For the life of me I can't figure out what happend to the GOP. They used to be the party of fiscal responsiblity. Now look at them. Bush hasn't shot down one spending bill in the entire time he's been in office. The deficit is at a level almost unbelievable. What happend to the attitude of Gramm/Rudman? I used to vote GOP on a regular basis, though I've never been a member of any party. But after watching the spending habits coupled with the sleeze ball political tactics (I just loved this last election where they sent out fliers in West Virgina claiming that if Kerry was elected he was going to outlaw the Bible, nice)- I feel like invoking Ronald Reagan and saying "I didn't leave my party, my party left me."

Pacridge said:
For the life of me I can't figure out what happend to the GOP. They used to be the party of fiscal responsiblity. Now look at them. Bush hasn't shot down one spending bill in the entire time he's been in office. The deficit is at a level almost unbelievable. What happend to the attitude of Gramm/Rudman? I used to vote GOP on a regular basis, though I've never been a member of any party.

Same here...based on my recent posts, I'm sure some would never believe this of me, but I swear to anyone reading this, that I have voted often for republican candidates in the past.

I grew up in a republican household.

However, I stopped voting for republicans when the elder Bush said the "read my lips' statement, but this was not my main reason for not voting for Bush.

You'll think I'm a tree-hugger, but Bush did nothing to save the spotted owl and used the excuse of saving jobs.

Later, I found out that after the timber was felled, it was shipped overseas, taking most of the milling jobs with it.

I couldn't see voting for anyone who thinks so little of wiping a species off the face of the earth.

Of course, you're right...the republicans have shown no fiscal responsibility, and the last time I checked, they control the House, Senate and the White House, so who are they gonna blame for their outrageous, obscene spending?

Last week I read we have 10 times as much "pork" in the new budget as any amount ever in a dem controlled congress.

We are now spending more money, per capita, on each citizen in Iraq than we are on our own US citizens.

Am I the only one who thinks this picture is wrong?

Hoot

Hoot said:

Of course, you're right...the republicans have shown no fiscal responsibility, and the last time I checked, they control the House, Senate and the White House, so who are they gonna blame for their outrageous, obscene spending?

Last week I read we have 10 times as much "pork" in the new budget as any amount ever in a dem controlled congress.

We are now spending more money, per capita, on each citizen in Iraq than we are on our own US citizens.

Hoot
From what I can tell they blame the war. Bush used to give speeches where he stated that he promised during the 2000 presidential campaign that he would only allow the federal budget to go into deficit in times of war, recession or national emergency, but he never imagined he would "have a trifecta." Problem with that statement is he never said it. Least not publicly. And not that he or the White House or the White House Press Corps could find. After the Washington Post ran an article pointing this out, he took the lie out of his speeches.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A11253-2002Jul1&notFound=true

The real ironic thing about his comments were that while no one could find where he said anything remotely like what he was claiming he said. Lot's of people, however, could find where Al Gore made similar comments. At a meeting of the "Economic Club of Detroit" Gore stated: "Barring an economic reversal, a national emergency, or a foreign crisis, we should balance the budget this year, next year, and every year." I guess nothing says "I respect you" like plagiarism. Actually I guess I'm not sure if it's called plagiarism if it's spoken and not written. I say we convene a Grand Jury and find out.

"We are now spending more money, per capita, on each citizen in Iraq than we are on our own US citizens."

That's an amazing statistic. Where did you find that?

Last edited:
Hoot said:
You'll think I'm a tree-hugger, but Bush did nothing to save the spotted owl and used the excuse of saving jobs.

Hoot
Personally I like Spotted Owls- fried in Exxon Oil.

Seriously, The "Tree Hugger" movement leaves a lot to be desired for me. I don't disagree with everything in the movement but they've really taken it too far at times. I live in a "Timber Town" The local cafe is called "The Logger." People here depend on earnings from logging. And the environmentalist have, at times, done more to hurt the environment then help it. By restricting logging, in some cases, they increased the risk of forrest fires and depleated the habitat for deer and elk. Plus even if a majority of the logs are shipped without being milled here, how does stopping logging help? At least someone still has a job. Sure mill workers are hurt but someone still has to go in the woods and cut down the trees. Plus there's also a whole lot of other peope employed in the process. Someone has to build and maintain the logging roads. Sorry the "Tree Hugger" movement doesn't have a fan with me. I'm for sensible forrest management.

To me it's a lot like the anti-fur people. I can't tell you how many times I've talked to someone who's adamantly opposed to fur and leather but they've got no problem stuffing their face with a cheesburger. Yeah, that makes sense. Or how about the news caster I saw the last time I was in LA. She stated she'd never wear leather pants or jackets, always insisted on "pleather." Well "pleather" is made of plastics and usually in some third world country. Do you have any idea what damage they're doing to the environment when they make those "pleather pants?" At least fur and leather are renewable natural resources, as are trees.

>Personally I like Spotted Owls- fried in Exxon Oil.

Seriously, The "Tree Hugger" movement leaves a lot to be desired for me. I don't disagree with everything in the movement but they've really taken it too far at times <Pacridge

Over 80% of the old growth forests from British Columbia to Northern California have already been cut down. This is the main habit of the still endangered Spotted Owl.

Who needs a dead tree that has already fallen?
The Spotted Owl, that's who.
Clearing of brush, and dead trees by timber companies is not helping this species.
I believe we need some "old growth" forests that are left untouched by man...and we have scant little left now.

I understand your reasoning, but I cannot condone wiping another species off the face of the earth...especially a species that has proven to be so beneficial to man...destroying rodents, insects..etc...that cause farmers millions in damage every year.

Especially when this timber, along with most of the jobs, are being shipped overseas for the use of foreign countries.

So..excuse me, but I have to ask....

Do the lumberjacks you know..."put on womens clothing and hang around in bars?" LOL (Monty Phthon)

Hoot

Back
Top Bottom