• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Hillary be the democratic nominee

Will Hillary be the democratic nominee in 2008?

• Yes. I am a conservative/republican

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes. I am a democrat/liberal

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No. I am a conservative/republican

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No. I am a democrat/liberal

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
aps said:
Oh yeah, I bet you do! If she runs for the nomination, I will run against her. :shock:

You just might get my vote........;)

galenrox said:
Welcome back!

I pray to God they don't nominate her, cause that means that there's only 1 chance for the two parties to crank out a good potential president. That being said she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Thanks, we shall see, although she is pretending to move to the center she is fooling very few people and the left wing base of the party loves her...

I sure would not rule her out if I was you........I do agree that she has very little chance of ever getting elected though.....

Navy Pride said:
Thanks, we shall see, although she is pretending to move to the center she is fooling very few people and the left wing base of the party loves her...

I sure would not rule her out if I was you........I do agree that she has very little chance of ever getting elected though.....

Personally, I believe (notice how this is completely my own opinion) that the average Democrat is more of a leftist moderate than anything else.

Im talking about the voter here, not the Democrats in office.

I agree that most people won't find her worthy of being thier Democratic Candidate. Someone like Feingold would be more likely to receive my vote.
Or maybe Joe Biden.

I'm already resigning to the idea that I will once again be forced to vote for the lesser of 2 evils no matter who that may be when the time comes.

Since I'm not partisan though, I have no voice on the primaries.

One thing that has not been discussed here... are Americans ready for a female President?

Personally -- that fact alone -- would completely rule her out, IMHO.

Middleground said:
One thing that has not been discussed here... are Americans ready for a female President?

Personally -- that fact alone -- would completely rule her out, IMHO.
Maybe, but consider who many voters (female especially) might turn out to vote for her because she's a woman? In an electorate where there is such a small gap between the two parties a shift of extra voters in either direction might be significant.

Caine said:
Personally, I believe (notice how this is completely my own opinion) that the average Democrat is more of a leftist moderate than anything else.

Im talking about the voter here, not the Democrats in office.

I agree that most people won't find her worthy of being thier Democratic Candidate. Someone like Feingold would be more likely to receive my vote.
Or maybe Joe Biden.

Hmmm, Feingold and Biden.......A hawk and a dove when it comes to the war on terrorism....:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Hmmm, Feingold and Biden.......A hawk and a dove when it comes to the war on terrorism....:confused:

Thats your opinion. And your entitled to it.
But, I disagree.

SixStringHero said:
I'm already resigning to the idea that I will once again be forced to vote for the lesser of 2 evils no matter who that may be when the time comes.

Since I'm not partisan though, I have no voice on the primaries.

You are not forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. There may be a third party or independent you can vote for. Or else there is always the write-in ballot.

Caine said:
But, I disagree.

Well the facts are Biden Voted to give the President permission to go to war in Iraq and Feingold was one of the few Senators to vote against it....

Biden voted for the Patriot Act in 2001 and Feingold was the only Senator to vote against it........you do the math.........

galenrox said:
That's a fair stance to take, but I think that the actual amount of people that wouldn't support Hillary due to her gender are VASTLY outnumbered by the ones that don't support her due to her lack of leadership ability, her policies, and her Bush-like machiavellian quest for power.

I think Americans would vote for a female for president but I don't think Hillary is that female........Her negatives far out weigh her positives........That said I think it might be a lot of fun to see a Hillary/Condy race in 2008...........

Caine said:
But, I disagree.

Hey McCaine, love those two quotes in red by Savage and Bush. Is this a sign that you're starting to come around to this country's Christian heritage?

Although those two quotes are top shelf--the best by far (and to the point) is "Liberalism is a mental disorder" by Michael Savage. Oh how true that slogan is, and humorous as well.

KidTim

independent_thinker2002 said:
You are not forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. There may be a third party or independent you can vote for. Or else there is always the write-in ballot.

Some might say that a vote for someone who has no chance to win is a wasted vote..........

Navy Pride said:
Well the facts are Biden Voted to give the President permission to go to war in Iraq and Feingold was one of the few Senators to vote against it....

Biden voted for the Patriot Act in 2001 and Feingold was the only Senator to vote against it........you do the math.........

Well, lets see.... Feingold has stuck with his ideas from the beginning then. I don't think voting for or against the war in Iraq or the Patriot act is a good or bad thing. The Patriot Act was a rushed document, the hysteria surrounding immediate post 9/11 forced many people to make decisions they may or may not agree with now.

As far as Biden goes, certain situations can cause someone to change thier position on an issue that they once had the opposite opinion of before.
Example: George W. Bush when running for President in 2000 said that our Military should not be used for "Nation Building". Now with the attack on 9/11 and the poor intelligence that misled all Americans (me included, when I went into Iraq during the "Shock and Awe", I was all about finding WMD's being an NBC NCO and all), I understand how Bush was capable of changing his mind.

With the current situation in Iraq, I understand how Biden would want to change his mind. So situations can cause someone to later change thier stance on a situation, this is true for both President Bush AND Joe Biden.

You can't tell me this doesn't make any sense.

ptsdkid said:
Hey McCaine, love those two quotes in red by Savage and Bush. Is this a sign that you're starting to come around to this country's Christian heritage?

Although those two quotes are top shelf--the best by far (and to the point) is "Liberalism is a mental disorder" by Michael Savage. Oh how true that slogan is, and humorous as well.

KidTim

Nope, its my attempt to show how....

A. Michael Savage is nobody to be taken seriously, and shouldn't be, because he is a bumbling retard.

B. Bush's statement shows the virtues of Christian Intolerance in America.

Caine said:
Well, lets see.... Feingold has stuck with his ideas from the beginning then. I don't think voting for or against the war in Iraq or the Patriot act is a good or bad thing. The Patriot Act was a rushed document, the hysteria surrounding immediate post 9/11 forced many people to make decisions they may or may not agree with now.

As far as Biden goes, certain situations can cause someone to change thier position on an issue that they once had the opposite opinion of before.
Example: George W. Bush when running for President in 2000 said that our Military should not be used for "Nation Building". Now with the attack on 9/11 and the poor intelligence that misled all Americans (me included, when I went into Iraq during the "Shock and Awe", I was all about finding WMD's being an NBC NCO and all), I understand how Bush was capable of changing his mind.

With the current situation in Iraq, I understand how Biden would want to change his mind. So situations can cause someone to later change thier stance on a situation, this is true for both President Bush AND Joe Biden.

You can't tell me this doesn't make any sense.

Ah but Biden has not changed his mind.......He is for finishing the job there then leaving.......Feingold is for cutting and running now........

So just curious, who do you vote for if its between Biden and Feingold for the nomination?

Navy Pride said:
Ah but Biden has not changed his mind.......He is for finishing the job there then leaving.......Feingold is for cutting and running now........

I disagree.
Show me, without taking someone's words out of context and reading into something that wasn't a part of the original meaning, where any democrat has used the words "Cut and Run" as a part of thier Agenda in Iraq.

Caine said:
I disagree.
Show me, without taking someone's words out of context and reading into something that wasn't a part of the original meaning, where any democrat has used the words "Cut and Run" as a part of thier Agenda in Iraq.

You know you don't actually have to say the words to mean that.....When Dean says we can't win the war in Iraq and when Murtha says our military is broken and we should re deploy our troops in other countries, and when Kennedy says our troops are the problem and not the solution what do you think they are saying?

Lets see....

Feingold On the War in Iraq

Feingold said:
I continue to be deeply concerned about the direction of U.S. policy in Iraq. I believe that the U.S. must clarify the remaining military mission in Iraq and that policymakers must be held accountable for providing our troops the support and resources that they need to complete that mission and to come home. We also need to continue working to support Iraqi efforts to find a basis for political stability in the country, and we need to make the reconstruction effort work by ensuring that we spend American taxpayers’ dollars wisely.
I thank our military servicemen and women and their families for their courage and sacrifice. Their efforts and patriotism are incredibly moving and humbling.
This comes from Feingold's Website here.
http://feingold.senate.gov/issues_timeline.html

Also.
Feingold said:
The United States military and other coalition forces have done an admirable job of defeating Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, but we are now confronted with new challenges. The tasks involved in transition and reconstruction in Iraq are dangerous, complex, time-consuming, and expensive. A great deal of work remains to be done.

We should welcome burden-sharing in various forms to help us manage this task. International cooperation can help to ease the strain on the American military and American taxpayers. By welcoming burden-sharing, we can also reassure the rest of the world that ours is not a policy of unilaterally imposing our will by force without consultation or cooperation. This is not about wanting to be liked, or about being popular in the halls of the U.N. or European capitals. It is about wanting our troops to be safe, our country to be secure, and our allies to maintain crucial cooperation in the fight against terrorism.
http://feingold.senate.gov/issues_rebuild_iraq.html

So, Feingold supports the troops, supports the mission, and wants us to include our allies in our foreign policy, which is something that Bush has had a problem doing.

Navy Pride said:
You know you don't actually have to say the words to mean that.....When Dean says we can't win the war in Iraq and when Murtha says our military is broken and we should re deploy our troops in other countries, and when Kennedy says our troops are the problem and not the solution what do you think they are saying?

LOL.....

Im not defending them shitheads am I?
Im defending Feingold. Stick to the man at hand.

26 X World Champs said:
Maybe, but consider who many voters (female especially) might turn out to vote for her because she's a woman? In an electorate where there is such a small gap between the two parties a shift of extra voters in either direction might be significant.

Perhaps so. Perhaps not.

Frankly, we don't really know for sure. I just threw it on the table as a thought to ponder. Never in the history of the US has there even been a female President or Vice President. I would most certainly think that it would be an extra factor that a female candidate would have to deal with, no?

Perhaps we should start with the ratio of women and men in congress. Does anyone know the %s? My best guess is that it is still male dominated. This is why I asked the question... are the American people ready for a woman President?

Caine said:
Lets see....

Feingold On the War in Iraq

This comes from Feingold's Website here.
http://feingold.senate.gov/issues_timeline.html

Also.

http://feingold.senate.gov/issues_rebuild_iraq.html

So, Feingold supports the troops, supports the mission, and wants us to include our allies in our foreign policy, which is something that Bush has had a problem doing.

I wonder what the date was on that...I heard him on Meet the Press say we should pull out as soon as possible............

This president will not ask the crooked french and Germans permission to protect our country like Feingold and the dems want to do.....He believes unlike Kerry that the war on terrorism is a war for our very existence and not to be fought as a police action or in a very sensitive manner as Kerry wants to do.......

Caine said:
LOL.....

Im not defending them shitheads am I?
Im defending Feingold. Stick to the man at hand.

Feingold, the only senator out of 100 to vote against the PA in 2001.....nuff said.......

I am still waiting to find out who you would vote for between Feingold and Biden.........

Navy Pride said:
I wonder what the date was on that...I heard him on Meet the Press say we should pull out as soon as possible............
Those are the key words there. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. As I have shown you from his website, As soon as possible to him means, when the Iraqi government is able to stand on its own and protect themselves.

This president will not ask the crooked french and Germans permission to protect our country like Feingold and the dems want to do.....He believes unlike Kerry that the war on terrorism is a war for our very existence and not to be fought as a police action or in a very sensitive manner as Kerry wants to do.......
Nobody is asking foreigners to protect the USA. Terrorism isnt just a problem of the United States. With the help of our allies, we could fight a better war on terrorism. The other junk about the war being a war for our very existance is one of the most retarded things Ive ever heard. Don't get me wrong, terrorism should not be taken lightly, but comments like this are intended to make the people think that terrorists are even capable of completely destroying our country and killing us all. This will never happen. Yes, terrorists are capapble of targeting large amounts of Americans and killing them, but they pose no threat to the existance of the Country. Anyone who falls for Bush's talk of how terrorists are even remotely capable of taking our country down are fools. This country is stronger than that. The people in this country are stronger than that. And like I said, Terrorism isn't just a USA problem. Thats why the Democrats want to urge our allies to fight by our side. We may be able to do it on our own, but it works better if our allies are with us all the way.

Back
Top Bottom