• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will he or won't he?

SoCal

Woke Leftist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
He's making his first national address tomorrow, slated for 8 minutes.

Will Trump declare an emergency taking us into uncharted constitutional waters?

Doing so would end up in court and given his new majority, will this be the first president that abuses his power to fulfill an impractical campaign promise?

Doing so would end up in court and given his new majority, will this be the first president that abuses his power to fulfill an impractical campaign promise?

No I dont think he declares an emergency and yes I think he rips the Failed Washington Elite a new asshole.

He will. The military will show up and take peoples land at gun point. And his mindless drones base will cheer.

I'm in my 60's.. I lived through a lot. Cold War. Vietnam War. I've never feared for this country as much as I do now. Not just because of Trump. But his cult followers are dangerous and more than willing to throw democracy out the window.

He will. The military will show up and take peoples land at gun point. And his mindless drones base will cheer.

I'm in my 60's.. I lived through a lot. Cold War. Vietnam War. I've never feared for this country as much as I do now. Not just because of Trump. But his cult followers are dangerous and more than willing to throw democracy out the window.

You guys live in a constant state of fear. :roll: Your entire post is nonsense. Stay under your bed until you hear the "all clear" signal. You will be safe there.

No I dont think he declares an emergency and yes I think he rips the Failed Washington Elite a new asshole.

:roll:

Man, you’re such a one-trick pony.

Sure, he'll announce it in grand fashion, then walk it back the next day, like everything else. All sizzle and no steak with this farce of an administration.

No, he will not. Nor does he need to

Let us now praise evil and heinous men. Trump was granted his entire budget INCLUDING security funding, then inserted this "five billion more" nonsense at the last minute for one reason only, to distract from talk of Mueller's investigations.

MuellerMirror.jpg

Why would you think that declaring a national emergency is an abuse of power?

Heck, Obama did it and nobody sued him.

So, stands in front of a camera and whines about not getting what he wants? Yeah, sounds likely.

Why would you think that declaring a national emergency is an abuse of power?

Heck, Obama did it and nobody sued him.

Which national emergency declared by Obama are you referring to?

I hope he threatens Mexico with military engagement if they don't pay for the wall. And then when Vicente Fox replies with two middle fingers, we can start off where we left off in the Mexican-American War. Then all those who want to cross the border will have no reason to, because they'll be Americans already when we easily take over Mexico.

See, a win-win. What do you think of that compromise, my liberal friends? :lamo

I hope he threatens Mexico with military engagement if they don't pay for the wall. And then when Vicente Fox replies with two middle fingers, we can start off where we left off in the Mexican-American War. Then all those who want to cross the border will have no reason to, because they'll be Americans already when we easily take over Mexico.

I see several flaws in this plan.

So, stands in front of a camera and whines about not getting what he wants? Yeah, sounds likely.

Maybe he whines that America is failing and points out that these crap people in Washington have a lot to do with that.

MAYBE

Because you can never have enough washington elite asshole.

tumblr_orpnvowTxN1qinrtgo1_500.jpg

;)

I agree, it's his base that's the threat to America. South American refugees pose a bigger threat than Putin and all the other dictators Trump sucks up to. Amazing...

No, he will not. Nor does he need to

I find it hard to believe he's using his very first national address to continue using his same'ol arguments that haven't been working. You can see him on the news everyday making his case, I think this might be very different...

Which national emergency declared by Obama are you referring to?

Somehow, I knew there would be someone here who would be unaware of this.

"I have determined that the actions of Colonel Muammar Qaddafi, his government, and close associates, including extreme measures against the people of Libya, constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. The order declares a national emergency to deal with this threat," Obama wrote in the letter to House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH).

https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/02/25/obama-declares-national-state-of-emergency-over-libya/

Please, share them. Enlighten me, my friend.

The world has a track record responding to fascist governments suddenly annexing a neighbor.

Somehow, I knew there would be someone here who would be unaware of this.

What part of the word "which" was confusing to you?

Now, is it your opinion that any and all declarations of national emergency are equally valid?

The world has a track record responding to fascist governments suddenly annexing a neighbor.

It would not be a fascist move.

Trump is not a fascist.

This is not a fascist government.

What, in your opinion, is a fascist? What is fascism? That word gets slung around too many times on both sides.

What part of the word "which" was confusing to you?

Now, is it your opinion that any and all declarations of national emergency are equally valid?

Any declaration can be challenged.

Back
Top Bottom