• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will he make it to November?

The moderator will use his awesome mind control skills to force Trump into his usual bumbling incoherence.

Like...Chris Wallace is biased cause Trump can’t answer any ****ing question about anything? Axios? Woodward? It’s everyone else’s fault that they support a really dumb guy who now has layers of dementia and adderall blocking the way to a good verbal outcome?

Sure but is your measure of “challenge” the level of confrontation generated? You already know Trump is going to fight with everybody over every word and you’re just gonna chalk it off to bias. If Joe doesn’t go to war every two seconds, you’re gonna insist he had softballs. You’re used to a candidate aggressively inviting problems.
Let's use an example. If Wallace asks Trump about the sexual allegations against him should he not also ask Biden about those against him? And any follow-up confrontational questions should be equally confrontational? Do you agree?

Thank you for displaying your cognitive dissonance, whose main feature is dismissing facts you don't like, in favor of views that you hold dear.
My thoughts are completely consistent. You made a silly comment. Claiming that's "cognitive dissonance" is just another silly comment. Care to go for the hat trick?

Let's use an example. If Wallace asks Trump about the sexual allegations against him should he not also ask Biden about those against him? And any follow-up confrontational questions should be equally confrontational? Do you agree?

Possibly. Trump has 25 credible accusers and is on tape stating he really likes sexual assault. They can both deny the claims but one guy looks like a liar based on his life lived and words.

Fair is a search for the truth, not treating everyone as though the worst of us get our benefit of the doubt.

Possibly. Trump has 25 credible accusers and is on tape stating he really likes sexual assault. They can both deny the claims but one guy looks like a liar based on his life lived and words.

Fair is a search for the truth, not treating everyone as though the worst of us get our benefit of the doubt.
Whose truth? I hate to break this to you but for the most part, for many people, truth is a subjective animal.

So our choice is between a fit 77 year old and an obese 74 year old.
Pretty much
Like...Chris Wallace is biased cause Trump can’t answer any ****ing question about anything? Axios? Woodward? It’s everyone else’s fault that they support a really dumb guy who now has layers of dementia and adderall blocking the way to a good verbal outcome?
Trump is the most persecuted person in the history of the planet. Trump has it worse than the children in cages. Worse than Otto Warmbier in North Korea. Worse than Jews in Auschwitz. It's shocking, I tell you! Shocking!

Whose truth? I hate to break this to you but for the most part, for many people, truth is a subjective animal.

Facts aren’t. Data isn’t. We use those things to determine truthfulness of any number of scenarios from miscounted change to whether or not when we walk in on a spouse ****ing another person and they insist it’s not what it looks like we’re gonna buy it.

No, truth is not subjective if you have an overview. Donald Trump is in his 70’s and has lived an insanely public life. He has a 4 year track record and twitter feed as president. We don’t have to dig, yknow.

People pushing 80 should be ineligible. He's older than my grandfather.

Then so was Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I'm glad she stayed on The Supreme Court. She was sharp as a tack every minute that she served.

Facts aren’t. Data isn’t. We use those things to determine truthfulness of any number of scenarios from miscounted change to whether or not when we walk in on a spouse ****ing another person and they insist it’s not what it looks like we’re gonna buy it.

No, truth is not subjective if you have an overview. Donald Trump is in his 70’s and has lived an insanely public life. He has a 4 year track record and twitter feed as president. We don’t have to dig, yknow.
Changing the goal post now? :) Facts don't care what you believe to be true (truth). Flat earthers once believed the earth was flat. That was their truth. Facts proved them wrong (well at least for most people). Evidence can formulate your beliefs but even evidence can be skewered. Take for example eyewitness to a crime. Say there are ten witnesses. It's been shown that each are capable of seeing the evidence right before their eyes differently. It's called a bias filter. We all have one. That, my dear, makes truth a subjective element. If not then the existence of God must be true because there's a whole of people who believe it's true.

But sure, you're entitled to evaluate the "facts" and make up your own truth but don't put that on me. I have the same entitlement.

Changing the goal post now? :) Facts don't care what you believe to be true (truth). Flat earthers once believed the earth was flat. That was their truth. Facts proved them wrong (well at least for most people). Evidence can formulate your beliefs but even evidence can be skewered. Take for example eyewitness to a crime. Say there are ten witnesses. It's been shown that each are capable of seeing the evidence right before their eyes differently. It's called a bias filter. We all have one. That, my dear, makes truth a subjective element. If not then the existence of God must be true because there's a whole of people who believe it's true.

But sure, you're entitled to evaluate the "facts" and make up your own truth but don't put that on me. I have the same entitlement.

B4F5B653-5A3F-4468-AD5C-B008271AF51F.jpeg

And you don’t see the contradiction in one of the definitions? Definitions are subject to the way people use words. Meanings change over time. Try a philosophical dictionary next time.

I sure do.

Well, the evidence are clear: Biden struggles.

The upcoming first presidential debate on the 29th of Sep will be revelation day for American voters!
They're saying "landslide's coming!"

Mr. Biden may not make it to November 3, but one thing is for sure: We the public will not know about it if he doesn't.

The Dems will come up with a good excuse.

He will be quoted as encouraging his supporters to vote and vote often.

After he is elected, then we will be told about his condition and that Ms. Harris will be taking the oath of President on January 20.

If truth be told, millions of Dems will be delighted, for a President Biden might not have been woke enough for them.

Trump has a teleprompter set up to feed him the answers, too. The difference is that Trump is too stupid to use it, so he gets every single fact wrong. At least Biden learned to read when when he was in school. We all have it on good authority from his staff, that Trump cannot read even a three lines in lieu of a presidential brief.

Stop worrying about mental decline and start thinking about the intellectual starting point for these two men. Biden went to law school. Trump had to get someone else to take his SATs for him. Reading a children's book upside down the way George W Bush did during 9/11 would be too arduous a task for Trump.

And by the way, Joe Biden is fine. He just gets caught in off moments once in a while. He is fine for hours on end. The mental decline is in the American people who elected Trump and the current American Republican Senators.

No, he doesn't. He has a teleprompter at speeches. He doesn't have a teleprompter that feeds him answers at interviews. :rolleyes:

Trump is going to look so bad in the first debate he'll contrive a reason to cancel the next ones. Hell, he still might find a way to get out of the first one. Maybe he'll work that drug test angle- he's already laid the groundwork for it.

LOL. Sure. You go with that.

No, he doesn't. He has a teleprompter at speeches. He doesn't have a teleprompter that feeds him answers at interviews. :rolleyes:

Clearly you are an expert on how Trump prepares to look like a fool. (Where did you glean all this information?) I will defer to your greater expertise. Nonetheless, I have seen Joe Biden hold his own for over an hour answering questions. Trump is not only a moron, but a narcissistic and fascistic moron.

Sanders got cheated by his own party during the primary against Hillary Clinton. The wiki-leaks showed it!
That is what makes the democrats so dangerous. There is no “U” in “By any means necessary”. They don’t care about your views. Blacks and Latinos figured it out, why can’t Berniebro’s?

Clearly you are an expert on how Trump prepares to look like a fool. (Where did you glean all this information?) I will defer to your greater expertise. Nonetheless, I have seen Joe Biden hold his own for over an hour answering questions. Trump is not only a moron, but a narcissistic and fascistic moron.

He wasn't holding his own. He uses a teleprompter to feed him answers. He's so far gone he can't even be coached anymore.

Andblah blahblah Orange Man Bad, I get it, it's all you have and you can't even express why. Do you need a teleprompter? 😂

Yeah, you're not destroying anyone if you can't even get your own party behind you. The thing that leaves me wondering is how Biden was the only viable candidate out of those who ran. I thought Warren would have come out on top.
Most thought that Biden had the best chance of beating Trump. Whether they were right or not, we'll find out in November.

Biden can't ad lib a coherent sentence, neither can Trump before going into a tail spin. Good job America, great choices.:confused:
Biden had to overcome a speech impediment. I'm not sure what Trump's excuse is, but my sig line is a pretty good sample of his ability to string words together.

Trump is going to look so bad in the first debate he'll contrive a reason to cancel the next ones. Hell, he still might find a way to get out of the first one. Maybe he'll work that drug test angle- he's already laid the groundwork for it.
the debates will be a Democrat plot to make Trump look bad, kind of like the pandemic and the press.

Back
Top Bottom