• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Harris hurt, help, or make no difference for Biden?

Harris will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Biden has made it official. His running mate will be Kamala Harris, unless she withdraws or gets "cancelled".

Do you think this pick will help him, hurt him, or make no difference in the electoral college?

Traditionally, Vice Presidents make no difference in the Electoral College. Some argue it'll make a big difference, seeing as how Biden will be 78 years old soon. If elected, he would be the oldest President of the all-time, beating Reagan's 77.

HELP - He's going to motivate black voters in the swing states and help beat Donald Trump.

HURT - Voters will be turned away, by her record as California Attorney General and/or so-called personality problems.

NO DIFFERENCE - It will not make a single difference.

Biden has made it official. His running mate will be Kamala Harris, unless she withdraws or gets "cancelled".

Do you think this pick will help him, hurt him, or make no difference in the electoral college?

Traditionally, Vice Presidents make no difference in the Electoral College. Some argue it'll make a big difference, seeing as how Biden will be 78 years old soon. If elected, he would be the oldest President of the all-time, beating Reagan's 77.

HELP - He's going to motivate black voters in the swing states and help beat Donald Trump.

HURT - Voters will be turned away, but her record as California Attorney General or so-called personality.

The people who hate her weren't going to vote Democratic anyway, and people who were going to vote Biden anyway weren't going to make their entire decision come down to the VP pick.

It will be a wash.

VP candidates are never really helpful, but can be hurtful. He already acknowledged that his primary aim was just to check a couple of demographic boxes - then he chose someone he thinks he could work with. It probably won't make much of a difference.

No difference.

HURT - Voters will be turned away, by her record as California Attorney General and/or so-called personality problems.

She's gotta be one tough lady.

I mean, she had the guts to "bump uglies" with Willie Brown while he was married.

The people who hate her weren't going to vote Democratic anyway, and people who were going to vote Biden anyway weren't going to make their entire decision come down to the VP pick.

It will be a wash.

I don't seeing it being awash, in the sense that many more black voters could actually come out, given BLM and now Kamala. Obama showed that they could be a very significant force when motivated.

Republicans likely also see that, and are trying very, very hard to stifle their votes unfairly. Other than exaggerating and bragging that Trump did more for them than anyone in history, they don't have much to motivate them fairly.

As an aside, Joe now has a pretty good close advisor on how to prosecute Trump, should the time come.

Last edited:
Ms. Harris will make the difference.

Millions of people who proudly turned out for the Democratic ticket in 2008 and 2012 will be eager to vote for Ms. Harris on November 3.

Although I plan to vote for President Trump, I realize that it will be almost impossible in 2020 for him to win against the Democrats' diverse ticket.

The 2008 election was the beginning of the new America that many people say they want, and the 2020 election is just a continuation of that trend that excites many people.

Unsure I really like the choice, but at this point Biden could have picked a puppy dog as his running mate and still probably win.

No difference. The election will be referendum on trump's failed policies.

I don't know.

Part of me thinks that it will help because she is a visible minority and a women and those who want that representation will take the time and effort to go out and vote.

Another part of me think she will be much more heavily scrutinized because she is a visible minority and a woman. Every little tiny thing she will do/say will be x 10.

So I don't know.

I don't know.

Part of me thinks that it will help because she is a visible minority and a women and those who want that representation will take the time and effort to go out and vote.

Another part of me think she will be much more heavily scrutinized because she is a visible minority and a woman. Every little tiny thing she will do/say will be x 10.

So I don't know.

More race card victimization.

OMG..................who would have guessed?

VP candidates are never really helpful, but can be hurtful. He already acknowledged that his primary aim was just to check a couple of demographic boxes - then he chose someone he thinks he could work with. It probably won't make much of a difference.

That's okay. Joe was Obama's running mate simply because it would bring the old school on board.

Pence is Trump's VP because Pence lacks the stones to disagree with Trump on any issue at all.

She's gotta be one tough lady.

I mean, she had the guts to "bump uglies" with Willie Brown while he was married.

Yeah, nobody cares.

To Early to Tell. Tulsi Gabbard laid out a path to wreck some damage on her, and her statement that she believed Biden's accusers would be just hammered home by any semi-competent political team.....

but they aren't facing a competent political team. They are facing the Trump Administration. We'll see if they have the ability to make her a liability or not.

I don't know.

So I don't know.

The VP under Biden is likely going to play a much larger "De Facto President" role than previous VP's, and is the obvious front-runner to lead the party when he rambles off into the sunset. Whoever it was was going to receive as much scrutiny as it was possible to give; I don't know how much more there really can be due to her "woman + black" status.

No difference. This election is entirely a referendum on Trump.

Yeah...........other than every liberal on this forum who went after Donny boy and his affairs.

****ing hypocrites. :lamo

You people set the tone. Nobody cares anymore.

Thanks Trump!

I can't forgive Kamala Harris for attacking Joe Biden for opposing forced school busing. Since then she has said that, like Joe Biden, she thinks busing should be a local decision. If busing remains a local decision, decided by voters rather than judges, there will be no busing. I will never vote for Trump. This may be the first year since 1988 that I do not vote for president. My choice was Elizabeth Warren.

No difference. The election will be referendum on trump's failed policies.

I think that's what people often do not realize, particularly those on the left - who seem to think every election is based on ideas, that any election where you are trying to unseat an incumbent is a referendum on that incumbent. It is never, "I have all these great ideas and they are better than the other guy's ideas, so elect me." Instead, it is always "This person has done a terrible job, throw him out."

It will be a wash.

I disagree. Having a person of color will bring out some voters. Having a woman will bring out some voters. It may not change the mind of any party faithfuls, but someone like Harris can certainly motivate some people who may not have voted with 4 white guys on the tickets.

Kamala will help with getting younger minorities and women to turn out. Big weapon to have.

And lets face the facts, Biden ain't running in 2024, which means she will be the person inline for the WH in four years should Biden win the election, and that can only help Biden in exciting people who wanted someone younger and fresh this cycle.

That's okay. Joe was Obama's running mate simply because it would bring the old school on board.

Pence is Trump's VP because Pence lacks the stones to disagree with Trump on any issue at all.

Pence was also brought on to bring the super religious to vote for a hooker banging, thrice divorced pedophile like Trump.

It will help him win intelligent voters. And there are quite a few, even in the US.

Kamala will help with getting younger minorities and women to turn out. Big weapon to have.

And lets face the facts, Biden ain't running in 2024, which means she will be the person inline for the WH in four years should Biden win the election, and that can only help Biden in exciting people who wanted someone younger and fresh this cycle.

Id bet she is the POTUS before by early 2023.

Back
Top Bottom