• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Harris hurt, help, or make no difference for Biden?

Harris will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Harris was an odd pick. She only pulled 5% in the primaries. She was loathed by the liberals and shunned by the blacks. What does she bring to the ticket?

More importantly, everyone knows due to his failing mental health, Biden if elected will not serve long and his VP will become president. Is there anyone with a thinking brain that thinks this woman is presidential material? If only 5% of her own party sees her as being qualified, that is sad.

Interesting. Essentially, anti-Trump Republicans stopped self identifying as Republican. It has not hurt Trump's numbers at all, but it does explain the extremely high loyalty numbers in the party. That said, it's a side issue. Trump's support has been unwavering. He has also shown increased support among blacks, Hispanics and Union workers.

Next month starts the semi-official campaign season. Most pollsters will be trying for likely voter (LV) samples instead of the registered voter (RV) samples which have been the norm to this point. LV polls are more reliable and predictive. They have also reliably been better for Trump than RV polls. One of the things to watch is the issue listed as most important. If it's law and order, jobs or the economy, then Trump has a large advantage. I suspect those will be the top three in some order.

:bs

It was not at all difficult. There were a lot of people that thought he was railroaded.

I see a replay of 2018. Blue Tsunami!

True, the right has no intention of uniting with the rest of America, Obama was just an excuse for many to come out of the closet and show their lack-o-class.

Nope, not even then, all we have heard is a bunch of righties whining about have to wear a mask and their "Rights!"

Wrong again, it is being held up because the Repubs refuse to give any money to hard pressed States and don't want to give an inch on any of the issues, the Dems already offered to compromise the Repubs said no, and just so ya know, the American People know who is not doing their job and it isn't the Dems.

November cannot get here soon enough the sooner this Nation is rid of Trump and the Senate becomes Dem controlled the better off this Nation will be.

Yeah - then we can spend $100 trillion on the "green new deal". What a crock of s***.

We have ~150 years of recorded temperatures from planet Earth, which is about 4.3 billion years old. I'd feel much more comfortable with having at least 3-4 billion years of recorded temps to prove that this alleged global warming was/is caused by man. I do not believe for a second that a 50-75 year period of the industrial revolution caused Earth's temp to rise severely as the dems claim. Much more proof is needed before $100 trillion is appropriated.

The various states that desperately need money but most were hurting before COVID-19, including my state of New Jersey, who wants $10 billion extra from the federal government.

Thing is - the federal government already dishes out a ton of money to the states -

[FONT=&quot]In 2013 federal aid to the states accounted for roughly 30 percent of all state general revenues. Federal aid varies from state to state. For example, [/FONT]Mississippi[FONT=&quot] received approximately $7.5 billion in federal aid in 2013, accounting for about 43 percent of the state's general revenues, the highest percentage of all of the states. By contrast, [/FONT]North Dakota[FONT=&quot] received about $1.5 billion in federal aid in 2013, or just 19 percent of the state's general revenues, the lowest percentage in the nation.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][6][/FONT]
Historical State budget and finance information - Ballotpedia

That is ridiculous, especially given the billions of dollars that each state already collects from various state taxes like income tax, sales tax, gas tax, etc... How much more do they want from us federal taxpayers??

Crazy Pelosi said again today that she'll meet with republicans when they agree to be reasonable and fund what needs to be funded. I guess that Nanci needs more ice cream plus another $25 million for the Kennedy Center - again. Why are taxpayers funding the Kennedy Center anyway? If they can't make it on their own - shut it down.

Dems complain just as much as republicans about being forced to wear a mask. I wear one to lessen my chances of contracting COVID-19 and NJ mandates it.

Last edited:
I don't see how she can help Biden after virtually accusing him of sexual harassment.

She is a gift to Trump.

I can't see a TV debate ever taking part now, as Trump has now even more ammunition to ridicule Biden.

I see a replay of 2018. Blue Tsunami!
Except red. I think that's about right.

In 2018 the Democrats had the Mueller report expected out in early 2019. They whipped up the base by promising to impeach, assuming that Mueller would find the smoking gun. Instead, it was an exoneration. Instead we endured the Schiff fiasco. All this angered the Republicans and embittered the Democrats.

2020 brought the pandemic. While there has been a massive effort to blame President Trump and to claim he did a poor job, he actually did very solid work handling the crisis. Now, the attempts to drag out the business closings and stifle reopening are generating more resentment. Most recently, we have the riots. The refusal of the elected officials--all Democrats--to enforce the law. Once again, Democrats are alienating voters that they need to be wooing.

I have no doubt that President Trump will be reelected and that Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. The question is whether the Republicans will take back the House.

Vice presidents have had little effect on elections in history.

Pence helps Trump with the evangelicals.

Harris will help Biden with blacks.

But there's not going to be a huge effect.

Not sure if young blacks will support someone hell bent on putting them in jail when she was AG of California.

Except red. I think that's about right.

In 2018 the Democrats had the Mueller report expected out in early 2019. They whipped up the base by promising to impeach, assuming that Mueller would find the smoking gun. Instead, it was an exoneration. Instead we endured the Schiff fiasco. All this angered the Republicans and embittered the Democrats.

2020 brought the pandemic. While there has been a massive effort to blame President Trump and to claim he did a poor job, he actually did very solid work handling the crisis. Now, the attempts to drag out the business closings and stifle reopening are generating more resentment. Most recently, we have the riots. The refusal of the elected officials--all Democrats--to enforce the law. Once again, Democrats are alienating voters that they need to be wooing.

I have no doubt that President Trump will be reelected and that Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. The question is whether the Republicans will take back the House.

Not sure how any one can say trump is doing a good job with the virus. We are our second wave right now with another one coming in the fall. Countries that failed originally like italy and china are doing better than trump.

Some former Trump voters may actually vote Democrat because of her selection. If he would have chosen one of the "squad like" nuts there would be no chance of this. If they can kick the progressive agenda to the curb I might actually vote for them. Probably not because I hate liberals so much.

Some former Trump voters may actually vote Democrat because of her selection.

Lol what???

Harris compares ICE agents to KKK members, suggests terrorists be allowed to vote from prison, proposes restrictions in the amount of red meat people are allowed to consume, wants to ban plastic straws, and favors government-mandated health care where citizens are not allowed to choose their physician.

Lol what???

Harris compares ICE agents to KKK members, suggests terrorists be allowed to vote from prison, proposes restrictions in the amount of red meat people are allowed to consume, wants to ban plastic straws, and favors government-mandated health care where citizens are not allowed to choose their physician.

She's moderate compared to the other whackadoo's.

Lol what???

Don't forget she wants free health care and education for illegals, citizenship for all the illegals in the US and open borders, which probably means a possible US citizenship for 3 billion people.

Don't forget she wants free health care and education for illegals, citizenship for all the illegals in the US and open borders, which probably means a possible US citizenship for 3 billion people.

Theory of threes --> Three lies in one post --

Trump just called her nasty 3 times in the press conference just now. Wanna seriously go there? :roll:

:shrug: and? Trump was going to call any VP rude and crude names, because he's a puerile man-child with the impulse control of a three year old in a store, the moral restraint of a narcissist, and the lizard cunning of a schoolyard bully.

Having Trump call you "nasty" isn't a form of scrutiny. It simply means he found himself at least momentarily irritated by you, or was told by OAN or F&F that he was supposed to be irritated at you.

Back
Top Bottom