• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will BLM backfire on the Liberals?

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Trump countered that "it's far worse, and certainly far worse than (the President) believes it is."

Earlier Monday, Trump had delivered a speech promoting VA reforms, but also touched on the violence, offering his support to law enforcement in the wake of the Dallas shooting.

He lamented the "ongoing catastrophe of crime" in inner cities and argued police officers face similar "harassment" of the nature U.S. soldiers returning from the Vietnam War confronted.

Donald Trump warns last week's violence might be 'just the beginning' - CNNPolitics.com

After the death of Eric Garner in a police takedown, Black Lives Matter led mobs onto the streets and highways of Manhattan chanting, "What do we Want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now!"

In anti-police demonstrations since, another chant has been, "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon."

This is pure hatred, and as it is directed against white cops, racist.

Obama should tell Black Lives Matter to stop the hate. But though he has shown no reluctance to lecture white America, he has rarely shown the same stern judgment with black America.

Now there is no denying that urban black communities are among the most heavily policed. Why? As Heather Mac Donald, author of "The War on Cops," writes of a city she knows well:

"Black people make up 23 percent of New York's population, but they commit 75 percent of all shootings. ... Whites are 33 percent of the city's population, but they commit fewer than 2 percent of all shootings...

"These disparities mean that virtually every time that police in New York are called out after a shooting, they are being summoned into minority neighborhoods looking for minority suspects."

Monday, Donald Trump declared himself "the law and order candidate," and added: "America's police ... are what separates civilization from total chaos and destruction of our country as we know it."

And Clinton? On Friday, she said, "I'm going to be talking to white people. I think we're the ones who have to start listening."

Prediction: If Black Lives Matter does not clean up its act, Obama and Clinton will have to throw this crowd over the side, or the BLM will take her down.

Black Lives Matter Spells Trouble for Democrats | RealClearPolitics

As in the organization or just the people chanting the motto? If the former, I'd say it's backfired already given what I saw of their insufferable encounters with Sanders and Clinton. I like the motto, but I cannot stand the actual organization.

It is pretty amazing (not in a positive way) how many of these race-related riots have happened under the President people were saying would heal racial tensions. Racial tensions are far worse than anytime in my lifetime.

Trump countered that "it's far worse, and certainly far worse than (the President) believes it is."

Earlier Monday, Trump had delivered a speech promoting VA reforms, but also touched on the violence, offering his support to law enforcement in the wake of the Dallas shooting.

He lamented the "ongoing catastrophe of crime" in inner cities and argued police officers face similar "harassment" of the nature U.S. soldiers returning from the Vietnam War confronted.

Donald Trump warns last week's violence might be 'just the beginning' - CNNPolitics.com

After the death of Eric Garner in a police takedown, Black Lives Matter led mobs onto the streets and highways of Manhattan chanting, "What do we Want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now!"

In anti-police demonstrations since, another chant has been, "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon."

Obama should tell Black Lives Matter to stop the hate. But though he has shown no reluctance to lecture white America, he has rarely shown the same stern judgment with black America.

Now there is no denying that urban black communities are among the most heavily policed. Why? As Heather Mac Donald, author of "The War on Cops," writes of a city she knows well:

"Black people make up 23 percent of New York's population, but they commit 75 percent of all shootings. ... Whites are 33 percent of the city's population, but they commit fewer than 2 percent of all shootings...

"These disparities mean that virtually every time that police in New York are called out after a shooting, they are being summoned into minority neighborhoods looking for minority suspects."

Monday, Donald Trump declared himself "the law and order candidate," and added: "America's police ... are what separates civilization from total chaos and destruction of our country as we know it."

And Clinton? On Friday, she said, "I'm going to be talking to white people. I think we're the ones who have to start listening."

Prediction: If Black Lives Matter does not clean up its act, Obama and Clinton will have to throw this crowd over the side, or the BLM will take her down.

Hmph. Your "RealClearPolitics" reference that spells doom and gloom for Dems? It was written by Patrick Buchanan.

The backfire isn't against the Dems for sticking with BLM even with all of the (mostly false or wildly misleading) accusations you posted against them above. The backfire's going to be against the GOP, not only in this election, but in every following election as long as the GOP continues to turn its back against minorities in general and blacks in particular. In case you haven't noticed, but Romney got a higher percentage of the white vote than Reagan but STILL lost badly. Why? Because there's a lot more minorities than before, and your side has gone out of its way to alienate them even further. If Hillary gets the same - or even a bit less - of the white vote as Obama did, Trump is toast.

In other words, your side is committing electoral seppuku. And because y'all are so hidebound to hate Dems and liberals (mostly thanks to the Religious Right making it a sin and the talk show hosts effectively becoming kingmakers within the party), there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

It is pretty amazing (not in a positive way) how many of these race-related riots have happened under the President people were saying would heal racial tensions. Racial tensions are far worse than anytime in my lifetime.

Cute, but you can't pin BLM and any of their shennanigans on Obama. BLM would have happened if President Whitey McCracker had been elected instead. The reason is technology: camera phones have made it possible to capture bad police behavior, whereas in the past it was always the suspect's word versus that of the police.

Not so long as conservatives continue to give the impression that black lives don't matter.

Cute, but you can't pin BLM and any of their shennanigans on Obama. BLM would have happened if President Whitey McCracker had been elected instead.

Oh, I agree -- but I believe he hasn't tried in any way to calm it down. Quite the opposite. The media is to blame as well.

Also -- I don't think our next President will do anything to help it either.

Last edited:
Not so long as conservatives continue to give the impression that black lives don't matter.

All lives matter to us, we don't make exceptions based on race... like ya'll do.

This election, in my view, will feel zero impact from the BLM organization. The dye is already cast and Hillary Clinton will be the next President, unfortunately. Donald Trump is an imbecilic asshole and the absolute worst possible candidate for the seriousness of the political times. I'd be surprised if he wasn't slaughtered in this election with Clinton taking over 300 electoral college votes.

The aftermath - the coming 4 years of her term in office - will be drastically affected by BLM and could potentially see the race riots of the 60s and 70s and/or the late 90s come again to major American cities. That would be a tragedy. And I see Hillary Clinton as being entirely ill prepared and ill suited to handle it.

Get ready.

I have always seen BLM as a hate group and they have cemented that opinion home with their actions and opinions. I don’t see that supporting this group will make a difference with the average liberal voter considering the blinders they have on in regard to Clinton and acceptance of Obamas less than stelar record on race relations. Let’s keep in mind that Obama takes race relation advice from Al Sharpton.

In reality Clinton or Obama really don’t care about this hate group, all they are concerned with is keeping as much of the minority vote as possible, If that includes selling their soul or a pound of flesh they will do so.

Oh, I agree -- but I believe he hasn't tried in any way to calm it down. Quite the opposite. The media is to blame as well.

Also -- I don't think our next President will do anything to help it either.

Obama isn't allowed to comment on race, or he'll be seen as "racially dividing the country." There's nothing Obama can do, really, because one group of people already understand that America has bad skeletons in its race closet, and one group is just plain pissed off that a black guy is president, and genuinely believes that he's out to punish white people.

I hope so, just so we can end this period of stagnant, Centrist Authoritarianism masquerading about as Moderate Left and Moderate Right.

Cute, but you can't pin BLM and any of their shennanigans on Obama. BLM would have happened if President Whitey McCracker had been elected instead. The reason is technology: camera phones have made it possible to capture bad police behavior, whereas in the past it was always the suspect's word versus that of the police.

I suspect that If Obama came out and condemned this hate groups speech and actions we wouldn't be even discussing them now. What he did is invite them into the oval office and gave them legitimacy. Just recently he has anointed them with praise and comparison to the cilvil rights movement and the woman's rights/suffrage movement.

Again, as in an early post I alluded to, these politicians couldn’t give a toss about this group, minorities are just a voting block to be thrown a bone now and again.

I suspect that If Obama came out and condemned this hate groups speech and actions we wouldn't be even discussing them now. What he did is invite them into the oval office and gave them legitimacy. Just recently he has anointed them with praise and comparison to the cilvil rights movement and the woman's rights/suffrage movement.

Again, as in an early post I alluded to, these politicians couldn’t give a toss about this group, minorities are just a voting block to be thrown a bone now and again.

You sound like you're speaking from a place of informed and specific knowledge, and not at all like you're throwing out bumper sticker rhetoric entirely lacking in tangible substance.

You sound like you're speaking from a place of informed and specific knowledge, and not at all like you're throwing out bumper sticker rhetoric entirely lacking in tangible substance.

I’m sorry you feel this way, maybe you are just misinformed. Yes, Obama did have an oval office meeting with some of the prominent leaders of the BLM, this is fact. Yes, in recent statements Obama compared the BLM to the Suffrage movement and civil rights movement, again another fact.

As for my claim of a voting block, you may want to go back to LBJ and his statement of having those ( insert -N- word) voting Democrat for the next one hundred years.

I do understand that facts are uncomfortable, but I am not naive enough to disregard them.

This election, in my view, will feel zero impact from the BLM organization. The dye is already cast and Hillary Clinton will be the next President, unfortunately. Donald Trump is an imbecilic asshole and the absolute worst possible candidate for the seriousness of the political times. I'd be surprised if he wasn't slaughtered in this election with Clinton taking over 300 electoral college votes.

The aftermath - the coming 4 years of her term in office - will be drastically affected by BLM and could potentially see the race riots of the 60s and 70s and/or the late 90s come again to major American cities. That would be a tragedy. And I see Hillary Clinton as being entirely ill prepared and ill suited to handle it.

Get ready.

Your first paragraph is spot on. Your second...not so much.

She will handle it with the competence and sophistication she displayed with her emails. She will push for more global liberalism federalization of the police and the further erosion of our rights.

America will be $30T in debt after 8 years of Hillary and all but flushed down the toilet.

Great Points!

I’m sorry you feel this way, maybe you are just misinformed. Yes, Obama did have an oval office meeting with some of the prominent leaders of the BLM, this is fact. Yes, in recent statements Obama compared the BLM to the Suffrage movement and civil rights movement, again another fact.

As for my claim of a voting block, you may want to go back to LBJ and his statement of having those ( insert -N- word) voting Democrat for the next one hundred years.

I do understand that facts are uncomfortable, but I am not naive enough to disregard them.

Lyndon B Johnson was the President in the early sixties - it's time to move on. And facts are what we all keep talking about - but only people who want to listen are listening. What is your answer to the crime rate in the predominantly black communities committed by blacks? When are people going to accept responsibility and stop blaming the civil war on today's behavior?

She will handle it with the competence and sophistication she displayed with her emails. She will push for more global liberalism federalization of the police and the further erosion of our rights.

America will be $30T in debt after 8 years of Hillary and all but flushed down the toilet.

Competence with the emails - that's funny. Even she can't keep a straight face with that statement.

Yep. BO has always been a divider. He praised BLM and invited them into the White House, leftists tend to forget those things. Thanks to the kook left, the nation is even more divided than it ever has been.

Get ready.

Well, you are correct with the die hard liberal voters, But you are missing the “what if ” scenario. After all, Trump has redefined what we term normal predictors with a candidate. Sadly, all the US could muster is these two gutter slim imbeciles.

If the violence from BLM and other groups continues, and I think it will, Trump will jump on this as the law enforcement champion, which he has already started to do. If you add that into the Clinton lawlessness or above the law it will resinate with some. I predict every dirty trick possible with the Clintons, voter fraud, intimidation, pay for votes you name it. After all if she doesn’t win, she, her husband and possibly their daughter will be behind bars.

A Trump presidency may be a small price to pay to bring down this upper soulless tier of the democratic party.

Back
Top Bottom