• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will any nation ever attempt an attack on American soil (not terriorst)?

Will any nation ever attempt an attack on American soil (not terriorst)?

• Yes (Please explain your answer in comments)

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Thor

Reaction score
Will any nation ever attempt an attack on American soil (not including terrorist)?

I would like to know who you thnk it will be. What events do you for see being the reason?

Thor said:
Will any nation ever attempt an attack on American soil (not including terrorist)?

I would like to know who you thnk it will be. What events do you for see being the reason?

I'm not so certain the North Koreans aren't just dumb enough. I honestly think if they could launch a missile and hit Hawaii they might just do it. Jong-Il is nutz, IMO.

And I've been keeping a close eye on those da*n Canadians for some time now. I mean come on, people that consume that much beer can not possibly be that polite all the time. They've got to be up to something.

If you consider embassies "American soil" (which they are) - then undoughtedly.

But, the question is kind of hard to answer without a crystal ball.

It doesn't have to be a exact science. For this poll we will not count embassies.

I love the Canadian comment. :p

I agree with Pac, if there is a country that would dare it, it would be NK. But it could only be done with a missile. No country will ever be able to launch an attack on us like the Japanese did in 1941. I think we would see it coming before they got off the ground.

Batman said:
I agree with Pac, if there is a country that would dare it, it would be NK. But it could only be done with a missile. No country will ever be able to launch an attack on us like the Japanese did in 1941. I think we would see it coming before they got off the ground.

Ok. If this happen what would the U.S. responce? Nuclear or conventional attack?

Thor said:
Ok. If this happen what would the U.S. responce? Nuclear or conventional attack?

Well if the NK's got a missile to Hawaii like Pac said, I think the response would have to be conventional due to the geography of NK and the nations that surround it. We have plenty of non-nuke weapons that could devastate NK without harming SK or parts of China.

Batman said:
Well if the NK's got a missile to Hawaii like Pac said, I think the response would have to be conventional due to the geography of NK and the nations that surround it. We have plenty of non-nuke weapons that could devastate NK without harming SK or parts of China.

Nuke tech has changed over the years. We could certainly hit NK with a nuke and not have that much effect on other surrounding nations. But I agree with "Bat" I think we'd hit them Convent.

Pacridge said:
Nuke tech has changed over the years. We could certainly hit NK with a nuke and not have that much effect on other surrounding nations. But I agree with "Bat" I think we'd hit them Convent.

Do you think China would stand for American influence that close to them during post war times? I this case I can see the U.S. making a home there for a long time.

Thor said:
Do you think China would stand for American influence that close to them during post war times? I this case I can see the U.S. making a home there for a long time.

Well we've been in South Korea now for some fifty year or so, so? I don't know. I guess I really don't understand the US/China relations very well. Seems to me we depend on each other economically quite a bit, more so everyday. Money talks, usually pretty da*n loudly.

Will another country attack the USA? No. When the US empire finally falls, (and this may be a year from now or a thousand years from now), it will do so by inside forces. I think the USA is just too powerful to ever be destroyed now by another country through war, so I doubt there will be any attacks made by other countries. But there is always the possibility of a revolution (political or violent) or a complete economic collapse, or something along those lines. So, to answer your question, I believe someday the USA will attack the USA.

No nation will ever try to invade the US as they have 3 guns to every one person lol.

The invasion has already started along the southern border.

If NK, are any other country for that matter, where to launch a nuke at us i don't thank we would worry about not hitting civilian targets. If thay where to do it wile Bush where in office, I feal sorry for them, I thank his Texas roots would come out and you don't want to see a ****ed off Texan with enough nukes to distroy the entire world 200 times over.

Absolutely not. We have the largest civilian militia in the world. That was one reason Japan made no attempts to invade California in WWII. However, if the gun control agenda has its way, then that will be a thing of the past. Then, who knows.

I would say no in the same manner we have not used nuclear weapons on another nation. Nuclear weapons are used as a deterrent to have checks and balances on nations who have them. It is much like the cold war where Russia and the United States threatened each other which such actions of using a nuclear weapon to obtain power status. Eventually Russia lost in that cold war era and this was done without the use of nuclear weapons. It is my belief the leaders of countries who have such weapons are only trying to let the U.S. know and understand they are not the only power nation in the world and the U.S. uses it to maintain their power status in the world.

GarzaUK said:
No nation will ever try to invade the US as they have 3 guns to every one person lol.
If they invaded from the east, they would make it was far as WVa, our Fords and Shotguns would drive the largest forces back to the sea. If they invaded from the West, they would see California, and be very confused with all the same sex walking together, and prolly stop right there.

Thor said:
It doesn't have to be a exact science. For this poll we will not count embassies.

I love the Canadian comment. :p

At some point the Canadians will join with another country and try to fight us. Plus with all those liberals that imigrated to Canada it is going to be corrupt.

Batman said:
Lots of folks think we knew it was coming but closed our eyes.

Tonight, the History Channel is airing what they have been 'teasing' to be an expose' of FDR's duplicity.

I wonder what they'll show? :roll:

Batman said:

I may be wrong, but I remember hearing reports that NK had (or was close to completing) a missile that could 1) carry a nuclear payload, and 2) reach not just hawaii, but LA.

In that case, i would say they will probably eventually attack us.

Go Go Gadget Missile Defense Shield!

Im gonna say North Korea will oneday....... It has little facts to support it but its just a gut feeling

Hi Konqwest! :2wave:

welcomeblue.gif

satinloveslibs said:
At some point the Canadians will join with another country and try to fight us. Plus with all those liberals that imigrated to Canada it is going to be corrupt.

Lol, you're the best Satin.

If this is a joke, i'm laughing.

If not.....i'm still laughing.

Konqwest said:
Im gonna say North Korea will oneday....... It has little facts to support it but its just a gut feeling

That'd be political suicide for North Korea. Plus, they wouldn't be able to hold the American Citizens intact, we'd have uprisings before they captured our country. I'd be more concern with North Korea invading Japan then the United States, honestly, who wants bunch of Yanks and 'Necks?

Back
Top Bottom