• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Amy Coney Barrett Cost Republicans the Senate?

I am Catholic, her Catholic belief is not the issue. Her membership in that weird group she belongs to, is.

Thank you for saying that That is the point. . Some of us just don't think a Judge should allow their religious views to cause them to make a bias judgement. We want laws applied without any predisposed biases, period. Her religious views are respected by me I just think they need be detached from her job. I think that is the issue being questioned not her religion but if she would have it render a decision bias.

He's a dim wit. Calling him an anti-Christ gives him powers he never had or will have. He is sadly a drunk which is a sad thing because it appears to run in his family and his Uncle and grandfather were consumed by it and it seems to be impacting on him as well. His late night tweet calling out imagined people to fight a mail conspiracy was a pathetic drunken tirade. He was drunk. His father needs to look at his own son before attacking Biden's son.

You have actual evidence that President Trump is a "drunk"?

Though not. More mindless false allegations.

That fact that Republicans are prioritizing getting her confirmed rather than passing a COVID 19 relief package for Americans is what will cost them the Senate majority.

It is an addition to a long list of reasons, starting with the stupid acquittal in February. The rattlesnake recently said he will wait until after the election to renegotiate on COVID-19 relief money despite having the disease himself. I am sure he just wants the Senate to start the confirmation hearing this week and get her on the bench before November 3.

Getting confirmed to overturn Roe during a pandemic might be a bad idea since using aborted fetuses appears to have help saved the life of POTUS.

We should not think about saving any unborn lives that nobody wanted until no born person needs to wear a mask to avoid getting sick.

It is an addition to a long list of reasons, starting with the stupid acquittal in February. The rattlesnake recently said he will wait until after the election to renegotiate on COVID-19 relief money despite having the disease himself. I am sure he just wants the Senate to start the confirmation hearing this week and get her on the bench before November 3.

We should not think about saving any unborn lives that nobody wanted until no born person needs to wear a mask to avoid getting sick.
‘The Rattlesnake’.
That is absolutely perfect.

Best outcome for the Republicans is for Trump to lose and the Republicans hold the Senate. Confirm Barrett to the SCOTUS on the way.

You people forget the obvious. Chances are the Democrats will only control the Senate for two years given the average losses the party of the president takes in the first off year elections.

LMAO... You are thinking of the traditional house losses... If they add two states, those four additional seats will almost certainly be democrat held senate seats. Dream on... Here are senators who will facing an election in 2023:

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.16.49 AM.png

Mitch McConnell has a tricky needle to thread.

I personally think "Moscow" Mitch McConnell, both a politician and a strategist, will hold a Senate SCOTUS confirmation vote asap figuring that this will help more GOP Senators up for reelection (like Lindsey Graham and perhaps Lisa Murkowski) than hurt others who are probably already dead meat (such as Susan Collins and Cory Gardner). I tend to think stacking the Supreme Court with a 6-3 conservative majority and lifetime appointments is more important to McConnell than remaining the Senate Majority Leader for the next four years. By and large, Republicans have given up on attaining party goals via the Congressional-legislative route, and instead now look to the courts to advance their various agenda. It's difficult to say anymore what ideology the GOP still holds dear, since it has cast aside all traditional Republican/conservative values under Donald Trump and Trumpism.
You don't understand the concept of stacking the courts. Constitutionally filling a SCOTUS seat is not stacking the court. Making more than 9 SCOTUS members is stacking the courts.

EDIT: There is no precedent in the courts or in The Constitution to have an equal number of' literal interpreters' of The Constitution to 'non-literal interpreters' of The Constitution. Well, The Constitution expects to be interpreted literally. Some judges, however, do not expect The Constitution to be interpreted literally.

You have actual evidence that President Trump is a "drunk"?

Though not. More mindless false allegations.
I don't think he's a drunk. I think he's reacting to the steroids he was prescribed when he got COVID.

I think people use the term "roidrage" for a reason.

You can't be serious.

You really think the kind of steroids used for lung inflammations (like the ones Trump was prescribed) are even remotely similar to the ones used to build up skeletal muscles.

Do some reading dude.

You can't be serious.

You really think the kind of steroids used for lung inflammations (like the ones Trump was prescribed) are even remotely similar to the ones used to build up skeletal muscles.

Do some reading dude.
"Some of the more common side effects can affect a patient's mental state, such as aggression, agitation, anxiety, irritability, depression, changes to mood, and nervousness. Trouble thinking, speaking or walking can also occur."

Hard to say. Barrett's confirmation is certainly keeping Democrats good and pissed off, although to be fair Republicans were going to give Democrats something to be pissed off about anyway.

If Republicans ever thought strategically they'd lay off the trolling for a few months and let Democratic voters settle down. They can't seem to grasp that rage is an extraordinary effective voter turnout tool.

The American people try to balance forces in politics. they will in this as well. It will be seen as a countrebalance, to have Dem control or senate, house and pres.

All I know is Amy will forever be known as Amy Covid Barrett after her Rose Garden fiasco. Poor thing. Trump has already rubbed his dirtiness on her and she's not even there yet.

I don't think Trump would be going to such extremes if he didn't bank on her being biased. Just my two sense.

Back
Top Bottom