• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Americans believe Mueller's evidence or Trump's word?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Eventually Mueller will end the investigation with a report filled with whatever evidence he finds to support what he and his team decides is what happened with the Russian interference of our elections and illegal actions taken by anyone after the fact. At that time the American people will have to decide whether they believe Mueller and his evidence or Trump. Who do you think that a majority of Americans will believe and why?

I suspect a majority will listen to Mueller.

Trump's base would have to admit that they have been relentlessly lying, denying, and deflecting to protect Trump, and after seeing the way they've behaved on DP all these years I don't think their character would allow it. No matter what Mueller says, they will rush here to try to obscure it with angry and stupid noise.

We can only hope that enough sane people respond honestly to whatever he says.

Around 33-37% will believe Trump. The same percentage we always see on polls. AKA, his base.

Eventually Mueller will end the investigation with a report filled with whatever evidence he finds to support what he and his team decides is what happened with the Russian interference of our elections and illegal actions taken by anyone after the fact. At that time the American people will have to decide whether they believe Mueller and his evidence or Trump. Who do you think that a majority of Americans will believe and why?

25% will believe Mueller. 25% will believe Mueller is full of ****. 15% will believe it's all a conspiracy and that the crab people are running the whole thing. 35% will, when queried on the subject, say "Who are Trump and Mueller?".

Given what the 40% do with everything already obvious and the indictments thus far they will believe Trump when he says the evidence is fake and everyone else will accept it. TrumpHumpers will yell WITCHHUNT all the way to the end.

At that time the American people will have to decide whether they believe Mueller and his evidence or Trump. Who do you think that a majority of Americans will believe and why?

The majority of Americans already know better than to trust a word that comes out of Trump's mouth.

I think a better question would be if Mueller's report does not find any evidence to support what people think may be true will it be believed?

I'm leaning to believing Mueller but need to wait and see what information released before I make my choice.

I think your question implies that there will be a difference between Mueller's evidence and Trump's word.
How about we turn the question around, will the Never Trumpers believe Mueller, if he finds no evidence?

I think that if the Mueller report is damning against Donald Trump, most Americans will believe it, but many portions of his base will believe that this was a set-up. If the Mueller Report is anodyne towards the Trump administration, essentially turning up little to no criminal activity except lies to the FBI (but no underlying crimes beyond obstruction of justice), then I suspect a large portion of the political left will react with as much negativity and anger as was expected from those on the political right.

25% will believe Mueller. 25% will believe Mueller is full of ****. 15% will believe it's all a conspiracy and that the crab people are running the whole thing. 35% will, when queried on the subject, say "Who are Trump and Mueller?".

If you've come around on this, congratulations, but let's not pretend you weren't spouting "witch hunt" conspiracy theories for the last two years. No crab people, true. That's sort of a plus.

But you very much have acted like it's some conspiracy to *get* Trump when in reality he surrounded himself with criminal scum who crimes were often in relation to Russia, who made numerous eye-grabbing statements like inviting Russia to hack Hillary's emails, and who did things like have his son visit Russians with promises of dirty on Hillary (only to get played). That kind of stuff tends to attract spotlights

So again, if you're finally over the phase of calling this some conspiracy to nail Trump, great! But you should do some atoning.

It's my personal belief that Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News have already coronated how they will aggressively respond to the report. It doesn't matter what's in it. They will attack.

The deplorables will believe Trump, they have already shown they don't care about facts and Trump's lies.

The rest will believe the guy with an impeccable track record and who has shown complete professionalism throughout the entire process.

Anybody who isn't a complete idiot or a dishonest hack would as well

It's my personal belief that Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News have already coronated how they will aggressively respond to the report. It doesn't matter what's in it. They will attack.

It’ll make my year if Sean Hannity was in Mueller’s report.

Will Americans believe Mueller's evidence or Trump's word?

rotflmao.gif

Most Americans will believe the Mueller investigation results. Although faith in our institutions has been battered under Trump the majority of Americans still respect the professionalism of the FBI and the institution. We have had two years to judge Trump on the job and most of us look upon him with apprehension and suspicion. Our institutions are grounded in the bedrock of America and cannot be completely undermined by the blatant attempt Trump has been waging to discredit all of our investigative institutions. Whatever views are of Comey, McCabe, Strzok, and Page they don't have jobs for political reasons not criminal reasons. Sentiment against them should not reflect on the institution and 30,000 other dedicated public servants. Findings of the Special Prosecutor should not be declared null and void despite all of the attempts to discredit the man and the institution he is a represenitive of.

Hard to see how anyone would believe a word Donald says, given his long standing love affair with lying.

Will enough of his supporters care is the real question.

" Mueller's Evidence???!!!!" Did he finally "get the goods" on Trump's kindergarten MILK CART ABUSES???

chuck norris laugh trump russian collusion.jpg

Mueller get Trump on anything.jpg

mueller gets GOP janitor.jpg

Attachments

• good fellas laugh.jpg
    good fellas laugh.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 26

Keep in mind that 25% of people supported Nixon even after the tapes. But Nixon didn't have the same personality cult Trump has. So, I would say 35% of people will continue to support Trump no matter what Mueller says.

But after the report will come the impeachment. I think even Republicans who are loyal to Trump may be swayed by real evidence. If the evidence is incontrovertible then he'll be removed. If he's not removed the spectacle of the Senate trial will be extremely damaging to Trump for 2020. He can't win with just his base and Republicans will be seen as supporting a traitor and crook by independents.

Once again the Russian troll shows his head.

Hey ignorant, stop a minute with the ludicrous false meme's to check this out......

Drunk Rudy admitted collusion last night.

Oh no, I guess you were wrong and your guy is on a sinking swamp raft! Enjoy!:2rofll:

DO you remember that Comey 9 days before the election swung the election to Trump by coming out with something about emails. Before that Clinton was ahead by a large margin and that swung the election to Trump. so stop the bullsh*t. I think again you are a Russian troll, are you?

DO you remember that Comey 9 days before the election swung the election to Trump by coming out with something about emails. Before that Clinton was ahead by a large margin and that swung the election to Trump. so stop the bullsh*t. I think again you are a Russian troll, are you?

No, I remember Comey being FORCED to act on the Hillary/Wiener emails HE HAD SAT ON FOR OVER A MONTH, DESPERATELY TRYING TO HIDE THEM UNTIL AFTER THE ELLECTION, BECAUSE THE STORY WAS COMING OUT ANYWAY.

I also remember the DESPERATE OBSTRUCTION of calling it a "matter" instead of an "investigation".

No, I remember Comey being FORCED to act on the Hillary/Wiener emails HE HAD SAT ON FOR OVER A MONTH, DESPERATELY TRYING TO HIDE THEM UNTIL AFTER THE ELLECTION, BECAUSE THE STORY WAS COMING OUT ANYWAY.

I also remember the DESPERATE OBSTRUCTION of calling it a "matter" instead of an "investigation".

I heard the Clintons were trafficking minor sex slaves through a pizza shop. Did you hear about that? What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom