• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will american girls like me ? [W:92]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbull

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I am very respectful , very nice , and I treat people with dignity , regardless of nationality . I'm young - 24 , I speak a couple of languages , and absolutely love music and movies.

Only problem is - i'm an israeli . which is not the best nationality in the world . I know israeli boys are known for being rude , aggresive and disgusting . i'm not however . But i don't think the fact i'm not like the other israelis will help me make an american girl , or a bunch , like me .

I'm moving to Florida for my studies , with a lot of insecurities . That's why i'm asking .

I am very respectful , very nice , and I treat people with dignity , regardless of nationality . I'm young - 24 , I speak a couple of languages , and absolutely love music and movies.

Only problem is - i'm an israeli . which is not the best nationality in the world . I know israeli boys are known for being rude , aggresive and disgusting . i'm not however . But i don't think the fact i'm not like the other israelis will help me make an american girl , or a bunch , like me .

I'm moving to Florida for my studies , with a lot of insecurities . That's why i'm asking .

If "Israeli boys are known for being rude, aggressive and disgusting"... that is news to me. Never heard anyone say that.

Florida (or at least many parts of it) are very cosmopolitan with many ethnic groups. I doubt you're going to run into any large amount of anti-Israeli zealotry there.

Whats up with you and being Israeli? Seriously. Are you looking for an argument? Did someone tell you that Americans dont like Israelis?
Come to Florida. Tons of Jews here. And if you have a decent line, tons of chicks that dig dudes from over seas.

American women will love your accent. Treat them nice and don't lead with your heart. American women really don't have any preconceived opinions that will prevent you from having meaningful relationships. Don't make it something it isn't.

Be yourself, as long as you aren't rude and disgusting. There are enough American men who are already that way. Most American women have no opinions of Israelis. It will be what you make it. Enjoy it and best of luck to you.

Where in Florida will you study?

If "Israeli boys are known for being rude, aggressive and disgusting"... that is news to me. Never heard anyone say that.

Florida (or at least many parts of it) are very cosmopolitan with many ethnic groups. I doubt you're going to run into any large amount of anti-Israeli zealotry there.

I was going to say the same. I've never heard that before.

American women will love your accent. Treat them nice and don't lead with your heart. American women really don't have any preconceived opinions that will prevent you from having meaningful relationships. Don't make it something it isn't.

Be yourself, as long as you aren't rude and disgusting. There are enough American men who are already that way. Most American women have no opinions of Israelis. It will be what you make it. Enjoy it and best of luck to you.

Where in Florida will you study?

american girls are always attracted to foreign accents. I don't have one when i speak english though . i sound "american".

So this is why you're fretting over this... someone has TOLD you that Americans view Israeli's in this manner.

Well, they lied, or were mistaken.

Most Americans have few preconceptions about Israelis.

I was going to say the same. I've never heard that before.

my american female pal told me it's the french who are known as rude and disgusting in the USA . Too bad , I speak french...

Tell them you are Italian. The girls to whom that will matter are dumb enough they would never know the difference.

my american female pal told me it's the french who are known as rude and disgusting in the USA . Too bad , I speak french...

I thought you said it was Israelis? Now it's French too? :lol: Make up your mind will you?

If you're a nice guy in general? Girls will like you. American girls tend to be attracted to foreign accents, in my opinion. I think you'll do just fine.

american girls are always attracted to foreign accents. I don't have one when i speak english though . i sound "american".

Heh... son, AMERICANS do not "sound American". :)

We have many accents. The dialect of Massachusetts differs from New York City, and both differ dramatically from Southern American, and none of those are exactly like Midwestern American, and California has its own set of dialects. Then there are the various ethnic dialects and common second languages like Spanish.

Also, there's a saying about Florida... NOBODY is FROM Florida, they just live there. :) In other words native-born Floridians who are not "from somewhere else" are relatively uncommon. There will be many many dialects in any metro FL area.

they will love you so much if you didnt imprison any hamas militant :lol:

Tell them you are Italian. The girls to whom that will matter are dumb enough they would never know the difference.

Unless you came to the United States before you were ten years old? Or unless you've been voice coached? You have an accent.

Whats up with you and being Israeli? Seriously. Are you looking for an argument? Did someone tell you that Americans dont like Israelis?
Come to Florida. Tons of Jews here. And if you have a decent line, tons of chicks that dig dudes from over seas.

Well.....that and some money. I never saw a broke man picking up all kinds of chicks with just a line. :lol:

Continue to treat people with respect and dignity and have a little patience and you shouldn't have any problem meeting someone. You seem humble and I think humility is an excellent trait, but I wouldn't talk to a woman like you're any less of a person than her, talk to her as an equal. As far as the Israeli thing, I've never heard of that and wouldn't worry about it.

I thought you said it was Israelis? Now it's French too? :lol: Make up your mind will you?

when I told her it was israelis , she said it was the french . I like the french . Hence I learned french . I don't view them as rude not based on my experience.

Most American women don't speak French. Unless you run into women in Florida from Quebec, and you might, or unless you met women from Haiti, in Florida you will, or unless you meet creole ladies from Louisiana you are not likely to meet women who speak French. However the fact that you speak French, whether American women understand it or not, will get you further than you might think. Add a sense of style, speak French on occasion, be polite and you'll do very well.

when I told her it was israelis , she said it was the french . I like the french . Hence I learned french . I don't view them as rude not based on my experience.

Well I don't know who "she" is, but okay. Don't really care. Just want you to know that your impressions about Americans are wrong for the most part.

Heh... son, AMERICANS do not "sound American". :)

We have many accents. The dialect of Massachusetts differs from New York City, and both differ dramatically from Southern American, and none of those are exactly like Midwestern American, and California has its own set of dialects. Then there are the various ethnic dialects and common second languages like Spanish.

Also, there's a saying about Florida... NOBODY is FROM Florida, they just live there. :) In other words native-born Floridians who are not "from somewhere else" are relatively uncommon. There will be many many dialects in any metro FL area.

Florida is the only state where english is a second language and spanish is first :) kidding ! I speak spanish so I don't mind if that language might take over someday .

Americans and French both view each other as arrogant bastards, because in that respect.... we're a lot alike. :mrgreen:

Well I don't know who "she" is, but okay. Don't really care. Just want you to know that your impressions about Americans are wrong for the most part.

"she" is some american girl i've spoken to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom