• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will all the votes be counted?

Will all the votes be counted?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If trump is ahead election day will he try to stop absentee votes from being counted?

The votes are already being tossed out across multiple states, and a Federal court has already blocked a lower court from allowing votes to be counted past election day in Wisconsin.

Now that's certainly demoralizing in itself, but the correct message to draw from this is that you have to vote in larger numbers to overcome that voter suppression.

What I'm curious about is that, after Biden wins, how can it be determined what his actual victory margin would be if ballots hadn't been thrown out?

Oh, and then there's this.

The votes are already being tossed out across multiple states, and a Federal court has already blocked a lower court from allowing votes to be counted past election day in Wisconsin.

Now that's certainly demoralizing in itself, but the correct message to draw from this is that you have to vote in larger numbers to overcome that voter suppression.

What I'm curious about is that, after Biden wins, how can it be determined what his actual victory margin would be if ballots hadn't been thrown out?

Oh, and then there's this.

According to your article (which I can’t copy from) most (if not all) are due to mistakes. Should mistakes be overlooked?

According to your article (which I can’t copy from) most (if not all) are due to mistakes. Should mistakes be overlooked?

I loved this one quote from the article:

"There is no evidence that North Carolina officials are intentionally targeting Black voters' mail-in ballots."

This from the state that committed actual ballot harvesting in 2018 and cited a study showing voter id would result in fewer black votes in order to support that policy.

North Carolina is the worst cheater in the union. Or maybe they're just the most obvious one.

North Carolina is the worst cheater in the union. Or maybe they're just the most obvious one.

Both: "The federal court in Richmond found that the primary purpose of North Carolina's wasn't to stop voter fraud, but rather to disenfranchise minority voters. The judges found that the provisions "target African Americans with almost surgical precision."

Both: "The federal court in Richmond found that the primary purpose of North Carolina's wasn't to stop voter fraud, but rather to disenfranchise minority voters. The judges found that the provisions "target African Americans with almost surgical precision."

Yup. When the Supreme Court struck down the voting rights act in 2013, North Carolina immediately held a state-wide rave.

I loved this one quote from the article:

"There is no evidence that North Carolina officials are intentionally targeting Black voters' mail-in ballots."

This from the state that committed actual ballot harvesting in 2018 and cited a study showing voter id would result in fewer black votes in order to support that policy.

So we both agree that voter fraud takes place and mail in ballots make it easier to do.

And worn proudly...

VoterSuppression.jpg

It can be by any number of means from state to state or even by challenge by either candidate, but we can conclude with almost certainty that all votes will not be counted.

In a condition like this between Trump and Biden this risk is amplified.

If trump is ahead election day will he try to stop absentee votes from being counted?
Trump would not be the determining factor is stopping the absentee votes.
The count would be stopped, when the difference in the votes already counted, is greater than the remaining number of absentee ballots.
Say a Candidate is ahead by 6000 votes in a district, but they only have 300 remaining absentee ballots.
The outcome will not be changed by counting the remaining ballots.

I would just like to emphasize that if Democrats take back the Senate and the White House this could literally be the last election in which their is rampant, open voter suppression. Read HR1. It's kind of stunning that nobody talks about it every day because this thing is Civil Rights big. It could arguably change the political landscape as much as the Emancipation Proclamation.

I would just like to emphasize that if Democrats take back the Senate and the White House this could literally be the last election in which their is rampant, open voter suppression. Read HR1. It's kind of stunning that nobody talks about it every day because this thing is Civil Rights big. It could arguably change the political landscape as much as the Emancipation Proclamation.
I just feel like the dems dont have the balls to do that. We will see. We know mitch mcconnell will play dirty. Will chuck schumer do the same?

I just feel like the dems dont have the balls to do that. We will see. We know mitch mcconnell will play dirty. Will chuck schumer do the same?

I think that with every act of treachery by the right, another "normie" Democrat becomes radicalized enough to accept that ending the filibuster and packing the courts is the only path to ending this show show once and for all. A year ago ending the filibuster and adding court seats was anathema to mainstream Democratic discourse. Now ending the filibuster is mainstream and adding court seats is being openly and seriously entertained.

Mark my words: the Supreme Court is going to strike down the ACA, and then the last of the "normies" will fall.

Of course, everything I'm saying is predicated on Democrats actually winning back control this November. If they don't then obviously all of this is moot.

Bush did not win in 2000. Bush was selected, not elected. You interpret it the way you want. Al Gore won the popular vote and a conservative SCOTUS picked Bush.
Bush won in both 2000 and in 2004. By legal means.

No. It's just a given that absentee votes have a considerable rejection rate, and with a high proportion of those going in, we'll have a substatial number of uncounted votes.
It is not voter suppression we must fear, it is Democrats fraud.

All votes are never counted. The average for most modern presidential elections is that around 2 million votes are never counted.

All votes are never counted. The average for most modern presidential elections is that around 2 million votes are never counted.
That's ridiculous considering how close the elections are.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

{USPS insiders are Trump allies}

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The shit Communists spew...

I know right? De Joy isn't a Trump ally at all.

Are you okay? I mean, you are posting the stupidest stuff I've seen on here in ages, and that's saying a lot.

A lot of the votes aren't counted, and because of absentee voting, some might not be counted. Even if Biden wins legally, Trump and his team will try the hardest they can to make up some false info to put dirt on Biden

The poll question doesn't match your original post.

If the poll question had matched your original post, my answer would have been "Yes".

The correct answer to your original poll question would appear to be "Not if Mr. Trump can help it, unless he knows that those votes are going to help him overcome an election day, in person, vote deficit.".

Tweety will try to get as many votes tossed as possible.

Tweety will try to get as many votes tossed as possible.

The unequal nature of this election is hilarious. Blue states aren't tossing out ballots, closing polling stations and kicking people off of registries to get rid of Republican voters. Also, I wonder how many people have taken note of the fact that they've effectively acquiesced to the argument that Trump need only win 270 to win while Democrats have to win some unknown greater number of votes in order for Republicans to accept the results. How many more? They won't say. I'm sure they'll tell us when when we hit that magic number, though.

If this was happening in another country we would have no problem stating that it was not a free and fair election.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom