• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will aliens be friendly or hostile?

Will aliens be hostile or friendly

• Friendly

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Hostile

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • We are alone

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you don't believe in any UFO sighting report?

Actually I do believe in some..

There are many well documented sightings from many different credible witnesses...(I know one)

Intelligent beings absolutely exist. There is no way they cannot. The diameter of the observable universe is 93 billion light years [1]. Let me say that again:

93 billion light years.

There is absolutely no way intelligent life hasn't developed somewhere. It's simply not possible.

[1] - [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe]Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I agree, but I also feel we should have seen or heard something, anything.

I just don't think anything is out there anymore. Not in the living sense anyway.

Humans truly aren't all perceptive when put into the spectrum of the entire (immeasurable) universe. Saying that we should have seen or heard something is assuming that we are looking in the right places. We really have no notion for what is out there. It's true - there might be nothing. But I think it is really naive to think in that manner. We should avoid absolutes in our opinions because our world is always changing. I think it is a very positive, optimistic idea, that aliens are out there somewhere, whether they be three hundred billion quattuordecillion and four light years away or just around the corner.

Intelligent beings absolutely exist. There is no way they cannot. The diameter of the observable universe is 93 billion light years [1]. Let me say that again:

93 billion light years.

There is absolutely no way intelligent life hasn't developed somewhere. It's simply not possible.

[1] - Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agreed....

Given the extreme scarcity of intelligent beings on this planet, one has to question the plausibility of intelligent life arising on some other planet.

Given the extreme scarcity of intelligent beings on this planet, one has to question the plausibility of intelligent life arising on some other planet.

I'm not sure what "sanctity" has to do with anything. It's simply a matter of probability.

Given the size of the observable universe it seems virtually impossible that a planet (or several thousand planets) with conditions similar to ours doesn't exist.

Given the probability of such a world (or worlds) existing it seems similarly impossible that life hasn't arisen on one of them.

Whoops, you said scarcity, sorry. Either way, I stand by my assessment.

The existence of intelligent life on Earth is merely the result of a cosmic crap-shoot. Given the size of the observable universe there's no reason to believe a similar crap-shoot hasn't occurred elsewhere.

Looking at all living creatures on our own planet almost everything alive attacks and kills. (Even many plants somehow developed different defense mechanisms). So it is my belief that the highest probability is that aliens wont be a bit friendly.

Likely not in our lifetime but future generations may see this as a reality.

I would like to hear if it's yes or no or we are alone from you and logical reasons.:)

No way are we alone in this universe that is in constant growth every day. The creator of the universe has abandoned his creations. He is absent and unknown. Soon different races of beings will meet in this vast universe and there will be wars among them. The winner of this war of the universe will rule from the master planet. He will sort of a combination Darth Vader and Yoda type of being.

I hope the new aliens will do better than the group of aliens that worked for and with the Bush administration.

Did Bush import them from other worlds. I understand that Cheney's real name from his home planet is Cheeneeeoooployy

No way are we alone in this universe that is in constant growth every day. The creator of the universe has abandoned his creations. He is absent and unknown. Soon different races of beings will meet in this vast universe and there will be wars among them. The winner of this war of the universe will rule from the master planet. He will sort of a combination Darth Vader and Yoda type of being.

I think if people from another planet found us and we met them that we and them would be so ecstatic to see each other we would not war even if both our leaders wanted us all too.

Really? Are you sure that you don't mean that the odds aren't that good that we are alone?

The number of estimated stars like our own sun keep increasing.

The number of suns in the Milky Way Galaxy alone is now estimated in the BILLIONS.

The number of GALAXIES in the Universe is estimated in the BILLIONS.

Equate in the fact that for each of these stars there are several Planets and Moons that orbit them..

If you THINK a little it is actually about IMPOSSIBLE that the Universe isn't literally FULL of MILLIONS of advanced types of life forms.....

If you THINK a little it is actually about IMPOSSIBLE that the Universe isn't literally FULL of an INFINITELY number of types of less than civilly intellect types of life forms.....

I think we are being visited frequently. Of course theres loads of explanations for those weird lights. The weirdest conspiracy but actually quiet a feasible one that i have heard is its our own vehicles that people in the future are driving (the whole seeing things from the future if people in the future travel at the speed of light..?). Who knows. Wherever these beings are, they are very far away. They may not be in this galaxy, there not in this solar system. Maybe the closest beings are too underadvanced for extragalactic travel like us. Or maybe the closest intelligence to us have developed means of extragalatic travel but not advanced enough to reach us. Maybe nobody knows we are here because of the rate our radio waves travel and the distance at which they live. I find it very hard to believe life in this universe is unique. I mean when one takes into account all of the possible suns in the universe, planets, other solar systems in proportion to the size of the universe...you would have thought chances are pretty good at best. I think intelligent life is far more unlikely - not impossible, but very hard to find. Bacteria and other small organisms i believe reside within our own solar system (Mars is my best bet, and other moons in our planet).

Last edited:
Looking at all living creatures on our own planet almost everything alive attacks and kills. (Even many plants somehow developed different defense mechanisms). So it is my belief that the highest probability is that aliens wont be a bit friendly.

Likely not in our lifetime but future generations may see this as a reality.

I would like to hear if it's yes or no or we are alone from you and logical reasons.:)

Depends of the species.

The grays, a slave race to the serpents, are definitely hostile.

Whoops, you said scarcity, sorry. Either way, I stand by my assessment.

The existence of intelligent life on Earth is merely the result of a cosmic crap-shoot. Given the size of the observable universe there's no reason to believe a similar crap-shoot hasn't occurred elsewhere.

Especially if you shoot craps billion, billion times...

If there aliens advanced enough to reach us they will teach us the way we treat animals.

I think if people from another planet found us and we met them that we and them would be so ecstatic to see each other we would not war even if both our leaders wanted us all too.

This depend if they are more intelligent then us. They will be our enemy.

I believe that emotions are a primitive instinct that will be deminished through evolution.

After years of development and experiences, the fine tuning of a species to be at the height of their advances will result in only logical decision making and proliferation as a species...because emotions often affect critical survival choices in an adverse way.

Last edited:
This depend if they are more intelligent then us. They will be our enemy.

Do you go around being hostile to every bird, dog, cat, and ant? Let me know when you are waging a war on pandas because they are dumber than us. I wish to join. And when we have conquered the species... I shall rule the pandas with an iron fist!

Last edited:
I believe that emotions are a primitive instinct that will be deminished through evolution.

After years of development and experiences, the fine tuning of a species to be at the height of their advances will result in only logical decision making and proliferation as a species...because emotions often affect critical survival choices in an adverse way.

I think more evolved creatures would be less rash but their emotions wouldn't be void.

There are no aliens, at least none that we know of.

There may be life on other planets, but for the 5 million or so light years that we can see in every direction, there are none.

If for some reason they were able to use worm holes or dimension-skip to get here, there'd be no reason for them to hide their presence, as it's not like we have anything close to the technology to follow then back.

We are simply a tiny little oddity in the lower corner of a nondescript galaxy. One good solar flare and we're back to being space dirt.

There may be life on other planets, but for the 5 million or so light years that we can see in every direction, there are none.

1. The edge of the observable universe (relative to Earth) is 46.5 billion light-years away [1], not 5 million light years.

2. Humans have only observed a sliver of a fraction of that area.

3. Even if we can visually observe a planet it is almost impossible for us to determine what is on it.

[1] - [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_Universe]Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Aliens are hostile.

They invade this country without our permission, they pervert our politicians, they consume resources not intended for them, and otherwise behave in an inimical fashion.

1. The edge of the observable universe (relative to Earth) is 46.5 billion light-years away [1], not 5 million light years.

2. Humans have only observed a sliver of a fraction of that area.

3. Even if we can visually observe a planet it is almost impossible for us to determine what is on it.

[1] - Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ummmm....no. The universe is only 15 billion years old or so, and since we can't see further than the light carrying the picture, our radius of view is 15 billion light years.

Ummmm....no. The universe is only 15 billion years old or so, and since we can't see further than the light carrying the picture, our radius of view is 15 billion light years.

You found the product tag on the universe? I would think the universe would be infinite years old.

Back
Top Bottom