• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will a Trump Presidency be Different than what we have now?

Will a Trump Presidency be Different?

• Yes! Trump will make America great again (R)!!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Not Likely. Probably more of the same hands tied status quo.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • It will be.....Explain.

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Ntharotep

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I can see a Trump Presidency as being a lot like an Obama Presidency revisited.
The established Reps in Congress won't work with the man as they hate him.
He will only pass new legislation through bullying.
Democrats will cry that he's bullied all of his bills through the system much like Republicans cried that Obama did.

Is this a feasible prediction or do you see something completely different?

And...debate :)

Democrats will cry that he's bullied all of his bills through the system much like Republicans cried that Obama did.

I believe establishment Republicans will eventually come around and try to persuade Trump to work with their goals. The establishment will have to realize that their constituents picked Trump, and for the party to continue to function they will have no choice but to unify around him or become obsolete. I do believe Trump will change a bit of the trajectory of the Republican Party, as he is not particularly religious and does not object to tax increases.

Of course it will be different.

Instead of Congress dealing with an arrogant, hate-filled, divisive, Chicago-style-politician in Obama... they will get a moronic, narcissistic, xenophobic, isolationist, even more arrogant and divisive, and complete nimrod in Trump.

Assuming the next 115th Congress stays Republican, they will still be obstructionists to Trump's policy wants.

It will be comical, and sad, watching Trump not be able to get along with Establishment Republicans... making Democrats sit there bored to tears wondering what the hell to do, other than grab a mic and complain to CNN at any chance.

If Trump wins in 2016, this will be a history book 4 years.

Of course it will be different.

Instead of Congress dealing with an arrogant, hate-filled, divisive, Chicago-style-politician in Obama... they will get a moronic, narcissistic, xenophobic, isolationist, even more arrogant and divisive, and complete nimrod in Trump.

Assuming the next 115th Congress stays Republican, they will still be obstructionists to Trump's policy wants.

It will be comical, and sad, watching Trump not be able to get along with Establishment Republicans... making Democrats sit there bored to tears wondering what the hell to do, other than grab a mic and complain to CNN at any chance.

If Trump wins in 2016, this will be a history book 4 years.

Look at the bright side. Late night comedy will have more gold to work with than ever before.

Nope, it won't be any different. He won't be able to do any of the hair brained schemes his supporters have bought into (thank goodness), and they'll all be angry again, and there will be gridlock in Congress because he's as divisive as Obama (if not more).

Nope, it won't be any different. He won't be able to do any of the hair brained schemes his supporters have bought into (thank goodness), and they'll all be angry again, and there will be gridlock in Congress because he's as divisive as Obama (if not more).

I think he may have a better shot at working across the aisle with Dems than other candidates simply for the fact that he has a history of supporting moderate and liberal issues on everything from abortion, to tax reform, to healthcare, etc. I think his current campaign is pandering to the dredges of the Republican Party and it's working magnificently, so why stop when you're ahead? You gotta play politics to win politics and once he secures up the nomination, I'm hoping he will change his tune on a few issues that I have my reservations with to cater to a wider audience of voters.

I honestly believe Trump will be our next President, so I'm hoping to God that he isn't as nutty as he has sounded the last few months.

I think he may have a better shot at working across the aisle with Dems than other candidates simply for the fact that he has a history of supporting moderate and liberal issues on everything from abortion, to tax reform, to healthcare, etc. I think his current campaign is pandering to the dredges of the Republican Party and it's working magnificently, so why stop when you're ahead? You gotta play politics to win politics and once he secures up the nomination, I'm hoping he will change his tune on a few issues that I have my reservations with to cater to a wider audience of voters.

I honestly believe Trump will be our next President, so I'm hoping to God that he isn't as nutty as he has sounded the last few months.

Dare to dream, I'm afraid. :(

I really hope he isn't our next President.

Trump will be the worst thing that could possibly to happen to this Nation or heck maybe it will be a good thing that he will hasten the fall and we can start over from scratch.
Be Careful What You Wish For, You Just Might Get It.

Somewhere else I read that Obama was the first Emperor and The Donald would be the 2nd. Similar to Julius and Augustus Ceasar after imperial Rome disbanded it's control by the Senate. Perhaps true. Unless Congress begins to do their job. If Congress did their job, Trump could be properly contained and would be a great improvement.

It will be different and vile.

Trump will be the worst thing that could possibly to happen to this Nation or heck maybe it will be a good thing that he will hasten the fall and we can start over from scratch.

This. A part of me wants to encourage a trump presidency BECAUSE it would be a hopeless mess, perhaps encouraging people to rethink our current, broken system.

I certainly don't expect it to be a pleasant experience or anything I can be proud of.

Last edited:
I believe establishment Republicans will eventually come around and try to persuade Trump to work with their goals. The establishment will have to realize that their constituents picked Trump, and for the party to continue to function they will have no choice but to unify around him or become obsolete. I do believe Trump will change a bit of the trajectory of the Republican Party, as he is not particularly religious and does not object to tax increases.

Unfortunately, they won't do that, any more than they realize that they keep losing elections because they're only catering to the evangelicals. Every time they lose, they double down on the stupidity that caused them to lose and are surprised when they lose again. It just doesn't percolate through the gray matter.

it would be a bit more entertaining, but beyond that, nah.. it wouldn't change much.

there's no one in the line up, Dem or Rep, who has has the goods to change the federal govt to something resembling a functioning government...there are no true leaders in either major party.

If Trump were to get into office I can see him calling congressmen and women names until they do what he says. On the international stage he will mock other world leaders until the world becomes even more disgusted with America. Trump will declare minorities as the cause of all American problems furthering the divide between the people here until we revert back to the tensions we had in the 60's. Ultimately what will have is we will have extreme civil unrest, a lot more hate crimes on all sides, and world alliances and support will dwindle. Ultimately it will destroy the Republican party and the democrats will be able to do anything they want for about 8-12 years until a new 2nd party comes about.

A guy who donated to liberal democrats and establishment republicans and praised the jobs these people done would not be any different than any other president.

That's pretty much how I have felt about the last 7 years or so.

it would be a bit more entertaining, but beyond that, nah.. it wouldn't change much.

there's no one in the line up, Dem or Rep, who has has the goods to change the federal govt to something resembling a functioning government...there are no true leaders in either major party.

There are no leaders in any party period, major or not.

There are no leaders in any party period, major or not.

meh, we don't know much about 3rd party nominees yet, so that'a bit premature and presumptuous... but you're probably right.

leadership in politics is mostly absent in our landscape.

meh, we don't know much about 3rd party nominees yet, so that'a bit premature and presumptuous... but you're probably right.

leadership in politics is mostly absent in our landscape.

Our political system doesn't encourage leaders, it encourages ideologues. It doesn't encourage people who want to serve the public good, it encourages self-interested egomaniacs who want to grow their own personal power and influence. That's why we're as messed up as we are.

There isn't going to be a "Trump presidency"....so I marked #3.

The thing is, if he wins, I have no idea which Trump will show up to work. I don't think Trump actually believes in most of the things he has said during his campaign. But I also don't know what he actually does believe. A Trump presidency will be a total crapshoot.

As I sat here watching the super Tuesday numbers start to come in I had an epiphany.........Someone forgot to tell these people that Trump running for a president was a joke.

That's pretty much how I have felt about the last 7 years or so.
I have a nasty feeling that you have not seen anything yet,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom