• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wile Night In Texas....Abortion Filibuster [W:122]

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
People are blowing this completely out of proportion. A 20 week limit is more than reasonable. 95% of europe has a 12 week or lower cutoff, and nobody here is really crying about it. Waiting over 20 weeks is completely lazy and ridiculous.

As far as the regulations goes, I think it's hilarious that the same people on the left that cry for more government, more control, and more regulation, no matter how many businesses shut down, suddenly freak out when those regulations are imposed on their precious clinics. Hospitals are required to be up to certain standards, why shouldn't abortion clinics?

People are blowing this completely out of proportion. A 20 week limit is more than reasonable. 95% of europe has a 12 week or lower cutoff, and nobody here is really crying about it. Waiting over 20 weeks is completely lazy and ridiculous.

As far as the regulations goes, I think it's hilarious that the same people on the left that cry for more government, more control, and more regulation, no matter how many businesses shut down, suddenly freak out when those regulations are imposed on their precious clinics. Hospitals are required to be up to certain standards, why shouldn't abortion clinics?

What it really boils down to is a bunch of old dry cod men trying to govern what a woman and her physician decide is best for her own health and circumstances. The 2000 year old fairy tales contain a whole lot of bull****.

What it really boils down to is a bunch of old dry cod men trying to govern what a woman and her physician decide is best for her own health and circumstances. The 2000 year old fairy tales contain a whole lot of bull****.

MURDER is Bull.... huh?

YOUR own party says "It's a woman's choice...it's HER body"

Assuming you're male, why is it any of your man business? The only question a 'man' should be asking is "Why do you want to kill our child?"

The right now believes that Europe is a shining example of probity.
Abortion on demand in the first trimester, "mother's physical or mental health" for the rest. The rules get stricter the more Catholic the country, though Malta, which has a complete ban, with no exceptions, doesn't have a strong enforcement policy.

BBC News - Europe's abortion rules

MURDER is Bull.... huh?

YOUR own party says "It's a woman's choice...it's HER body"

Assuming you're male, why is it any of your man business? The only question a 'man' should be asking is "Why do you want to kill our child?"

"OUR CHILD?"

You got to be trying to **** me. Republicans want to force a woman which they know nothing about, who possibly was an unwanted child themselves to carry the product of rape, incest, drunken endeavor etc. to term.

"OUR CHILD?"

You got to be trying to **** me. Republicans want to force a woman which they know nothing about, who possibly was an unwanted child themselves to carry the product of rape, incest, drunken endeavor etc. to term.

Now that IS Bull....! And you know it.

And again...why is it any of your business. Women want you out of theirs.

Last edited:
"OUR CHILD?"

I think most republicans would concede a 3-4 month window for abortion as long as taxpayers didn't fund it. The vast majority of the right do not think a woman should be forced to carry out the product of rape. The product of incest and drunken endeavors? If you're going to engage in such things, how about exercising just enough responsibility to use birth control, at least? Is the idea of personal responsibility to repulsive that you can't even consider that to be reasonable?

The right now believes that Europe is a shining example of probity.
Abortion on demand in the first trimester, "mother's physical or mental health" for the rest. The rules get stricter the more Catholic the country, though Malta, which has a complete ban, with no exceptions, doesn't have a strong enforcement policy.

BBC News - Europe's abortion rules

Sounds quite reasonable; much more reasonable than abortion on demand anytime right up until the baby completely exits the birth canal.

Republicans want to force a woman which they know nothing about, who possibly was an unwanted child themselves to carry the product of rape, incest, drunken endeavor etc. to term.

The circumstances surrounding a child's conception does not invalidate its life.

BTW "which" refers to things or groups. "who" refers to people.

Now that IS Bull....! And you know it.

And again...why is it any of your business. Women want you out of theirs.

Most women voted for Obama last time in the middle of the greatest recession this country has ever seen. That says a lot.

Most women voted for Obama last time in the middle of the greatest recession this country has ever seen. That says a lot.

Just answer my question..Why is it **your** business? What is **your** horse in this race?

Just answer my question..Why is it **your** business? What is **your** horse in this race?

It is my business because I do not like the idea of a bunch of old dry cod politicians taking away a woman's right to choose what they decide in matters involving their own bodies.

I'm pro-choice but sick and tired of this anti-male slant.

I want men to be good fathers, be involved, and give a damn. . . I am sick of this anti-male sentiment as if their opinion does not matter. It does - it matters a lot - because we need them to be involved more in the lives and concerns of their partners, not LESS.

Maybe if more were involved and cared more we'd have LESS abortions.

It's a tired, worn out, offensive and unwelcome sentiment and I am very - VERY tired of it. It doesn't HELP anyone.

What your argument boils down to is letting women kill their babies all the way up until 30 seconds before she delivers it, and even after THAT has "partially" happened.

That's what absolutely disgusts society Campbell.

No worries, the unruly mob of women who demand the right to fork babies in the head 5 seconds before it comes out of their womb, won't be able to stop the next vote. Texas will restrict abortion soon. God bless Texas.

I want men to be good fathers, be involved, and give a damn. . . I am sick of this anti-male sentiment as if their opinion does not matter. It does - it matters a lot - because we need them to be involved more in the lives and concerns of their partners, not LESS.

It's a tired, worn out, offensive and unwelcome sentiment and I am very - VERY tired of it. It doesn't HELP anyone.

Welcome to the hate filled world of Campbell. If its not hating men, it's hating southern white racists.

It is my business because I do not like the idea of a bunch of old dry cod politicians taking away a woman's right to choose what they decide in matters involving their own bodies.

The law wouldn't effect her right to choose one bit. She just must choose within 20 weeks. But that's not good enough for you sick people. You want women to be able to abort all the way to the baby being partially born out of the woman's womb for Pete sake!!! What's wrong with you people????

Welcome to the hate filled world of Campbell. If its not hating men, it's hating southern white racists.

No - it's not just him . . . I've seen that same **** written COUNTLESS times - it comes up in almost every single abortion debate. I'm tired of it in general.

Wild Night in Texas as Abortion Filibuster Leads to Disputed Midnight Vote - Abby Ohlheiser and Dashiell Bennett - The Atlantic Wire

Texas State Senator Wendy Davis attempted a 13-hour filibuster in the State Senate to prevent a vote on a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks in Texas. The bill needed to come to a vote before the special legislative session reached its midnight deadline. If Davis was still talking — thereby preventing a vote (cont)

Wonder if Obama and MSNBC will ask the guy to step aside and allow a straight up or down vote as they do when they don't get their way in the Senate.

Damn strange that you claim to be pro choice but defend a bunch of old dry cods who believe they have been appointed by GAWD to interfere with the freedom of others. A man knows one thing about a woman's vagina.....it feels good.

Damn strange that you claim to be pro choice but defend a bunch of old dry cods who believe they have been appointed by GAWD to interfere with the freedom of others. A man knows one thing about a woman's vagina.....it feels good.

That might be all you know :shrug: This is much more complicated than 'who has a vagina and who doesn't' - Perhaps that's the problem that we face in this society: people only think of pregnancy as a mere matter of biological function and nothing more . . . undercutting the significant and importance of being able to have and adequately support a child thereafter.

I support the 20-weeks cut off and, in fact, I think it should be earlier.

Wait, I know a second thing about a woman's vagina.....you came into this world through one. Now call her up and thank her that she didn't, at the very last second possible, decide she couldn't afford you and had your spine severed and your body dismembered and sucked out.

That might be all you know :shrug: This is much more complicated than 'who has a vagina and who doesn't' - Perhaps that's the problem that we face in this society: people only think of pregnancy as a mere matter of biological function and nothing more . . . undercutting the significant and importance of being able to have and adequately support a child thereafter.

This is what liberalism has relegated child bearing to. Liberals like Campbell are completely indoctrinated, that they can't even be reasonable when it comes to abortion. 20 weeks is 5 months, and look, Campbell is still wetting the bed over it.

Tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about the radical, moronic, amoral left.

The stupid bible started all this rank bull****. That book was written by primitive camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. You folks have been found out. You would be wise to find something to believe that at least falls in the 18th or 19th century.

The stupid bible started all this rank bull****. That book was written by primitive camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. You folks have been found out. You would be wise to find something to believe that at least falls in the 18th or 19th century.

Lol....in that case, 85% of the country that describe themselves as "Christians" have been found out. We see what your true offense is Campbell, and its not conservatives, it's God.

Back
Top Bottom