• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wild Pigs Menace Suburban Atlanta.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Wild pigs have descended on a suburban Atlanta neighborhood where they are scaring children, making a general nuisance of themselves, and acting as they if they own the place.

One large specimen was sighted on Monday morning rummaging through garbage it had strewn across Taneisha Danner's front yard in Lithonia, an area about 19 miles east of downtown Atlanta.

She said the animals were no laughing matter for neighborhood children, however, noting that some were now afraid to leave the safety of their homes.

"My children are even afraid to be downstairs, worried that he (the pig) could come through the door," Danner said.

Descendents of wild boar, the feral pigs are a particular pest in rural Georgia and notorious for damaging farmer's crops, said Charlie Killmaster, a deer and feral hog biologist with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

The population of one of the most invasive and destructive wild animals in the United States has grown rapidly in recent years, however. What was once a largely rural problem has blighted suburban areas in other states as well.....snip~

Wild pigs menace suburban Atlanta

Talk about a town going Hog-Wild. :mrgreen: Sheesh.....listen to these people. Children are afraid to go out and play all due to seeing some Wild Hogs running around.

Wonder what they thought when it went into the backyard layed down and took a nap after it was done with the garbage can. :lol:

19 miles from downtown Atlanta.....all I can say is they best not head in downtown. Might find them on somes Menu for BBQ pork.

They also had this happen in San Francisco. Now out with those Progressives I could see why there was panic in their eyes. :lamo

Now is a Hog really one of the most invasive and destructive creatures out there?

Wild pigs have descended on a suburban Atlanta neighborhood where they are scaring children, making a general nuisance of themselves, and acting as they if they own the place.

One large specimen was sighted on Monday morning rummaging through garbage it had strewn across Taneisha Danner's front yard in Lithonia, an area about 19 miles east of downtown Atlanta.

She said the animals were no laughing matter for neighborhood children, however, noting that some were now afraid to leave the safety of their homes.

"My children are even afraid to be downstairs, worried that he (the pig) could come through the door," Danner said.

Cops are out of control!

Cops are out of control!

They are? :roll: Were they doing something with these.....uhm (what does ya Southern People Calls them, Oh yeah,) Critters. :mrgreen:

They are? :roll:

You completely missed the joke?

*sigh*

Ok, look at the part I quoted and imagine they're talking about cops.

That was my first thought- carnitas for all!

Heya AW.
hat.gif
Hows my favorite Redhead been. Haven't seen ya much lately. Must mean I notice when one of the Masterpieces is missing.....huh?
wink.gif

Yeah.....I said "what" they are headed for downtown Atlanta? :shock:

Although San Francisco.....now I could see them panicking about something like that. But people from down South. Who would have ka-thunked that. :lol:

Heya AW.
hat.gif
Hows my favorite Redhead been. Haven't seen ya much lately. Must mean I notice when one of the Masterpieces is missing.....huh?
wink.gif

mmc, you know flattery gets you everywhere. ;)

Yeah.....I said "what" they are headed for downtown Atlanta? :shock:

Although San Francisco.....now I could see them panicking about something like that. But people from down South. Who would have ka-thunked that. :lol:

I know - I would have more faith for the people in the ATL to take care of this, but can only say it must be because it's in the suburbs!

mmc, you know flattery gets you everywhere. ;)

I know - I would have more faith for the people in the ATL to take care of this, but can only say it must be because it's in the suburbs!

hmmm.gif
well now, what will some flattery and BBQ pork gets me? :2razz: :lol:

I have to say it was a little strange watching CNN report this story this morning. When they ran the tape and started talking about "wild pigs" they had film of a black police officer up on the screen for several seconds before moving to the actual "wild pigs".

I have to say it was a little strange watching CNN report this story this morning. When they ran the tape and started talking about "wild pigs" they had film of a black police officer up on the screen for several seconds before moving to the actual "wild pigs".

Heya CJ :2wave: They showed it on CNN eh? Did they show them running around San Francisco too.

Heya CJ :2wave: They showed it on CNN eh? Did they show them running around San Francisco too.

Good afternoon MMC - not sure - I was just watching it in passing and laughed and moved on.

Back
Top Bottom