• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wild Night

molten_dragon

Anti-Hypocrite
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
We had ridiculous storms move through the area last night and early this morning. There were tornado watches and warnings all evening, and the sirens near our apartment went off on at least three separate occasions (and those were only the ones I was awake for), once at about 11, once at around midnight, and again at about 3 in the morning. There were multiple reports of tornadoes touching down, and at least 3 confirmed fatalities about 10 miles from where we live. I'm glad it's over now, that **** wasn't fun.

We had ridiculous storms move through the area last night and early this morning. There were tornado watches and warnings all evening, and the sirens near our apartment went off on at least three separate occasions (and those were only the ones I was awake for), once at about 11, once at around midnight, and again at about 3 in the morning. There were multiple reports of tornadoes touching down, and at least 3 confirmed fatalities about 10 miles from where we live. I'm glad it's over now, that **** wasn't fun.

Now go out and thank a Firefighter, Paramedic, and Police Officer for having to put in all the extra stress of this night by tending to the needs of the community during this time.

Now go out and thank a Firefighter, Paramedic, and Police Officer for having to put in all the extra stress of this night by tending to the needs of the community during this time.

I have a lot of respect for the police officers in the area especially. One of the tornadoes actually destroyed the police station in the area where the fatalities were, and they simply moved across the street and kept working.

I have a lot of respect for the police officers in the area especially. One of the tornadoes actually destroyed the police station in the area where the fatalities were, and they simply moved across the street and kept working.

The guys that really put in the work on bad weather nights are the firefighters. Firefighters do so much more than just put out fires and most of the time fire departments (paid) work a 24 hour shift where they can sleep at the firehouse when they don't have calls. Unfortunately on bad weather nights they are always having to get up and go do something, one thing after the next. And if you live in an area where most of your firefighting work is done by volunteers, I have even more respect for those guys who get paid nothing (or little of nothing) to volunteer to be on call to fight fires and assist the public in their free time.

Back
Top Bottom