• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wild garlic - do you like to admire its white flowers - or do you prefer to eat its leaves?

Do you like to admire its white flowers - or do you prefer to eat its leaves?

• I admire its white flowers

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I prefer to eat its leaves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it

• I do not like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I know it very well

• I do not know it

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wild garlic - or wood garlic - or bear leek

Allium ursinum, known as wild garlic, ramsons, wild cowleek, cowlic, buckrams, broad-leaved garlic, wood garlic, bear leek, Eurasian wild garlic or bear's garlic, is a bulbous perennial flowering plant in the amaryllis family Amaryllidaceae. It is native to Europe and Asia, where it grows in moist woodland.[2] It is a wild relative of onion and garlic, all belonging to the same genus, Allium. There are two recognized subspecies: A. ursinum subsp. ursinum and A. ursinum subsp. ucranicum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_ursinum

In German this plant is known as Bär-Lauch = bear leek

I've had the leaves in a salad once or twice in the past. Only time I've ate it, though I see it growing often when I'm walking through woodland.

though I see it growing often when I'm walking through woodland.
So do I :)

And I have it also in my garden - for decorative reasons - not for eating. :)

• Total voters 1 :)

No wild garlic in the US? :)

How to harvest wild garlic - a great fresh and free alternative to ordinary garlic​

Back
Top Bottom