• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wikileaks Releases Nearly 20,000 Hacked DNC Emails

Nilly

stb
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Wikileaks Releases Nearly 20,000 DNC Emails | The Daily Caller

Wikileaks has released nearly 20,000 emails it says are from the accounts of Democratic National Committee officials.

The leaks come from the accounts of seven key figures in the DNC: Communications Director Luis Miranda (10770 emails), National Finance Director Jordon Kaplan (3797 emails), Finance Chief of Staff Scott Comer (3095 emails), Finanace Director of Data & Strategic Initiatives Daniel Parrish (1472 emails), Finance Director Allen Zachary (1611 emails), Senior Advisor Andrew Wright (938 emails) and Northern California Finance Director Robert (Erik) Stowe (751 emails). The emails cover the period from January last year until 25 May this year.

Wikileaks believe in radical transparency, but my biggest issue with this leak is that it contains the names, emails, addresses and even passport numbers and SSN's of democratic party donors.

Head to the site and you can search for terms in the emails:

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/

A search for 'Contribution' turns up hundreds of emails, containing personal information of donors (not dem officials).

1. This has nothing to do with Hillary's private server
2. This really calls into question the integrity of wikileaks, not that this is the first time they have published the names of innocents with wild abandon. At the end of the day, they are a foreign organization.
3. This is very likely going to be a cloud hanging over the DNC next weekend. I don't know the exact nature of what's in all the emails, but I'm sure there will be many people out there who will be looking for anything suspicious.
3. This massively highlights just how vulnerable we are as a country to attacks of a cyber nature. We are probably the country with the most in the world to lose from bad IT security practices, yet our govt insists on backdoors and ways in which they can spy on American citizens to 'keep us safe'.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, if you have donated to the democratic party in the last year or so, might be worth checking your name to see if it's there. I'm not sure what you'd be able to do about it, but knowledge is power.

Hillary is a threat to national cyber security!

Wikileaks believe in radical transparency, but my biggest issue with this leak is that it contains the names, emails, addresses and even passport numbers and SSN's of democratic party donors.

A search for 'Contribution' turns up hundreds of emails, containing personal information of donors (not dem officials).

2. This really calls into question the integrity of wikileaks, not that this is the first time they have published the names of innocents with wild abandon. At the end of the day, they are a foreign organization.
3. This is very likely going to be a cloud hanging over the DNC next weekend. I don't know the exact nature of what's in all the emails, but I'm sure there will be many people out there who will be looking for anything suspicious.
3. This massively highlights just how vulnerable we are as a country to attacks of a cyber nature. We are probably the country with the most in the world to lose from bad IT security practices, yet our govt insists on backdoors and ways in which they can spy on American citizens to 'keep us safe'.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, if you have donated to the democratic party in the last year or so, might be worth checking your name to see if it's there. I'm not sure what you'd be able to do about it, but knowledge is power.

How does the DNC get their SSN's? I'm confused about that.

Either way, it confirms what everyone expects of the DNC these days.

Just curious, why would a donor provide their SSN to the DNC?

When Wikileaks first burst upon the scene, the Libbos were jumping for joy. In thinking we'll see that joy fade, now

How does the DNC get their SSN's? I'm confused about that.

Either way, it confirms what everyone expects of the DNC these days.

I heard about the donor SSN part on twitter. However, I just took a look at the leak to corroborate and make sure it was true. I don't know the reason that SSN's were given but you can read this email thread to see that it's happening, and this took me all of a 3 minute search.

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/277

Ctrl-f for SSN. Then google the guy.

Not good.

Thoughts?

Many of the emails had to do with the DNC giving Bernie Sanders the schlong to better Hillary's chances in the primaries . No surprise there .

The SSN is way too far. But the names and addresses seems like the same stuff groups do to gun owners and receive praise for.

This election cycle it seems the DNC has been extra sneaky in screwing over its supporters chasing the money.

This will seriously hack off Bernie supporters. The fix was in from the get-go.

The SSN is way too far. But the names and addresses seems like the same stuff groups do to gun owners and receive praise for.

This election cycle it seems the DNC has been extra sneaky in screwing over its supporters chasing the money.

Most of the emails are between gmail and DNC.org domains. Other than using specifically encrypted mail (and not putting SSN's in emails) the main thing that the DNC can be held accountable to here is their email security. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same protocols as most private companies and govt organizations.

Really, the DNC are a victim in this whole affair, and we should take this as a warning across our govt (and private companies) that IT security isn't a joke. It's the absolute easiest way that people can attack us, and instead of spending x billion on F-35's there are a lot of things closer to home that we should be looking to remedy.

Of course, as these emails begin to get parsed, we'll see if anything nefarious comes up, at which point the DNC should be held accountable. Until then, again, they're the victim in a crime.

This will seriously hack off Bernie supporters. The fix was in from the get-go.

Which emails indicate that?

I've donated to the RNC and have never been asked for my SSN.

Back when our parents were telling us not to take candy from strangers, they were also telling us never to give out our SSNs. I'm thinking maybe dems are slow learners.

Many of the emails had to do with the DNC giving Bernie Sanders the schlong to better Hillary's chances in the primaries . No surprise there .

Do you have a link to one of those emails schlonging Bernie? Cuz most of the emails I read about Bernie were just forwarded news articles.

Maybe the DNC is compiling a data base of SSN, so they can trade them off to undocumented visitors for their votes.

The DNC could need them so its donars have their final wish after death fulfilled and continue to vote the Democratic Party line many years after their passing.

Maybe the DNC got an email saying they won the Zimbabwe lottery. If they send $5,000 and 200 SSN (to cover taxes and international fees) they will wire the money to their bank account.

Queen Hillary may have requested them to cross check against Berrnies list and get payback to anyone daring to donate to someone else.

They may just have no real grasp of the dangers of cyber crime as proven by their candidate.

When Wikileaks first burst upon the scene, the Libbos were jumping for joy. In thinking we'll see that joy fade, now

You'd think wrong. I think it's a good thing. Except for the revealing of personal info like social security numbers and the like.

You'd think wrong. I think it's a good thing. Except for the revealing of personal info like social security numbers and the like.

Oh, so when it's proven that the DNC is crooked as hell, you're going to be ok with WL?

I heard about the donor SSN part on twitter. However, I just took a look at the leak to corroborate and make sure it was true. I don't know the reason that SSN's were given but you can read this email thread to see that it's happening, and this took me all of a 3 minute search.

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/277

Ctrl-f for SSN. Then google the guy.

Not good.

From what I can tell the SSN all seem connected to big donors that either needed vetting (foreigner or criminal) or were attending a fund raiser that required clearance by the SS because Obama or Biden might be there. I don't think small donors under $250(?) needed to provide their SSN....but I could be wrong.

Oh, so when it's proven that the DNC is crooked as hell, you're going to be ok with WL?

You see... I'm consistent. I like crooks exposed where ever they are. I know you probably wouldn't want to see the crooks that definitely exist in your party but I like a clean house. Not the the DNC is my house by any means but it's a lot closer than the RNC is.

Thoughts?

WOW, that was really funny.

A site that publishes stolen material, had no integrity to begin with.

Why would you think they ever did?

I hope all those people have life lock.

Back
Top Bottom