• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wichita man arrested for threatening to kidnap, kill mayor over mask mandate

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A 59-year-old man was arrested on Friday for allegedly threatening to kidnap and kill Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple (D) over the city’s mask mandate.

Meredith Dowty, a retired Wichita firefighter, was booked into Sedgwick County Jail on Friday with the charge of criminal threat.

Wichita Police confirmed in a statement that investigators were alerted to “threatening statements” directed at Whipple, leading to Dowty’s arrest. The investigation is still ongoing.
========================================================================================
Whipple told The Wichita Eagle that he has been made aware of text messages sent to another city official asking about the mayor’s address. He said he read the detailed threat against him.

Clearly a peaceful protester. /s

Over ten million American families saw their economic lives shattered - and of those the damage for millions is for the rest of their lives. This was all done on totalitarian orders without any legislative action across the country to various degrees.

While I do not advocate violence, history shows us that it takes the fringe to stop endless government advancing on crushing people's lives.

Example: After the government gave nearly unlimited credit for loans to farmers, the increase in product crashed farm products prices - leaving farmers unable to pay the loans. For this, the government increasingly was seizing multi-generation small family farms. Why did this stop? An old farmer, just an ordinary guy, wired the end of a short double barrel shotgun to the back of the neck of one of the people with the government there to sell the farm and all equipment at a government foreclosure and seizure auction. He didn't shoot the G-man and certainly that old man's rest of his life was in prison. But that inspired other farmers, who began barricade with their hunting rifles - rifles that will penetrate any body armor. The seizures stopped.

The Branch Dravidian government mass murder incident in Waco was one of a string of government raids on religious cult-like organizations with murderous storm trooper, sniper and assassin tactics - leading to in Waco nearly all the children and women deliberately killed by the government using a tank to spray in a gas that turned to cyanide if ignited - and then fired in incendiaries to set it off - killing all the women and children trying to hide in a large locker. The Oklahoma City bombing was retaliation - resulting in the next lose of life being far greater to government personnel than all the raids on religious groups - and the AG bragging of this then lost a Senate run in Florida. The government lost the trials against the Branch Davidians and had to pay millions in civil settlements. The raids stopped.

We have seen it declared that every single mayor, every governor and increasingly just local government bureaucrats self declaring they have absolute total dictatorial power over every aspect of a person's life. You can not go or do anything without their permission. They can summarily order you into unemployment, destroy our business, make your family homeless, declare you are under house arrest and otherwise that they had as absolute power as Kim Jung Un - not following ANY democratic or legislative process.

So while I do not support violence, it always takes those on the fringe willing to do violence against ever increasing, destructive, murderous and oppressive dictatorial government to at least slow it down. Accordingly, I am not upset by this. There is an inherent risk to someone unilaterally self declaring they are a god of absolute power to destroy anyone they want to for any or no reason as a total tyrant. "I order everyone do as I demand - myself exempt" runs the risk that their may be someone determined to prove that tyrannical dictator isn't the living god with total power to control everyone harmfully that s/he declares themselves to be.

A 59-year-old man was arrested on Friday for allegedly threatening to kidnap and kill Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple (D) over the city’s mask mandate.

Meredith Dowty, a retired Wichita firefighter, was booked into Sedgwick County Jail on Friday with the charge of criminal threat.

Wichita Police confirmed in a statement that investigators were alerted to “threatening statements” directed at Whipple, leading to Dowty’s arrest. The investigation is still ongoing.
========================================================================================
Whipple told The Wichita Eagle that he has been made aware of text messages sent to another city official asking about the mayor’s address. He said he read the detailed threat against him.

Curious how they don't release the actual text they claim constitutes the crime.

While I do not advocate violence, history shows us that it takes the fringe to stop endless government advancing on crushing people's lives.

Jesus Christ, how is it you guys don't see the hypocrisy and contrast between how you react to rioters and these white right-wingnuts?!

Jesus Christ, how is it you guys don't see the hypocrisy and contrast between how you react to rioters and these white right-wingnuts?!
I have posted many times I completely oppose mobs, riots and even do not like protest gatherings - regardless of who, what or why. Mob-think is irrational and dangerous.

There are millions and millions of "wingnuts" of all kinds in the USA. It is tiresome picking out one and saying "your side caused this!" as the list on both sides would be millions of names long if all "wingnuts" were known.

In my opinion, other than as an emergency measure lasting no more than the very few days an emergency session of the legislature or city council could be held - every ORDER by "executive fiat" is illegal and the very definition of an act of tyranny by a tyrant. The historic horrific human history struggle against tyranny and tyrants is the history for the struggle for human and individual rights. All human and individual rights came by force. Left unchecked, the level of tyranny and oppression by government or whoever is in power becomes unlimitedly oppressive including murderously so.

You don't care because likely you have profited off the tyranny. But other people lives and that of their families have been completely destroyed. They have been made homeless. They don't have food. Everything they had and worked for literally is gone. Maybe family broke up, divorce. Lost their home. their car, literally lost EVERYTHING. You don't give a damn because it isn't you so why should you care? But they care. And other people care too.

Masks? Masks are a harmful placebo at best. They in fact are harmful. They dehumanize people, literally make them faceless - why the demand for masks and not clear face shields. You are literally ordered to have no face, no identity, all as a declaration of submission of your very self to the edicts of a tyrant. This is not an irrelevancy. It's just irrelevant to couch potatoes, people on fixed income, lazyasses and non-thinking people who do whatever the rich and powerful profiting from this order them to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom