• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WI Crippler stepping down

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
WI Crippler has decided to step down as a moderator. We would love to change his mind, but we understand and yet we still love him.

:2wave:

He will be missed. He has proven an amazing moderator, an asset and a profound friend to all of us. Unsure how else to say it. He is known among the team as the "voice of reason".

He has done many hidden things behind the scenes to keep things in perspective and help keep us sane. We cannot thank him enough. He practically created the tavern we know today and helped to develop many of the fun and amazing traditions in there and all over our forum. He is one helluva guy.

He knows the light is on if he ever wants to return.

Thank you WI Crippler!

Last edited:
What? :(

I hate to see him go... I hope he's going to be hanging around still?

He'd *better* stick around!

I just wanted to say that the decision for me to leave the moderator team was a difficult one. Over the course of the last year I have not been able to be as active a moderator on this forum as I should be. I was able to lightly participate in behind the scene things as vauge stated, but there are many posters here with whom I have never interacted with either as a poster or in my duties as a moderator. Many of you may not even really know me, and I feel that its important that the forum have moderators with whom they interact with on a more regular basis.

I simply do not have it in me to make what I feel are the necessary contributions to the continued growth and improvement of this forum. My time and contributions to this forum are too far in the past for me to feel that I am capable of delivering that level of input to the moderation team anymore, and the necessary presence as a moderator on the forum at large. It is only fair that I step aside, and allow the forum to move forward without me in that capacity. I am not leaving the forum in totality, but just the duties and responsibilities that I can no longer uphold on a consistent basis as a moderator.

I've expressed my gratitude in private with my fellow moderators for the opportunity they gave me, their friendship, and the personal growth I experienced in learning how to interact with others(particularly those with whom i have differences). To all of the forum regulars with whom I interacted in official moderator capacity, I thank you for your support of me when it was given, and the challenges some of you presented to me. Like I said, it's been a while since I have gotten to interact in that capacity. I always tried to give respect, and only in a handful of cases was it ever not reciprocated. You guys have been great to me, and I truly appreciate it.

I think its time for a drink.

Yeah, WIC was never too contraversial as a mod in my recollection. Too bad you have to go.

Thank you WI Crippler for your service. My interactions with you have been limited, but I must say that you are a fair minded and very intelligent person. Thanks for being influential in creating the Tavern that we know and love as well. Thanks again for your service to the forum.

I just wanted to say that the decision for me to leave the moderator team was a difficult one. Over the course of the last year I have not been able to be as active a moderator on this forum as I should be. I was able to lightly participate in behind the scene things as vauge stated, but there are many posters here with whom I have never interacted with either as a poster or in my duties as a moderator. Many of you may not even really know me, and I feel that its important that the forum have moderators with whom they interact with on a more regular basis.

I simply do not have it in me to make what I feel are the necessary contributions to the continued growth and improvement of this forum. My time and contributions to this forum are too far in the past for me to feel that I am capable of delivering that level of input to the moderation team anymore, and the necessary presence as a moderator on the forum at large. It is only fair that I step aside, and allow the forum to move forward without me in that capacity. I am not leaving the forum in totality, but just the duties and responsibilities that I can no longer uphold on a consistent basis as a moderator.

I've expressed my gratitude in private with my fellow moderators for the opportunity they gave me, their friendship, and the personal growth I experienced in learning how to interact with others(particularly those with whom i have differences). To all of the forum regulars with whom I interacted in official moderator capacity, I thank you for your support of me when it was given, and the challenges some of you presented to me. Like I said, it's been a while since I have gotten to interact in that capacity. I always tried to give respect, and only in a handful of cases was it ever not reciprocated. You guys have been great to me, and I truly appreciate it.

I think its time for a drink.

Make me a MOD I have been here for the past five years. I was here when the forum was nothing. And I literally spend all day on the forum.:fly:

Sorry to see you go. Does this mean you are forfeiting your fantasy team?

Sorry to see you go. Does this mean you are forfeiting your fantasy team?

Why? Is his team whippin' yours? :mrgreen:

He's still going to be here, he just won't be on the MOD team.

I was one of the people that didn't get a chance to interact with you very much, but on the odd occasion we did, you were one of the most fair minded people on here. I wish you all the best in your endeavors in the offline world!

Why? Is his team whippin' yours? :mrgreen:

He's still going to be here, he just won't be on the MOD team.

Almost everyone is whipping mine. I actually won a couple of weeks though.

I'd be undefeated had I thought to switch kickers during my kickers bye week. Beating Hugh (again) is good enough for me though. He outscores my team just about every week until he plays me.

which one is yours? i can't tell any of them.....

I am the Psychobillies, liblady. You beat me first match-up. :p

Mine is the worst fantasy football team I have ever fielded. Damned autodraft.

I drafted all Carolina players and nobody was fighting me for them (although liblady grabbed Stewert, only to uncerimoniously dump him later) I won last week by not playing any Carolina players. They are having a ****ty year. :(

I'd be undefeated had I thought to switch kickers during my kickers bye week. Beating Hugh (again) is good enough for me though. He outscores my team just about every week until he plays me.

I think I was the one who beat you!! :mrgreen:

Good luck WI in your future endevors!

Back
Top Bottom