• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why you can't let liberals write school books!

High School AP History Book Rewrites 2nd Amendment | Monderno

Now to all the liberal pro gun advocates I appreciate your intellectual honesty to true liberalism, but this is clearly written by the other type of liberal - you know the one's.

They all seem abbreviated. I think its just preparing for dumber children. Why do you need school when you have an Iphone and Google?

Do schools usually print their own textbooks? Sincere question. Its been quite a while since I went to school and "back in the day" they bought from publishers who sold to multiple locations.

That seems really crappy.
Thanks obama! :p

Now to all the liberal pro gun advocates I appreciate your intellectual honesty to true liberalism, but this is clearly written by the other type of liberal - you know the one's.

I have reviewed the actual document found here (see page 102):

http://www.conejo.k12.ca.us/Portals/49/Departments/Social Science/Palotay/Amsco.pdf

The section quoted is a "summary" of what each clause of the Bill of Rights is interpreted to mean:

Here is a summary of the rights guaranteed in each amendment:
FIRST AMENDMENT. Congress may make no laws that infringe a citizen's right to freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Congress may not favor one religion over another (Separation of church and state).
SECOND AMENDMENT.The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia.

Clearly a limited and biased interpretation, especially since it was produced after the SCOTUS Heller decision in 2008, but before the Scotus McDonald decision in 2010.

The summary should be corrected to reflect the current Constitutional interpretation of the 2nd Amendment as an individual right separate from the necessity of milita membership (Heller) which has been incorporated under the 14th Amendment as applicable to the States (McDonald).

See:

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010) http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

Last edited:
I still remember my history book in school telling me the recession was Hoovers fault. :doh

Or how about how FDR had a solid plan to get the nation out of the recession.

Or my favorite of all that bread lines were because there was no food. :lamo

I'd much prefer the Texas schoolbook that explains how evolution and creationism are both valid theories.

At the same time the "scientists" got rid of Pluto, they also discredited Darwin and carbon dating. The earth is, in fact, less than 6000 years old and they've been a stressful time. Can you imagine the effort the church has put into growing dinosaur bones that just happen to be 5800 years old. But Pluto distracted everybody and now it's official. Welcome to the 59th Century.

:roll:

Pluto is gone?!

Yes. And don't you forget it.

MVEM JSUN - P is what my science teacher made us memorize and that P never really fit in. Good riddance to bad planets.

At the same time the "scientists" got rid of Pluto, they also discredited Darwin and carbon dating. The earth is, in fact, less than 6000 years old and they've been a stressful time. Can you imagine the effort the church has put into growing dinosaur bones that just happen to be 5800 years old. But Pluto distracted everybody and now it's official. Welcome to the 59th Century.

:roll:

Pluto is still it's just a minor planet since it doesn't dominate its orbit like a major planet does.

Pluto is still it's just a minor planet since it doesn't dominate its orbit like a major planet does.

It's good to see some of you sticking up for your dismissed planet. Maybe there's hope for you after all.

Dude, it's not from this solar system - that's why it's not a planet.

1. It's orbit is too irregular to have begun with the other planets.
2. Look at the order of planets (resulting from heavier elements 'sinking' closer to the sun): rock, rock, rock, rock, gas, gas, gas, gas... rock.

It's good to see some of you sticking up for your dismissed planet. Maybe there's hope for you after all.

You really do like to generalize people do you.

Dude, it's not from this solar system - that's why it's not a planet.

1. It's orbit is too irregular to have begun with the other planets.
2. Look at the order of planets (resulting from heavier elements 'sinking' closer to the sun): rock, rock,rock, rock, gas, gas, gas, gas... rock.

Its an object in the kuiper belt. Its not proven its from outside the solar system. It's not a planet since other object take up its orbit around the sound.

Its an object in the kuiper belt. Its not proven its from outside the solar system. It's not a planet since other object take up its orbit around the sound.

It is proven that Pluto is not from our solar system, by the reasons I noted.

Edit: ok, I could be wrong about that...

...is believed to be a captured Kuiper belt object.[120] ...

Pluto is thought to be a residual planetesimal; a component of the original protoplanetary disc around the Sun that failed to fully coalesce into a full-fledged planet.

Pluto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

By your logic then all objects in the Kuiper belt and the Oort cloud all from outside the solar system.

By your logic then all objects in the Kuiper belt and the Oort cloud all from outside the solar system.

Yeah, I think I'm wrong about that. I edited above.

I'm embarrassed to say that I miss it. It was a pretty good little planet even though getting there was so arduous.

Oh Pluto, My Pluto
Oh Pluto, my Pluto, your old status they’ve revised.
You’ve lost your planetary place, from the big nine been excised.
You’ll be renamed a comet, or maybe classed an asteroid
‘Cause in terms of mass you’re challenged, of the needed bulk devoid.
The experts have stopped wrangling,
Have ceased to disagree;
They’ve stripped you of your glory,
Redefined you by decree.
Oh Pluto, my Pluto, you supercool outrider,
Were you targeted because you ain’t an orbital insider?
Don’t race rapidly as Mercury, ain’t mysterious as Venus,
Lack a Martian rouged up desert (and for that, from you, they weaned us!)
Yes you’re short of certain qualities,
We all admit that freely;
But that doesn’t make it right
For scientists to mouth you mealy.
Oh Pluto, my Pluto, in this hour I share your pain,
Like you I’ve long been distant from a cozy warming flame;
I’ve played the fringe eccentric, sought respect as oddball hero,
And ended (much like you) an absolute (in warmed terms) zero.
But though your rep’s been tarnished
And been taken to the cleaner,
There’s great comfort in the fact
That we’ll always both have Xena.

At the same time the "scientists" got rid of Pluto, they also discredited Darwin and carbon dating. The earth is, in fact, less than 6000 years old and they've been a stressful time. Can you imagine the effort the church has put into growing dinosaur bones that just happen to be 5800 years old. But Pluto distracted everybody and now it's official. Welcome to the 59th Century.:roll:

Wait!!! Scientist's put Goofy's dog to sleep? Why would they do that??? :shock:

Yes. And don't you forget it.

MVEM JSUN - P is what my science teacher made us memorize and that P never really fit in. Good riddance to bad planets.

WHAT?!?! It was because people thought he was a planet? He was Goofy's dog, not a planet. Gee, science can be real mean. :(

LOL ;)

This goes on all the time doesn't it. Do the inaccuracies only outrage you when the issue is gun control or do you have concerns about all of the inaccuracies ? Serious question

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom