• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why yes, we DO think we'll get the power back, heh-heh!

KCConservative said:
Hey, if Michael Moore told him that Cheney is getting rich from Halliburton, then it's true. How dare you try and convince him otherwise.
Nevermind the fact that Michael Moron makes a profit off of his Haliburton stocks. What a life the fat man must have! He makes a movie bashing a company he profits from and nobody challenges him on it..... except for the fact that a little book came out called "Do as I say, not as I do: Liberal Lies and Hypocracies".

LaMidRighter said:
Nevermind the fact that Michael Moron makes a profit off of his Haliburton stocks. What a life the fat man must have! He makes a movie bashing a company he profits from and nobody challenges him on it..... except for the fact that a little book came out called "Do as I say, not as I do: Liberal Lies and Hypocracies".

Great book I'm on the last chapter right now.

ThePhoenix said:
Where is the Democrats plan for America? is this your Idea of a plan, to attack conservatives who makes up half or better of our country? I guess they all believe if you attack them long enough that eventually they could win what they do not deserve.

Fact is Dem's, are weak and have no plan, so therefore, is not fit to lead America.

That's right, the Republicans are the Party of Ideas...

The idea to go to Iraq based on lies.
The idea to bankrupt our country.
The idea to force Terri Shiavo to do what the American Taliban want rather than what she wanted.
The idea to subsidize big oil while they rake in record profits and gas prices are once again creeping toward an all time high.
The idea to let Pharmaceutical companies write Medicare/Medicaid legislation.
The idea to let New Orleans "drown in the bathtub."
The idea to let credit card companies write bankruptcy bills.
The idea that bigotry against gay people can win elections.
The idea to call legislation the exact opposite of what it accomplishes: Clear Skies, Healthy Forest, No Child Left Behind etc. etc. etc.
The idea to teach creationism in a science classroom.
The idea to block embryonic stem cell research funding, while we discard those same embryos every day.
The idea to spy on American citizens without a warrant.
The idea to make 11 million people, some of them serving in Iraq, felons in one day, along with the churches that help them.

Americans aren't quite that gullible to fall for it again. I hope.

debate_junkie said:
wow, those are some heavy charges levied. you wouldn't happen to have proof of said charges would you? Oh of course not, I forgot, there needs no proof if lodged against a Republican, correct?

Of course not. I am no different than the Republicans, they tried and failed to have Clinton impeached in a Republican controlled congress. Talk about lies.

Bush and Cheney are the greatest liars in Presidential history. Bush's lies have cost the lives of a hundred thousand Iragis, and 2500 americans. that does not take account of the dead British, Italians, and other allies. Clinton lied about Monica, but that did not cost any Ameiican lives in Bosnia.

Under Clinton and the country was three times as properous than it has been under Bush. Americans need to get rid of the Neoconservatives and make America properous again.

dragonslayer said:
Of course not. I am no different than the Republicans, they tried and failed to have Clinton impeached in a Republican controlled congress. Talk about lies.

Bush and Cheney are the greatest liars in Presidential history. Bush's lies have cost the lives of a hundred thousand Iragis.

There you go making up numbers and I would like you to provide some evidence that Bush lied at all.

hipsterdufus said:
That's right, the Republicans are the Party of Ideas...

The idea to go to Iraq based on lies.
The idea to bankrupt our country.
The idea to force Terri Shiavo to do what the American Taliban want rather than what she wanted.
The idea to subsidize big oil while they rake in record profits and gas prices are once again creeping toward an all time high.
The idea to let Pharmaceutical companies write Medicare/Medicaid legislation.
The idea to let New Orleans "drown in the bathtub."
The idea to let credit card companies write bankruptcy bills.
The idea that bigotry against gay people can win elections.
The idea to call legislation the exact opposite of what it accomplishes: Clear Skies, Healthy Forest, No Child Left Behind etc. etc. etc.
The idea to teach creationism in a science classroom.
The idea to block embryonic stem cell research funding, while we discard those same embryos every day.
The idea to spy on American citizens without a warrant.
The idea to make 11 million people, some of them serving in Iraq, felons in one day, along with the churches that help them.

Americans aren't quite that gullible to fall for it again. I hope.
I just love the "intellectual integrity" of answering this question...

Where is the Democrats plan for America? is this your Idea of a plan, to attack conservatives who makes up half or better of our country?

...with that diatribe...

question - Is this your plan?...To attack Republicans?...

hipsterdufus's answer - Let me respond by attacking Republicans...

Too sad to be funny...:(

dragonslayer said:
Talk about lies.

Bush and Cheney are the greatest liars in Presidential history. Bush's lies have cost the lives of a hundred thousand Iragis, and 2500 americans. that does not take account of the dead British, Italians, and other allies. Clinton lied about Monica, but that did not cost any Ameiican lives in Bosnia.

Imagine if you were ever able to prove your opinionated allegations? Wow, you could have Bush's head on a stick. ;)

Originally posted by KCConservative:
Imagine if you were ever able to prove your opinionated allegations? Wow, you could have Bush's head on a stick.
How the hell are you doing KC? You need to increase your vocabulary. I think you used this very line on me a while back. Verbatum.

Just like to say, your a damn fine con!

who are you calling a neo con.
You are an elitist prick, who neither favors democracy or justice over personal greed. You are a **** sucker who should be silenced in democratic fashion.

cnredd said:
I just love the "intellectual integrity" of answering this question...

...with that diatribe...

question - Is this your plan?...To attack Republicans?...

hipsterdufus's answer - Let me respond by attacking Republicans...

Too sad to be funny...:(

ALL those things you wrote are truly NeoCon, failings. Glad that you are starting to grow. It is easy to see the NeoCon lies, they are recorded for the future. Bush, Cheney, and their corporate puppet masters are ruining our economy, and think they are building a world economy. Greed, death, deception, Bayonet democracy. the legacy of Bush.

As soon as Republican asks me for proof about Bush, I realize that they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes again. Denial means nothing, Bush's lies and deceptions were made in front of the whole world.:rofl

Billo_Really said:
How the hell are you doing KC? You need to increase your vocabulary. I think you used this very line on me a while back. Verbatum.

Just like to say, your a damn fine con!
In fact, your're not the only one I have said it to. I have used that comment many times. Every time a Bush hater spreads another lie, I offer the notion of what could be if they were able to prove it. Stay tuned. I'm sure I'll post it again very soon.

Originally posted by KCConservative:
In fact, your're not the only one I have said it to. I have used that comment many times. Every time a Bush hater spreads another lie, I offer the notion of what could be if they were able to prove it. Stay tuned. I'm sure I'll post it again very soon.
You gotta go with what got you here.

KCConservative said:

to prove it, look at the News. Look at fox News. anytime a conservative looks at an American and says prove it, this is just part of the coverup, and the deceit. All we have to do is look at the news. New Conservative: means deceit, greed, death, war.. New Conservative means the end of American Values, and Democracy at the end of Bayonet.

Traditional conservativism use to mean valuing good traditions, and it still does, but, Now the Traditional conservatives are all Democrats.

dragonslayer said:
to prove it, look at the News. Look at fox News. anytime a conservative looks at an American and says prove it, this is just part of the coverup, and the deceit. All we have to do is look at the news. New Conservative: means deceit, greed, death, war.. New Conservative means the end of American Values, and Democracy at the end of Bayonet.

Traditional conservativism use to mean valuing good traditions, and it still does, but, Now the Traditional conservatives are all Democrats.

Which Democrats might those be? The ones who assault police officers? The ones who call our troops terrorists? The ones who liken our troops to Nazi's? Where are all of these good traditional conservative Democrats???

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Which Democrats might those be? The ones who assault police officers? The ones who call our troops terrorists? The ones who liken our troops to Nazi's? Where are all of these good traditional conservative Democrats???

I agree,,, which democrats are you thinking of. I hear a lot of rhetoric from NeoCons that says if you don't like our corporate wars, you don't like America. Pure BS.

There are a great many similarities between Bush, Chaney, Gingritch, and the Nazis, but I have never heard but one or two stray thinkers accuse the troops of being terrorists and Nazis. Bush is the real terrorist the unnecessary deaths of our troops in Iraq, and the death of over hundred thousand Iragis as a result of the war.

A good loyal American questions and searches for the real answers and does not settle for the constant lies and deception coming from Washington DC.

You are suggesting that it is ok for Star to harrass Clinton, and have NeoCons constantly telling lies about Clinton. All the money wasted on the clinton investigation.

Are you suggesting that we cannot call Bush (the great liar) on his problems and deceptions. A good loyal American, calls our leaders on their bad judgement and BS. Bush is the worse president in our history. His actions and tax cuts are antiAmerica.

Bush's approval ratings took another nose dive again today.

I have to agree with Billo Really, you are real con man. the problem that when you are dealing with NeoConservatives and Bush, the only thing you can do is BS and decieve.

Anytime a Neo Conservative tell an opponent in this forum to prove their statement, it means the NeoCon is without argument and is trying to decieve.

Last edited:
dragonslayer said:
I agree,,, which democrats are you thinking of. I hear a lot of rhetoric from NeoCons that says if you don't like our corporate wars, you don't like America. Pure BS.

There are a great many similarities between Bush, Chaney, Gingritch, and the Nazis, but I have never heard but one or two stray thinkers accuse the troops of being terrorists and Nazis. Bush is the real terrorist the unnecessary deaths of our troops in Iraq, and the death of over hundred thousand Iragis as a result of the war.

A good loyal American questions and searches for the real answers and does not settle for the constant lies and deception coming from Washington DC.

You are suggesting that it is ok for Star to harrass Clinton, and have NeoCons constantly telling lies about Clinton. All the money wasted on the clinton investigation.

Are you suggesting that we cannot call Bush (the great liar) on his problems and deceptions. A good loyal American, calls our leaders on their bad judgement and BS. Bush is the worse president in our history. His actions and tax cuts are antiAmerica.

Bush's approval ratings took another nose dive again today.

I have to agree with Billo Really, you are real con man. the problem that when you are dealing with NeoConservatives and Bush, the only thing you can do is BS and decieve.

Anytime a Neo Conservative tell an opponent in this forum to prove their statement, it means the NeoCon is without argument and is trying to decieve.

Here's the thing with Democrats, they claim to be just as supportive of our troops and just as big on defense as the Republicans but they fail to name one single Democrat who's last name isn't Lieberman who is strong on National Security. Let's look at the leadership in the DNC: Kennedy, Pelosi, Kerry, Gore, Schumer, Feingold, Dean, and Durbin.

Here's the thing with Democrats, they claim to be just as supportive of our troops and just as big on defense as the Republicans but they fail to name one single Democrat who's last name isn't Lieberman who is strong on National Security. Let's look at the leadership in the DNC: Kennedy, Pelosi, Kerry, Gore, Schumer, Feingold, Dean, and Durbin.

YOur main problem is that you constantly think that Bush's war has something to do with American defense. We know that the invasion of Irag was done to help Bush's corporate buddies, and the royal family of Saudi Arabia get higher prices when they sell oil, by limiting Iraqs production.

the men you mentioned are apposed to the incredible expenditures of money and life in Iraq. Irag has nothing to do with the war on terror or American defense. It is pure corporate aggression.. All the men that you mentioned backed Bush when they went into Afghanistan to destroy Bin Laudin. If Bush was not trying to screw america and fighting the war on terror, he would get his support from those men and the American People. Heck man, even the French supported the war in Afghanistan and sent troops to help America.

the other day, I was talking with one of my grand nephews. He asked me if I had enjoyed my time in the Army. and what I think of him going into the service considering the current state of politics. I told him that I thought that he should wait until after the election, and wait for our troop to come home from Irag, to go into the service. He wants to defend our country like I wanted to do when I was in Viet Nam. I told him not waste his life for Bush's AntiAmerican policies.

dragonslayer said:
YOur main problem is that you constantly think that Bush's war has something to do with American defense. We know that the invasion of Irag was done to help Bush's corporate buddies, and the royal family of Saudi Arabia get higher prices when they sell oil, by limiting Iraqs production.

Bush has corporate buddies? Who are they? Did you know that Cheney doesn't get a single penny from Haliburtun, he is contractually obligated to give his Halliburton severance to charity. This was not necessary but he voluntarily signed the contract to avoid even a hint of a conflict of interest.

the men you mentioned are apposed to the incredible expenditures of money and life in Iraq. Irag has nothing to do with the war on terror or American defense. It is pure corporate aggression.. All the men that you mentioned backed Bush when they went into Afghanistan to destroy Bin Laudin. If Bush was not trying to screw america and fighting the war on terror, he would get his support from those men and the American People. Heck man, even the French supported the war in Afghanistan and sent troops to help America.

Let's leave politics out of it for a second; the men I'm talking about called our troops Nazis and terrorists it had nothing to do with Bush it was a direct attack on our soldiers who are just following orders. You aren't going to win anything so long as your party leadership is run by fringe left nut jobs like Durbin, Kerry, Dean, Kennedy, and Gore.

the other day, I was talking with one of my grand nephews. He asked me if I had enjoyed my time in the Army. and what I think of him going into the service considering the current state of politics. I told him that I thought that he should wait until after the election, and wait for our troop to come home from Irag, to go into the service. He wants to defend our country like I wanted to do when I was in Viet Nam. I told him not waste his life for Bush's AntiAmerican policies.

So you think that the Democratic party can win when they say things like our troops are Nazis, our troops are the terrorists, our President is Hitler etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Bush has corporate buddies? Who are they? Did you know that Cheney doesn't get a single penny from Haliburtun, he is contractually obligated to give his Halliburton severance to charity. This was not necessary but he voluntarily signed the contract to avoid even a hint of a conflict of interest.

Let's leave politics out of it for a second; the men I'm talking about called our troops Nazis and terrorists it had nothing to do with Bush it was a direct attack on our soldiers who are just following orders. You aren't going to win anything so long as your party leadership is run by fringe left nut jobs like Durbin, Kerry, Dean, Kennedy, and Gore.

So you think that the Democratic party can win when they say things like our troops are Nazis, our troops are the terrorists, our President is Hitler etc etc etc.

Who called our troops Nazis? Who said our troops are terrorists? Give me direct quotes. I think you've been watching too much " Out of context Theatre"

That's an insane charge - even for you.

Bush's leading career political contributor until they went belly up was Enron, lead by the indicted "Kenny Boy" Lay. I'm sure you knew that.

It's the tip of the iceberg.

Here's a report on the Enron Bush relationship from 2000:

Pioneer Profiles: George W. Bush's $100,000 Club

The $550,025 that the Enron Corp. gave Bush over the years makes it his No. 1 career patron, according to the Center for Public Integrity. “Virtually every … aspect of Enron’s operations is overseen by the federal government,” a ’96 Dallas Morning News story noted. Not surprisingly, this global natural gas giant and its top executive are big political contributors who keep revolving doors whirling. Lay hired President Bush’s cabinet members James Baker and Robert Mosbacher as they left office. After President Bush’s ’93 Gulf War victory tour of Kuwait, Baker and other members of his entourage stayed on to hustle Enron contracts. The Clinton administration also threatened to cut Mozambique’s aid in ’95 if the world’s poorest country awarded a pipeline contract to a different company. Enron got Bush to contact Texas’ congressional delegation in ’97 to promote a corporate welfare program in which U.S. taxpayers finance political risk insurance for the foreign operations of corporations such as Enron. Enron plants around Houston—which surpassed LA for the title to the nation’s worst air—are “grandfathered” air polluters that exploit a loophole in state law to avoid installing modern pollution-control technologies. Earlier this year the Houston Astros inaugurated their new Enron Field, which was financed with $180 million in public tax dollars and $100 million from Enron. In return, Enron landed tax breaks and a $200 million contract to power the stadium. Topping Enron’s political wish list in Texas was deregulation of the state’s electrical markets. Bush signed this dream into law in ’99.

http://www.tpj.org/pioneers/kenneth_lay.html

Last edited:
hipsterdufus said:
Who called our troops Nazis? Who said our troops are terrorists? Give me direct quotes. I think you've been watching too much " Out of context Theatre"

That's an insane charge - even for you.

Oh really?

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime--Pol Pot or others--that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners." -- Dick Durbin

"Let me--I--first of all, there is so much more that unites Democrats than divides us. And Democrats have much more in common with each other than they do with George Bush's policy right now. Now Joe Lieberman, I believe, also voted for the resolution which said the president needs to make more clear what he's doing and set out benchmarks, and that the policy hasn't been working. We all believe him when you say, 'Stay the course.' That's the president's policy, which hasn't been changing, which is a policy of failure. I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis.
And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not" -- John Kerry

Bush's leading career political contributor until they went belly up was Enron, lead by the indicted "Kenny Boy" Lay. I'm sure you knew that.

It's the tip of the iceberg.

Here's a report on the Enron Bush relationship from 2000:

http://www.tpj.org/pioneers/kenneth_lay.html

And Ken Delay is going to jail, when Bush gives him a presidential pardon I'll agree that he is in the pockets of the corporations but until then I'm going to have to disagree.

I think stories like this may have something to do with the shift in public opinion, and although I do not think our troops are nazis, placing young men in life threatening situations can result in mistakes that are compared, right or wrong, to nazi-like behavior.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12258556/

Oh really?

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime--Pol Pot or others--that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners." -- Dick Durbin

"Let me--I--first of all, there is so much more that unites Democrats than divides us. And Democrats have much more in common with each other than they do with George Bush's policy right now. Now Joe Lieberman, I believe, also voted for the resolution which said the president needs to make more clear what he's doing and set out benchmarks, and that the policy hasn't been working. We all believe him when you say, 'Stay the course.' That's the president's policy, which hasn't been changing, which is a policy of failure. I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis.
And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not" -- John Kerry

And Ken Delay is going to jail, when Bush gives him a presidential pardon I'll agree that he is in the pockets of the corporations but until then I'm going to have to disagree.

I'm familiar with both of those statements. As you know Durbin backed off his statement, but I think the comparison is very valid when troops, or LE show unconscionable behavior.

You're playing a semantic game with the Kerry statement. He certainly isn't calling the troops terrorists. A good defensive back "terrorizes" a wide receiver. Sick children "terrorize" pets. Are they "terrorists", of course not. It's 2 different meanings of the word.

It's not Ken Delay. It's Ken Lay.

I'm sorry your criteria for corporate servitude is so high. The vast majority of the legislation written by this administration favors large corporate donors and harms the working stiff. What do you think the K Street project is all about?

hipsterdufus said:
I'm familiar with both of those statements. As you know Durbin backed off his statement, but I think the comparison is very valid when troops, or LE show unconscionable behavior.

And the majority of the Democratic leadership shares your opinion and that's why you're going to lose.
You're playing a semantic game with the Kerry statement. He certainly isn't calling the troops terrorists. A good defensive back "terrorizes" a wide receiver. Sick children "terrorize" pets. Are they "terrorists", of course not. It's 2 different meanings of the word.

And this is why you're not going to regain power in '06, because the Democratic base actually supports these outrageous comments. You're the one playing a semantics game, Kerry said our troops our terrorizing Iraqi citizens, ie to terrorize, ie to be a terrorist.

And the majority of the Democratic leadership shares your opinion and that's why you're going to lose.

And this is why you're not going to regain power in '06, because the Democratic base actually supports these outrageous comments. You're the one playing a semantics game, Kerry said our troops our terrorizing Iraqi citizens, ie to terrorize, ie to be a terrorist.

I guess we'll see won't we.

I'm sorry you can't see the difference between rightfully criticizing a small number of troops that commit unconscionable acts, and support for the overwhelming majority that are doing everything asked of them.

Perhaps it's too nuanced for you; I understand.

hipsterdufus said:
I guess we'll see won't we.

I'm sorry you can't see the difference between rightfully criticizing a small number of troops that commit unconscionable acts, and support for the overwhelming majority that are doing everything asked of them.

Perhaps it's too nuanced for you; I understand.

Durbin didn't make any distinctions he said the military our military are equatable to nazis and just as in Vietnam Kerry painted the military as evil terrorists rampaging through the Iraqi countryside terrorizing innocent Iraqi women and children.

Back
Top Bottom